Author Topic: Creepy & Cute parts pack won't install  (Read 16406 times)

Offline smjjames

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy & Cute parts pack won't install
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 10:09:59 pm »
yea, it should go to patch installation after you download them in the spore main screen.

The EADM is needed for downloading them, not sure about installation though.

Offline DarkPlasma

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 05:51:21 am »
Question: why did you uninstall the EADM?

Offline smjjames

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 08:04:52 am »
Question: why did you uninstall the EADM?

For me, I just found it annoying that it kept coming up when I started Spore, and besides, Spore doesn't even need it to run. I removed it after I was done with the patch installation, not during the installation.

Offline The_rogue

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 06:32:51 pm »
You don't need EADM to get the patches, i haven't installed it, i just downloaded the patches off my internet providers fileserver.
the only prob i had with installing the patch is that i had to free up 10gb of space to stop the "not enough space on hard drive" error.

gec05

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 08:21:00 pm »
You don't need EADM to get the patches, i haven't installed it, i just downloaded the patches off my internet providers fileserver.
the only prob i had with installing the patch is that i had to free up 10gb of space to stop the "not enough space on hard drive" error.

10 GB? What kind of patch is that? Whatever you did I would highly suggest no one takes your advice. Who knows what else is inside a 10GB "patch."

Offline The_rogue

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 09:05:57 pm »
lol it was only a 100mb patch but it wouldn't allow me to update until i had 10gb free space v1.3

gec05

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 09:08:05 pm »
Hm, still sounds shady. :P

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2008, 09:28:38 am »
Lol, that actually sounds more shady...
Look, just leave me alone.

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2008, 09:35:32 am »
Try reinstalling 1.1?

Problem is, that won't install as well, none of the patches has ever took hold, even after buying a brand new hard drive, and reintalling everything from scratch.

By everything I mean starting with Windows XP and going from there forward.

- W -
* Meh *

Happened to me too!

My patches never installed, so i had to play an unpatched game, till i got cute and creepy.

Somehow the patcher in the Cute and Creepy worked for me when no other patchers worked.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 04:48:49 pm »
Try reinstalling 1.1?

Problem is, that won't install as well, none of the patches has ever took hold, even after buying a brand new hard drive, and reintalling everything from scratch.

By everything I mean starting with Windows XP and going from there forward.

- W -
* Meh *

Happened to me too!

My patches never installed, so i had to play an unpatched game, till i got cute and creepy.

Somehow the patcher in the Cute and Creepy worked for me when no other patchers worked.

I was hoping that it'd work for me, but no such luck, and Game Stop won't take the parts pack back so I can get refunded.

:(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

- W -
* Meh *

Offline Kenobro

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 04:49:53 pm »
Do you still have EADM?  If not, get it so that the game can patch.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 08:50:45 am »
Do you still have EADM?  If not, get it so that the game can patch.

The 'patch installer' is already on my Hard Drive, I don't need EADM turned on 24/7/365 to patch the game.

- W -
* Haven't you been paying attention to the entire thread at all ? *

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2008, 03:14:35 pm »
- Redo from scratch -

Well, I removed Spore completely from my computer.
Reinstalled Creature Creator, patched THAT, tried to put Creepy & Cute on top of that.
I now have Creepy & Cute.
However, don't have Spore installed, nor will I after all this mess.
Less I have extra $ this month and try the 'galactic' edition see if that will upgrade and whatnot.

- W -
* I hardly play Spore as it is, mostly just create stuff for it in the editors anyway *

Offline ProfPendragon

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Enigma University Life Sciences Experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2008, 07:40:42 pm »
Just to add my own two sporebucks on this issue...

Firstly, Patch 3 wouldn't work for me; I had to uninstall-reinstall to get that to work, which blessedly it did.  Then I splurged and got C&C, and went to install it, and I got the infamous 'Spore is not installed' error.  After some poking around on the official forums, there was a theory going around that it couldn't find Spore if you installed it under a different language setting on your computer.

I typically run my computer on Japanese mode so I can play.. ahem... imported games.  Now Spore installed and ran just fine under that mode, it didn't care-- but apparently it normally installs with a little (TM) in the directory name structure if you use the proper western/unicode language setting.  Mine didn't have that, and I didn't know what needed to be altered where... so I uninstalled/reinstalled AGAIN, as C&C refused to see Spore without the proper little (TM) symbol in the directory name.  Not even an option to MANUALLY locate Spore-- if it wasn't where it was supposed to be, it just said I didn't have it.

And this time, during the uninstall/reinstall, my saves got corrupted somehow. >_<  I have all of my critters, still, but all of my planets are gone.  My whole galaxy is tablula rasa.  The parts are okay,  but not really worth all of the pain it took through to install the damn thing.  I really, really, REALLY they fix this problem in future parts packs. >_<  Really. 
Spore ID: ProfPendragon

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:45 pm »
Just to add my own two sporebucks on this issue...

Firstly, Patch 3 wouldn't work for me; I had to uninstall-reinstall to get that to work, which blessedly it did.  Then I splurged and got C&C, and went to install it, and I got the infamous 'Spore is not installed' error.  After some poking around on the official forums, there was a theory going around that it couldn't find Spore if you installed it under a different language setting on your computer.

I typically run my computer on Japanese mode so I can play.. ahem... imported games.  Now Spore installed and ran just fine under that mode, it didn't care-- but apparently it normally installs with a little (TM) in the directory name structure if you use the proper western/unicode language setting.  Mine didn't have that, and I didn't know what needed to be altered where... so I uninstalled/reinstalled AGAIN, as C&C refused to see Spore without the proper little (TM) symbol in the directory name.  Not even an option to MANUALLY locate Spore-- if it wasn't where it was supposed to be, it just said I didn't have it.

And this time, during the uninstall/reinstall, my saves got corrupted somehow. >_<  I have all of my critters, still, but all of my planets are gone.  My whole galaxy is tablula rasa.  The parts are okay,  but not really worth all of the pain it took through to install the damn thing.  I really, really, REALLY they fix this problem in future parts packs. >_<  Really. 

Ugh.
Sounds like you might have to do what I did.
Complete remove Spore (backup your creatures & whatnot to a temp file somewhere first)
Reinstall Spore in English (as long as you can still run other games in Japanese that is)
Patch to v3, Creepy & Cute install.
If this doesn't work, then I don't know what will.

- W -
* Guessing as he can't patch normal Spore himself to test this, he has only been able to patch the Creature Creator *