Author Topic: _.-'-._A Map of the Galaxy_.-'-._ [RG]  (Read 24138 times)

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Remember kids, it's only war crimes if you loose!
    • View Profile
Re: _.-'-._A Map of the Galaxy_.-'-._ [RG]
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 10:47:58 pm »
Well here's a galaxy I slapped together in Photoshop. You or someone else can put the grid.

The Goonal:
Renufar. Red Dwarf. Square G3. Upper Right.

This is a formal request for Gec to become official artist of this thread. I have no artistic skills whatsoever and thus I am formally asking you for service.

I think I'll choose "someone else".

EDIT: Wow just noticed how many typing errors I have in this thread. I'll go back and edit them.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

gec05

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 11:39:56 pm »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 03:46:18 am »
Gec *I LOVE YOU, that is so awesome!!! ;D 8) ;) :)

*In a Platonic way.

Also, the TIs' 371st Corps went to the core region in order to establish a temporary outpost there until they could call for back-up from their home galaxy. The TI's are, like most creatures, physical and subject to the force of the core. They are only able to survive traversing through it because of their ship.

Since the RG's beginning, Athanatsu has officially been retired and dismantled in a controlled manner, becoming the Athanatsu System of the Orealyianis Monarchy. It's core has shrunk to the size of a blue supergiant and most of it's mass, evaporated and/or dispersed. Athanatsu's three smaller bodies shrank to one or two solar radii.

It's still quite in the same place, though it's now owned by the Orealyanis. :)

Again, pretty awesome map, Gec! 8) ;D :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:11 am »

*In a Platonic way.

Oh I'm pretty sure after that picture most of the Spore Forum RPers have a love for gec far beyond Platonic.

Also, and I'm not sure why I didn't ask for this earlier, could someone plop the Austa A near the other Union species?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:48 am »

*In a Platonic way.

Darn! Beat me to the punch.

The dude's practically Gaming Steve royalty but yeah aweeeesome( I wish I had a pic to go with :' that. :'( )
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:29:31 am by SporeBuck »
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 05:20:51 am »
Hmm... The Forthi doesn't seem to have a marker? ???

But still it really is very awesome!!! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21:26 am »
Fix your quotes. Or else.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 05:27:56 am »
Fix your quotes. Or else.

I really don't know what happened.  I'll try to fix them. But thank you for pointing them out.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:29:52 am by SporeBuck »
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 08:54:00 am »
YAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! *Has a heart attack*

*Gets up*
Wow, I've got to learn not to directly view stuff made of awesome without my glasses. But, anyway...
HAHAHAHAAA! AWESOME! You're not practically Gaming Steve royalty, you are Gaming Steve royalty! I officially crown Gec the King of the Gaming Steve Spore forum for countless contributions in the form of artwork, creatures, and much more. And because he's a mod.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 10:24:08 am »
What UFO King said.

Hey, where are the Kratair?

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2008, 10:25:02 am »
YAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! *Has a heart attack*

*Gets up*
Wow, I've got to learn not to directly view stuff made of awesome without my glasses. But, anyway...
HAHAHAHAAA! AWESOME! You're not practically Gaming Steve royalty, you are Gaming Steve royalty! I officially crown Gec the King of the Gaming Steve Spore forum for countless contributions in the form of artwork, creatures, and much more. And because he's a mod.

Thing was, he wasn't even a Mod until fairly recently. Which only ENHANCES his awesomeness. I'm awestruck to even have him post here let alone grace my thread with his awesomeness. All in all this is definitely your crowning moment of awesome.

Awesome.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 10:34:57 am by SporeBuck »
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Online martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 12:46:47 pm »
What UFO King said.

Hooray!  Kratairian society lessons time!

It's been quite a while since I've gone over this so I'm not suprised quite a few people don't know this.  Essentially what happend is long ago, the Kratairian homeworld was destroyed by a large disaster (big, galacitc explosiony stuff, planet gets engulfed, blah blah blah).  So, since then, the Kratair have drifeted around through space in their fleets, rather than having a concrete homeworld.  This is why they don;t appear on any maps and also why they are so adept at interstellar combat.

Of course, now with the creation of Rolstron, that could be subject to change.  And that planet really needs a position.  Hmm...

The upper right corner of D4 looks good.  The Kratair have often drifted around in that area if the other map is any refference, as well as it being near many other key systems, Beyon included.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline SporeBuck

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 12:54:42 pm »
What UFO King said.

It's been quite a while since I've gone over this so I'm not suprised quite a few people don't know this.  Essentially what happend is long ago, the Kratairian homeworld was destroyed by a large disaster (big, galacitc explosiony stuff, planet gets engulfed, blah blah blah).  So, since then, the Kratair have drifeted around through space in their fleets, rather than having a concrete homeworld.  This is why they don;t appear on any maps and also why they are so adept at interstellar combat.

Of course, now with the creation of Rolstron, that could be subject to change.  And that planet really needs a position.  Hmm...

The upper right corner of D4 looks good.  The Kratair have often drifted around in that area if the other map is any refference, as well as it being near many other key systems, Beyon  and Galac included.

Exactly. We need to make sure to cut off a central "advanced region" were we should put our more old school knowlegble species. Just for teh sake of rp.
Boobs in Star Trek FTW.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 12:57:51 pm »
What UFO King said.

The upper right corner of D4 looks good.  The Kratair have often drifted around in that area if the other map is any refference, as well as it being near many other key systems, Beyon included.

Um, couldn't you put the Kratair a little closer to the Goonal, since they were the first race the Goonal contacted?

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 01:06:47 pm »
I think it's perfect. 

Due to the quantum wormhole that sucked up the Xwi system, they are now in this galaxy.  Put them in the location corresponding to their location in the NG map .  The Milika are in sector G7, extreme lower left.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.