Poll

Do You hate it?

It's the best thing ever. I would choose it over sex!
3 (5.9%)
it's brilliant!
8 (15.7%)
it's good!
19 (37.3%)
Strictly Average.
11 (21.6%)
Bad Game.
5 (9.8%)
Awful Game!
0 (0%)
I HATE IT TOO!!! It should be banned!!
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: I hate Guitar Hero! Who's with me!?  (Read 11345 times)

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Guitar Hero! Who's with me!?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 12:19:28 pm »
People obviously pretend they have an audience when they play Guitar Hero...

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 12:22:12 pm »
imagine if say. . .  thats all Eric Clapton did or Dave Grohl or Axl Rose did.

Then I'd say that you are ignorant. But there's ignorant people everywhere. Axl Rose is pretty ignorant and he's a douchebag. :-\

Chinese Democracy my ass...

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 12:31:48 pm »
I'm happy to say Guitar Hero is a game, and a lot of people seem to enjoy it. However, when you start counting high scores or 100%s as something more than just a high score on a video game and as an actual accomplishment in life, that's kiiiinda weeeeird.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 12:56:34 pm »
well guitar hero players tend to be Rock Star Wannabes and rather than actually learn an instrument and put in the effort they just pretend they are by jumping up and down in their bedroom with a giant game controler listening to Cliche rock.

Well, it's not like they expect to be rock stars.

It's all "pretend".

It's not like people are playing their Fantasy games and they actually think they are a Knight of Camelot.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 01:27:41 pm »
.... Er....

Actually, there are people who do.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 01:31:59 pm »
and there are people who think they discuss war strategy with Charlemagne on the streets of San Fransisco.

Let's not bunch up the crazy people with the normal ones. As opposed to the general idea that everyone who plays Guitar Hero thinks they're Angus Young.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 03:15:17 pm »
it's because when you and some mates are setting around the console Rocking out playing a rolling stones track it is pure un-adulterated fun. It's not a real instrument so what Rock Band had it's Australian release (here I go my personal sounding like a broken record moment) just last Friday. So I been playing that game fair bit In an no time at all I can pick the game and be playing Foo Fighters - Learn to fly. To do so with a real guitar would take months of practice. Do i think I'm actually Dave Grohl? Heck no. Am I having fun? Darn tootin. The feeling is multiplied when I get friends to join me we pretend we are cool and we have fun.

Further point I've heard guitar sales are up as a result of Guitar hero/rock band people are wanting to learn to play for real from this very accessible medium.

Finally i leave you with case and point.

gec05

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 03:28:56 pm »
Sheesh Brutus, do you have something against people's form of pleasure and fun? The game is awesome because it fun. Not because it teaches you how to actually play an instrument. I'm pretty sure people are aware of that. And what makes it so great is that you can bond with your friends and have a good time. That is the true spirit of these music games.

As Cobra said, not everyone can commit to learning an instrument and perform in a family environment. Not everyone has that luxury. But I'm pretty sure you feel more attached to the friends you play with.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2008, 04:05:44 pm »
If anything, the world needs fewer guitar players and Guitar Hero is doing an immaculate job at that. Our college quads are becoming congested with douchebags who think it's cool to sit out there in the grass strumming the first few chords to a song that they think makes them deep and mysterious. We need them out of the way so that the only true non-douche activity can happen: Ultimate Frisbee.

Actually, on this point I will agree with you. The people at my school who will bring a guitar a butcher a Christian/Country song...oh there are so many. The songs are bad to begin with, and then add in horrid guitar and some atrocious vocals....bleh.

But I know a lot of people who picked up real guitar due to guitar hero, or picked up percussion because of rock band.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2008, 04:13:11 pm »
I don't really think this thread was made because of "RAWW, I HATE PEOPLE WHO PLAY ROCKBAND AND GUITAR HERO!"...

Ok, maybe. But more likely, you have to add "AND THINK THEY ARE MORE AWESOME THEN HOT SAUCE!" to the end.

They can have their fun, but leave it in the bedroom, or whereever it is they play with themselves.

... what were we talking about?

gec05

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 04:43:44 pm »
About people's silly conception that they can play a real guitar because they played Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

Those kinds of people should be blamed themselves, not the game.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 06:42:04 am »
The game itself is fun. It's "hardcore" fans (how can you be hardcore about a casual game anyway?) can be irritating though.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 07:48:39 am »
(how can you be hardcore about a casual game anyway?)

Because 'hardcore' and 'casual' are stupid and arbitrary labels for games which actually occupy a complex spectrum.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 08:43:00 am »
and there are people who think they discuss war strategy with Charlemagne on the streets of San Fransisco.

Ha... Have you been stalking me?!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2008, 10:11:46 am »
I don't like guitar hero, rock band, any eyetoy a games, and most wii titles. Because i don't like casual gimmicks where you need to buy extra equipment or controllers to play them.

Though i admit i did have rock band and while it was fun i regret it because it was not worth the huge price tag.