Poll

Do You hate it?

It's the best thing ever. I would choose it over sex!
3 (5.9%)
it's brilliant!
8 (15.7%)
it's good!
19 (37.3%)
Strictly Average.
11 (21.6%)
Bad Game.
5 (9.8%)
Awful Game!
0 (0%)
I HATE IT TOO!!! It should be banned!!
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: I hate Guitar Hero! Who's with me!?  (Read 11338 times)

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
I hate Guitar Hero! Who's with me!?
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:47:49 am »
I'm looking around on the internet for a new guitar and to get an idea of whats available i type Les Paul into ebay as they're my favourite kind of guitar and all i get are freakin guitar hero guitars. I'm sick of this thing. I look for song tabs and i get idiots bragging about how they can play this song guitar hero.

Its a game where a band that only gets 80% of its notes correct gets blazing 5 start reviews and you can post a video on youtube of you getting 100% on expert and people will comend and envy you on how much of your life you've wasted.

It boggles my mind it really does.

Never mind your own business.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Guitar Hero! Who's with me!?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:07 am »
Its actually awesome.

You probably are just bad at it.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 10:01:43 am »
why not spend all those hours learning an actual instrument?

i was watching the in bloom music video on youtube and the comments section had people proudly boasting "i can get 100% on this song in guitar hero!".

so? its a game. Music is one of the most defining aspects of any culture. I love music. Its an obsession of mine. Its the only thing that all cultures have and appreciate and people make million releasing a game where you pretend to play guitar.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:08:41 am »
Is THAT many options on a poll really necessary? 3 would suffice methinks.

why not spend all those hours learning an actual instrument?

Now, I don't play it. But it makes more sense to play this than taking the insane amount of hours needed to learn a "real" instrument.

The game is cheaper, faster to learn, and easy to throw away.

A real Guitar takes commitment.

Some people don't want that. They want to easy way. Fine. But no one is impressed with it other than other Guitar Hero players. And that's the trade-off.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 10:24:36 am »
i wanna good idea of how much people like it.

its just annoying to see something so important to me reduced to something so stupid and trivial.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 10:26:23 am »
It's a fun game. Go one step further and let's talk about Rock Band. Every time I go to a party with Rock Band there's always a fight over which girl gets to use the mic. That's a blast! Plus it's a great way to meet people, oddly enough.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:31 am »
i wanna good idea of how much people like it.

its just annoying to see something so important to me reduced to something so stupid and trivial.

Who says its stupid? It teaches people the songs doesn't it? Those people who have 100% could probably recite the entire song to you, is that not cultural expansion of music? Just because they cant play a real guitar doesn't lessen their interest and passion for music.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 10:40:32 am »
If anything, the world needs fewer guitar players and Guitar Hero is doing an immaculate job at that. Our college quads are becoming congested with douchebags who think it's cool to sit out there in the grass strumming the first few chords to a song that they think makes them deep and mysterious. We need them out of the way so that the only true non-douche activity can happen: Ultimate Frisbee.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 10:46:32 am »
having the ability to recite songs isn't cultural expansion.  Its just an annoying fad.
you could use that logic to argue sining into a hairbrush is cultural expansion.

if you wanna buy something and waste your time thats fine but its this hole thing where i can't escape it. its everywhere. You cant avoid hearing about it.

Our college quads are becoming congested with douchebags who think it's cool to sit out there in the grass strumming the first few chords to a song that they think makes them deep and mysterious.

I hate them aswell.  They've started learning for all the rong reasons. You shouldn't start learning just to try and acheive a look you want. I try very hard to avoid that. I don't play when friends are over or when i have company plus the main instrument i can play is piano.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 10:50:04 am »
guitar hero is a fun game...the people who obsess about it are just stupid...but thats the same with everything

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 10:51:59 am »
Meh, I don't really care for it.  Not awful, but not the wonderful thing it is cut out to be.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 11:00:35 am »
I don't find it that great, I get the same level of enjoyment out of an in browser flash game.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 11:15:25 am »
Call me crazy, but haven't people been memorizing and reciting songs since songs were invented? That's a mighty powerful fad, my friends!

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 11:19:52 am »
Call me crazy, but haven't people been memorizing and reciting songs since songs were invented? That's a mighty powerful fad, my friends!

I agree with this.  What's so bad about singing into a hairbrush?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 12:17:42 pm »
well guitar hero players tend to be Rock Star Wannabes and rather than actually learn an instrument and put in the effort they just pretend they are by jumping up and down in their bedroom with a giant game controler listening to Cliche rock.

imagine if say. . .  thats all Eric Clapton did or Dave Grohl or Axl Rose did.

Its not cultural expansion its the opposite. Atleast when you sing into a hairbrush you atleast practice singing while your imagining you have a crowd of adoring fans.