Author Topic: Section For Spore Artpad and Drawings of Creature Creations  (Read 68835 times)

Offline thegreatloofa

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Back by unpopular demand
    • View Profile
Re: Section For Spore Artpad and Drawings of Creature Creations
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2006, 07:10:41 pm »
My first post and also my first drawing for years. Be nice!

The Flagipede
It is bipedal with two toes on each foot. It is about waist hight. Its mouth is lined with needle like teeth which can move to force its food down its throat. It has a ring of small eyes around its mouth. Except for its head it is covered in coarse hair with a mane behind it's head that has longer hair on. The two prehensile tentacles coming out of its head wrap around their counterparts from the back of the animal and give support for the whole body. they also help with balance when it is in motion (by moving the rear around). When it lets go the two tentacles at the front can be used to grab things, catch prey and manipulate its surroundings. The two rear tentacles trail of the ground for the most part and detect vibrations for prey and predators. The leg jewelery is a sign of status in the local community and is often changed as the fortunes of particular flagipede rise and fall.
I've had a similar idea to this for a while, although a lot of the detail was on either because my original idea was too ambitious or i just drew it and it looked good (or at least not too terrible! ;)). The original flagipede had a flatter body, three toes on each foot, had much shorter legs and was scaled with a leathery underbelly.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2006, 08:26:08 pm »
WOW! That's crazy! Very orginal!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #242 on: February 20, 2006, 03:38:40 pm »
That's cool, and I can't recollect ever seeing anything like it before. Good work!

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 28, 2006, 02:22:29 pm »
OK this isn't done yet, and it is also my first time ever using a 3d modeling program. After 4 hours in Maya, this is my start of the creature. I'll modify as i am develop more of it.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 02:26:53 pm by crippits »

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #244 on: March 05, 2006, 10:44:12 pm »
Wow that's kinda creepy!

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #245 on: March 06, 2006, 12:18:02 am »
Forbodings of a new sentient race that I am mulling over:

It is called a Thijal, and was domesticated by my race of people a long time ago. Its markings help it to blend in in the savanna where it lives. It has pustules that store water for the long dry season under its skin, and is good for both labour and eating.

EDIT: The mask of colour is for mating. During the mating season, this area balloons and turns varying shades.

-Understated elegance.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2006, 01:33:55 am »
Ok so I'm not really sure what to call them, I am thinking that their specific scientific name will be Hexclathorin but I can't think of any good specfic names.

Here we see the Hexclathorin male face off with a potential threat as his mate retreats into the mountains with the newborn.

The pair have been running for days without much end, sleeping some during the day and running to try and keep ahead of their predator. The male in this picture is older, as his hair folics are much thicker and as he has more folded skin, approximately eighty-seven years which is around fifty in human terms. Note how he tries to make an aggresive stance.

I think this might be the guy for the game, I'm really happy with how he turned out hehe 

(P.S. I moved this here because I didn't like polluting the forum with my frivolous topics lol)
Will Wright, the original.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2006, 01:36:56 am »

It is called a Thijal, and was domesticated by my race of people a long time ago. Its markings help it to blend in in the savanna where it lives. It has pustules that store water for the long dry season under its skin, and is good for both labour and eating.

EDIT: The mask of colour is for mating. During the mating season, this area balloons and turns varying shades.

LOL I like the way that guy looks, does he have graspers or manipulators of some kindá ???

EDIT: Oh domesticated.. completely ignore me
Will Wright, the original.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2006, 07:25:38 am »
Ok so I'm not really sure what to call them, I am thinking that their specific scientific name will be Hexclathorin but I can't think of any good specfic names.

Here we see the Hexclathorin male face off with a potential threat as his mate retreats into the mountains with the newborn.

The pair have been running for days without much end, sleeping some during the day and running to try and keep ahead of their predator. The male in this picture is older, as his hair folics are much thicker and as he has more folded skin, approximately eighty-seven years which is around fifty in human terms. Note how he tries to make an aggresive stance.

I think this might be the guy for the game, I'm really happy with how he turned out hehe

(P.S. I moved this here because I didn't like polluting the forum with my frivolous topics lol)

there are a lot of creatures with one eye...i like this creature and good job mate :)
i'll post some of my creatures soon
Under construction

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2006, 10:59:40 pm »

I was going to have it so that the sentient versions of the creatures had graspers on what are the feet, because they have toes under the hard plate of bone at the front of the foot that help with stability. But I decided that I will add graspers to the setient creature separate frm the legs. there are some arms on that creature, but they are completely vestigial.
LOL I like the way that guy looks, does he have graspers or manipulators of some kindá ???

EDIT: Oh domesticated.. completely ignore me

-Understated elegance.

Offline WaRrIz

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2006, 10:19:10 am »
http://artpad.art.com/?iw4q501euxqg

well there's my first creature made on artpad, and my first real drawing on artpad in a long time...

Name: hmm Undecided (it will probably be a spanish translation for an english word)
Planet: isla sagrada (sacred island in spanish)
Max Size: 10 feet long (6 feet long for females)
Weight: Unknown
Type: Carnivore
Food: Small Crabs, and other small fish.
Defense Mechanism: Speed
Offence Mechanism: Sharp Pincers at front of creature

that's all the info
more to come soon...

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2006, 02:18:20 pm »
i call this one a narcupine-apede...it's basically a porcupine with a narwhale horn and lots of little legs... ;D
http://artpad.art.com/?iw51tz1az6hg
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2006, 06:27:25 pm »
i call this one a narcupine-apede...it's basically a porcupine with a narwhale horn and lots of little legs... ;D

That is suprisingly fun to say out loud.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 14, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »

That is suprisingly fun to say out loud.

my sentiments exactly... :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light