Author Topic: Section For Spore Artpad and Drawings of Creature Creations  (Read 68816 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Section For Spore Artpad and Drawings of Creature Creations
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2005, 03:59:40 pm »
arent they a bit of a fire hazard? :D

Yep. They also fear lighting storms. *Thunder* *BOOM* *Cooked Vacsac*

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2005, 08:55:10 pm »

The Talonose Swingtail is arboreal creature who swings from tree to tree with its trunk nose and long tail. Both have a 4 digit hand with 2 fingers and 2 thumbs on each. It has no proper limbs like arms or legs. It has 2 eye and 2 sensitive ears. It also has rodent-like teeth. it eats nuts and fruits and occasionally insects. They are very social animals like monkeys. And will groom each other with their noses and tails.  They cannot really walk on the ground very well so are limited to hanging from trees.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2005, 10:39:53 pm »
God! How do you come up with such great ideas? They are all so cool!
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2005, 03:12:41 am »
God! How do you come up with such great ideas? They are all so cool!

I just try to think of creatures i have not made yet or have not see made by somone else. Though my "Talonose Swingtail" is sorrta like Oviraptor's "Potump", in that it uses its tail and nose as a limb. Except mine is used for swinging int he trees, instead of walking on the ground.

Oviraptor's "Potump"
http://www.imgcity.net/server/primary/Potump.jpg
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 03:14:19 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Flendon

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • Content Subject to Change with Online Play
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2005, 05:09:48 am »
As soon as I saw that I was immeadiately reminded of the Orz!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2005, 05:44:25 am »

The Webtailed Earwing is a strange flying creature. It uses it ears to fly. its body has become very small so it can fly. its front legs have owl-like talons in which it can swoop down and pick up prey. It also has a crocodile-like mouth full of sharp teeth in which it uses to get prey too. It preaches in trees and can hunt in both the forest and the water. It has large eyes so it can see prey from far away like a hawk can. Its back legs are almost gone and have no purpose. Its tail is separate into a webbing and acts like the tail eathers of birds. When perched it puts its ears hanging off its back.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2005, 09:15:51 am »
Nice as always. :)

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2005, 09:58:04 am »
It preaches in trees

Hehehehe.

I know what you meant.  But this was quite a funny image. I don't know how much control you would actually get over the creatures's behavior when not controlled by you, but now I imagine playing Spore and coming across a creature that mostly sits in a tree and shouts at passing animals.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2005, 03:38:31 pm »
It preaches in trees

Hehehehe.

I know what you meant.  But this was quite a funny image. I don't know how much control you would actually get over the creatures's behavior when not controlled by you, but now I imagine playing Spore and coming across a creature that mostly sits in a tree and shouts at passing animals.

LOL Oops! I did not mean that. But it would be funny. "All praise Will Wright!"

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2005, 09:17:21 pm »

Here is my Hotheaded Iceslider. it lives in the deep polar ice by melting the ice with its very hot head crest. It has a high metabolism to create such heat. It will feel the vibrations of the creatures above and melt the ice so they fall into the hole and eat them. The fatter the prey the better because it need that energy to melt more holes. It walks around by sliding on its fat belly like a penguin. And only has 2 back limbs to push im forward. The head crest can be used like a heated axe to both met the ice, fight for mates or even burn prey before it bits into it with its shark-like teeth.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2005, 02:59:07 am »

Here is my Bubbletoed Malloon. It floats on 4 foot sacs in which it can inflate to float on the top of the water. it has a flat paddle/rudder tail in which it moves back and forth to propell its self on the water surface. its head has 3 eyes (one on either side and one on the top. It also has a long crane-like neck and a beak full of crocodile-like teeth in which it uses to catch fish-like marine animals. It can walk on land to nest by deflating its foot sacs, but spends most of its life on the water's surface hunting, sleeping, mating and playing. It also on rare occasions will swim in the water if it has to. it will streamline its leas back and uses its tail to swim through the water and stick it head above the surface. It will only do this if its injured the foot sacs or diving deep into the water to escape air predators.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 03:03:08 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2005, 05:16:59 am »
Hydromancerx you rock at drawing (round of applause) ;D I wish i had a scanner i have some cool ideas, but they're nothing compared to Hydros. I like the talonose swingtail thats just cool looking.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2005, 07:05:14 pm »

This is an older picture from last year i made and found again today. It's called a "Rajiraji". No info on it since i forget now.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 07:08:02 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2005, 07:12:51 pm »
cool. :)

Looks like something that could easily be made in spore.

From the way its built, it looks like its built for running. But since theres no info on it, anything anybody says could be correct.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2005, 08:29:46 pm »

Here is my Kurare. It is a pack hunting carnivore that live in the thick jungles. They stalk their prey and ambush it to another member of the pack. This deadly nd intelligent creature is about the size of a wolf. They have 6 legs but the front 2 act like small hands in which they an manipulate things. They are very intelligent and have been known to use primitive stone tools. The mid and back legs have retractable claws like Earth's big cats. On the back feet it has raptor like scythe toes in which it uses to puncture the jugular veins on prey. Their head has 4 eye. But only 2 are the major eyes the small ones only detect heat. The mouth is full of razor sharp teeth and 2 poisonous fangs like a snake. Its poison is just like the poison of the "Curare" plant of Earth. "Curare is an example of "a non-depolarizing muscle relaxant which blocks the acetylcholine receptors on the post synaptic membrane of the neuromuscular junction."