Author Topic: Section For Spore Artpad and Drawings of Creature Creations  (Read 68831 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Section For Spore Artpad and Drawings of Creature Creations
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2005, 02:13:27 pm »
I thought the Eohippus Gruatherium would be somewhat smaller than a human, while its about human sized in the pic (which would be about the size of an average horse), unless its not as far back in the Gruatherium's evolution as I thought it is.

As far as the woolly guy and the predator, if that Arborsaurus can stand comfortably on two of its legs, I'm sure it can use one of its powerful looking front limbs as a weapon against the woolly gruatherium as those feet could be used as clubs to stun or knock down the animal and keep it distracted for a split second (often enough time for any predator) to lunge in. Using this method would keep the sensitive parts away from the claws as the gruatherium is likely to target the foot as the predator tries to club it.

Yeah the smaller one is actually pretty big. It has been a grassier and low shrub eater for quite some time. But due to its trunk moth eatting it was not too efficient. Thus better and more efficient grassers pushed him out untothe woolly version. The woollies eat from the trees and have to stand on their back legs and stretch up to get the leaves. This leaves them venerable to the sawtooth. He stand still like a crocodile, minics a tree and moves slowly in the wind. Then when one get too close it bites it in the back and then eats it. However with the huge claws on the woolly the sawtooth would not even try to get it from the front in fear that its legs would get injured. And a sawtooth that can't stand is a starving sawtooth.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2005, 02:57:26 pm »

The Quilled Slurp in an insectivore who eat social insect colonies. Like the monarch and other poisonous creature he displays black and orange to show he is poisonous. Like the the coral snake its tongue has stripes of black yellow and red. Wen in danger it flicks out its tongue waving it as a warning. This quills have deadly neurotoxins similar to a cobra's. He gets this from eating the insect which harvest poisonous plants and eat them. No other creature can eat these insects except the slurp. Not many predators bother them in fear of accidentally getting poked by the very deadly spikes.

He digs into the colony using is short back limbs and walks along on his long front ones. He has poor vision and no external ears. But by placing his snout on the mount he can feel the vibrations of the insects and know where is the best place to dig. His mouth has created a long tube like an anteater and cannot eat anything else.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2005, 12:19:27 am »

it has a head frill like a triceratops but it works like the ear of a bat. On its snout is also has a place in which sound can bounce back. It has no eye so it has to "see" its prey in the pitch black caves with sound. It has 2 huge nostrils on its face to also sniff down prey in the dark. It uses the 3 legs to climb around on the stalactites and stalagmites. And used the 2 other arms that hand down from the middle to snatch up the prey into its fangs. In which it pumps digestive fluids into it and sucks it out like a spider. It also has 2 claw-like mandibles to hold the creature in place. These have razor sharp spikes in which it pokes deep within the prey while it sucks it dry. The feet on the 3 legs can hold on to the sides of the walls alike a gecko so it can even hit upsidedown on the cave roof.

Offline Moleman

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2005, 09:19:37 am »
I did this in artpad. I think it turned out alright.
http://artpad.art.com/?iqzgxx1gyv58
I've been tentatively calling it a flaedul.
It flagellates. You know, with its flagella.
It has two of them.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2005, 08:31:32 pm »

The Gallopelope is a 3 legged herbivore much like Earth's gazelles. It has 3 eye on its head. One on each side and one on top that faces forward. It has horns comming out of the back of its jaw like a triceratops and even have a beak and teeth like one. Its legs are strong and made for running like an ostrich. But unlike an ostrich it has 3 toes. These creature grazers mostly on grasses and out run predators at extreme speeds.

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2005, 08:42:17 pm »
And have a kickass name to boot!
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2005, 06:55:22 am »
Galapelope... Funnunny name

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2005, 05:27:49 pm »
wow nice drawings ;D I wish i had a scanner because i have some good pictures too.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2005, 01:49:56 am »

Here is my Scarlet Monkaw.

A cookie to anyone who can tell me where i got this creatue from. Hint: It is am older cartoon. An extra cookie if you can get a picture of him too.

Note: its not exact since i was trying to make my own version but it is close enough to tell where i got the idea from.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 01:54:50 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2005, 06:03:22 am »
A cookie to anyone who can tell me where i got this creatue from. Hint: It is am older cartoon. An extra cookie if you can get a picture of him too.

Niddler the monkey-bird from "Pirates of Dark Water"

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2005, 07:16:35 am »
Yea I was kind of thinking that too :) the monkeybird from the cartoon Jaleho mentioned.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2005, 01:51:42 pm »

Niddler the monkey-bird from "Pirates of Dark Water"

You are correct! You get a cookie plus a bonus cookie! :D

That was a cool show back in the day i thought. I wonder if there will be weird planets like that in Spore.

*imagines a Dark Water-like planet full of pirate aliens and weirdo creatures*

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2005, 01:54:55 pm »
I vaguely remember that.

"Arr, treasure!"
"Wait, don't kill me!"
"Too bad!"
"****, that water's different! OH GOD THE PAIN"
"He didn't kill me! Hooray!"
I would say something more interesting, but I am trying to eat a grapefruit the size of a baby's head*.

*Samog does not eat, has never eaten, and does not plan to eat baby heads.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2005, 02:06:57 pm »
Samog does not eat, has never eaten, and does not plan to eat

HE'S A WITCH!! BURN HIM!!  BURN HIM!!!!!
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2005, 02:10:54 pm »
Samog does not eat, has never eaten, and does not plan to eat

HE'S A WITCH!! BURN HIM!!  BURN HIM!!!!!

Where the heck was that quote from?