Author Topic: dwarven fortress succesion game 3.0  (Read 40528 times)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
dwarven fortress succesion game 3.0
« on: November 05, 2008, 11:57:39 am »
alright lets do this again
we now know what to do and who not to allow

anyone can join and its first come first serve unless if you want to skip your turn in line

if you know you cant finish a year don't join and if you have a busy week than say so

list of players:
Celdur
Plank of wood
Mr.Wizard and his awesomeness
Krakow Sam*
shadowgandor
glacies
yossitaru

thats all for now and here is the 1st year:
---------------------------------------------

we have set out on a journey for wealth, glory and fame
after months of travel we found a good piece of rock with gems sticking out the side
this will be our home for the coming years

we also found a magma vent nearby...it could be usefull but its infested with imp scum

after some searching we have found a nice place to set up, and so we did

everything goes smoothly and i make sure it all looks as glorious as it should be

before spring has even passed by we already set up everything we need including a farm
there is no water in the area so we need to rely on booze to quench our thirst, not that that is a problem

the miners have dug out the area to be more suited to our style and the mason has build a basic wall to defend our glory
it seems that it is needed since we have had allot of kobold ambushes

and as fortold we strike gold! the stockpiles fill with riches

traders visit us for goods and it is a good opportunity to sell my crafts
now if only someone would complete the damn gates

the gates are still not done...but at least we are training war dogs now

within just a year we have created a steady outpost with everything it needs to maintain itself
and the riches...the vast vast riches

this can only get better
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:22:36 pm by Celdur »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: dwarven fortress succesion game 3.0
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 12:37:19 pm »
Which version is this?

Also, I'm looking at a well in that aquifier.

If we mine under that magma vent, we can get some magma forges working, so we can smith all that gold into wonderful Gold bars. Prepare an amoury of bedoom supplies with that excess stone, with that much gold we can expect the first immagrant wave to be hard and fast. And why is that refuse pile so small and not covered up?!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:41:28 pm by Plank of Wood »
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 12:59:53 pm »
im not sure if there is an aquifer...didnt say that anywhere
and its year 1 damnit...im not gonna bother with that stuff

also its the last version of may green..wichever that one is
you can run the save with any of the later versions so it doesnt really matter

you in plank?

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »
How hard is it to dig out a chamber in the clay, put your refuse there, make a door and call it a day?

Hell yes I'm in.

IS THAT A CAT?! BURN IT.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 01:04:47 pm »
refuse causes miasma inside >.> outside it fresh and not stinky

and im uploading the save file now...expect a pm

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 01:06:26 pm »
Is that the end of Year one? Woah, that was quick.

I'll get on it once I've finished my science, expect the first season or so either today or tommorow.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 01:53:11 pm »

Offline DarkPlasma

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 02:59:15 am »
Sign me up too!

I was going to suggest a different method of doing this, something like where we have it for one real-time week, so that it's easier to stop people from taking ages on their go because they'll "get around to it later", and also because one year is quite a lot to have.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 03:07:22 am »
we dont want to push people to play...and someone who would play all week could play over 4 years wich would be lame

ive made the area smaller than the standart to make it more lag resistant...and i did the first year in about 3 hours so 1 year really isnt that long

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 05:43:31 am »
I would like to sign up but first a few things about me:

- I can only play +/- an hour a day, 5 hours on saturday.
- I suck, I've got the basics, like digging and making rooms and stuff but I personally think it's very hard to 1: Craft and 2: get everyone to work.The hardest thing I made was an underground river-->Lake-->River which made food easy to come by, even in winter.
- I suck at writing stories. I should make notes on certain events.

By the way, how does everyone make screenshots?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:12 am »
well...failure is what makes the game fun...its the games motto

and the next player has something to do by cleaning up the mess you left  ;)

to take screens just press printscreen and paste it to paint...then cut out what you want

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 07:37:55 am »
**** me and the horse I ride on.

Expect the Update very late from me today.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »
9th Moonstone 198

Some Baroness showed up to our Town of Plesentrock. That's right, just what we need, some more snooty nobles to ask us for more Microlone trampettes or whatever. By Law I'm binded to this settlement until I work off my Depts to the Captian of the Guarrd. How in the name of hell am I going to make 20 steel swords in three months?!

27th Moonstone 198

WHAT! I show up to the Guard's office, And the Baroness has put him under arrest?!. I'm getting sick of her and her damn mandates. I've asked the Shipment guys whether I can join the next Caravan. Seeing as a near suicidal job to rediculously dangerous places isn't the most popular job around Pleasantrock, the traders'll be glad to accept me in their convoy. Hell, that snooty mandate machine wont really care either.

7th Limestone 200

My boss wants me to take an Administrative role in a future outpost. It's near an active volcano, First glance shows the main and only Rock seems to be Diorite, and a few bits of Microline. Local Residents seem to be fire imps and Kolbolds, and the water supply looks to be muddy lakes or deep in the mountain.

I'll give it a miss.

Timber 27th 200

That outpost I was asked to run, and turned down has hit gold. That's right, gold. I asked the Boss whether there was still a slot open. He said that they were taken, but a temporary administrator role could be filled by me next year.

Rock on.

1st Granite 201

What.

The way it was pitched to me, this was a well guarded gold deposit, with gold bars being so common that they are used as coasters for our beer. Instead, I find a small dug out area in the side of a cave with a single wall which can be bypassed simply by climbing the hill around it. The Mason woke up and showed me around the Outpost, pointing me to the vein which was completely stripped of gold ore. Yeah, there was ore, but it wasn't smelted. Indeed, the person who was supposed to burn the wood was having a nap. I asked the mason why their defences were so small for such an important deposit, but he simply shrugged and pointed me to the food supply, which consisted of plump helmet, booze and seeds of plump helmet. I ordered for a second wall to be build, but the mason was "on break". Annoyed, I ordered a fisherman (why, in the name of the gods, do we have a fisherman on a volcanic mountain?!) to replace him, the boy frowned, looked at the stone, he asked me whether he could just resume his regular duties. I was forced to demonstrate that there were no fish in the lakes by half drowning him in the muddy pools to see whether there were any carp to bite his face off.

15th Slate 201

Construction on the Wall is half completed. Apprently, the mason finnaly woke up and started building the damn wall like he's supposed to. Also, I recieved a letter stating that Elven traders had come to trade. I was so supprised that I forgot to care in any way. Seriously, elves? I'm starting to regret comming here...

I've tried to get the miners to dig deeper for more gold, but all we found was a stone which, despite being nearly the same colour, is worth very little. I'm having more gates built out of it though, and we do have a lot of it.

28th Felsite 201

My First season has gone without any ill event, unless you count the fact that no-one had the heart to break it to the elves that our only crafts were bone crafts. I'm hoping our Summer convoy have goods that I would actualy consider trading for. Oh yeah, and migrants have arrived.

A hunter was among them, he also arrived with what seemed to be a fresh horse kill. The soap maker who was wandering around asking for tallow was told to build a butchers shop and make us some horse steaks. He argued, but I reminded him that other Outposts would just tell him to become a hauler for the rest of his life. He seemed much more enthusiasic when we told him he'd be cleaning dead bodies. I think he was anyway.

Spring Ended with More Variety in food than those damned mushrooms and also some fuel. Finnaly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 01:37:24 pm by Plank of Wood »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008, 01:38:46 pm »
Wing it my way plank! :)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 01:39:42 pm »
Note: Spring.

I haven't even done Summer yet ;)