Author Topic: The Perrachi  (Read 63143 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The Perrachi
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2011, 10:33:27 am »
Widespread censorship? Media blackouts? Where are you getting this stuff from? The worst I've alluded too is destroying worlds that are usurped by the Garan Separatists (Who, considering what they'd do to the remaining populace, is probably the most merciful thing to do >.>)

Wait, so... why has no one heard of this as of yet outside of the Photos people?  ???

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2011, 10:44:52 am »
Because they keep it a secret, for the most part. Most people would object to blowing up a planet, even if the people invading it are cruel and sadistic.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2011, 05:08:52 pm »
Widespread censorship? Media blackouts? Where are you getting this stuff from? The worst I've alluded too is destroying worlds that are usurped by the Garan Separatists (Who, considering what they'd do to the remaining populace, is probably the most merciful thing to do >.>)
Because they keep it a secret, for the most part. Most people would object to blowing up a planet, even if the people invading it are cruel and sadistic.
Who knows, maybe the Garans have legitimate grievances instead of being cardboard cut-out EVIL BAD GUYS. And how come I can barely find any info on species within the empire other than Photos and Ul'naja but plenty of military info? And why hasn't the government told anybody about the secret Phitire fleet, nor disclosed the details of most of their artifacts? It just all adds up to me. I imagine their special forces going around like the Israelis, disregarding international law just to kill a guy or retrieve an item. I mean, not letting archaeologists publish any findings on ancient alien weapons is one thing, but using them to destroy a planet! It just fits together. Besides, I think their government needs some real defining character.
The PSID's maximum diameter is only about 100 light years. The RG is 9,000 across, and our Milky Way is 100,000. It's big, but not that big.

Actually, I was more pointing out the fact that they pretty much ate up everything that was once PSR.

How did they manage to do that, anyway?

It boggles the mind.   ???

Or is it that that's just how much of the military/industry sided with them?

Oh, and is the RG really that small? My memory's a little fuzzy on that matter, care to remind me where that was said?   :-\

Wandering planets are said to be twice as numerous as stars in real life by some estimates, so... That's kinda cool. Secret pirate planets.

Oh you!  :D

Wandering planets are "cool" because they don't get heat from a parent star and are not likely to produce enough internal heat to prevent themselves from freezing over. Well, at least it holds true for most of the terrestrial ones.

Also, I just realized. Ice planet = Ice Pirate = Space Vikings?

Well, the scientists and military were pretty powerful, and that's the only option everybody could agree on in the peace talks. I believe I mentioned a diameter of 9,000 ly in the Photos thread. Besides, some galaxies are so small they've only got 10 million stars, while the RG has around 3 billion!

I guess you didn't read the new Riether topic or the Wikipedia page on wandering planets. It turns out that some wandering planets could actually generate their own heat without a star, even terrestrial ones. Barring that, gas giants are sure to have moons, and who says we can't have gas giant life? In fact, we need more of that. And space vikings too, why not.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »
And space vikings too, why not.

Your not being...sarcastic are you?
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »
And space vikings too, why not.

You're not being...sarcastic are you?
<_<    >_>
Mostly.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2011, 07:33:08 pm »
Well, the scientists and military were pretty powerful, and that's the only option everybody could agree on in the peace talks.

So, the others are basically enclaves for people with specific ideologies while the PSID is more or less the political face of their civilization?  ???

Well, the scientists and military were pretty powerful, and that's the only option everybody could agree on in the peace talks. I believe I mentioned a diameter of 9,000 ly in the Photos thread. Besides, some galaxies are so small they've only got 10 million stars, while the RG has around 3 billion!

How did we come to that conclusion, I mean.

Was it something about the maps Gec made?   ???

I guess you didn't read the new Riether topic or the Wikipedia page on wandering planets. It turns out that some wandering planets could actually generate their own heat without a star, even terrestrial ones.

I have read both of them.

Which is why at the end I said: "Well, at least it holds true for most [read: not all] of the terrestrial ones."

Barring that, gas giants are sure to have moons, and who says we can't have gas giant life?

I wasn't saying anything about the possibility of Jovian life.

I was just making a pun about how rogue terrestrial planets are possibly cold.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »
Ah, I see.

The size of the galaxy was a logical conclusion I arrived at after careful consideration.

The PSID merely regulates interstellar industry and research. The political face is the Perrachi Alliance. Enclaves of specific ideologies is stretching it a bit, but that's sort of the gist.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
Re: COMMENT DAMNIT
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2011, 10:14:42 pm »
POST.
A.
COMMENT.

*snip*
There was a rant here...it's gone now.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 07:01:59 am by omegatripod »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:16 pm »
Gee, thanks man! That was awfully nice of you.

Gec is no longer with us, I hate to say. Disputes with PatMan led to his resignation and deletion of his account. I think he made a new one, but I can't be sure.
I'm not wearing any pants!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:52 am »
This subsection is dead. It's a small band of us doing this for the sake of doing it at this point. The people who come into this section are pretty much me, Yuu, Kitkat, Crazen, UFOking, and you.
The creativity ain't gonna get rewarded any time soon. The crash of Spore kinda put this section in post-apocalyptic times.  :-\

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #280 on: November 01, 2011, 07:02:51 am »
This subsection is dead. It's a small band of us doing this for the sake of doing it at this point. The people who come into this section are pretty much me, Yuu, Kitkat, Crazen, UFOking, and you.
The creativity ain't gonna get rewarded any time soon. The crash of Spore kinda put this section in post-apocalyptic times.  :-\
Then I suppose we really need to band together, huh?

ANYWAY, please continue.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 01, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »
Or, you know, MAKE A NEW WEBSITE FOR IT FGS. I mean seriously! When I suggested the idea, a bunch of people came to look and see what was going on! And when everyone said "nah, let's just keep doing this same thing" everyone went back into hibernation. Seriously!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)