Author Topic: The Perrachi  (Read 62134 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [RG] The Perrachi
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2009, 11:36:33 pm »
North Terolk

Here we have a citizen of North Terolk. As he flies throughout an industrial city, he is reflecting upon the sad fact of the civil war. Cities like this are somewhat rare in the country, and most of the population lives in them. The changes of the war are clearly evident as the new fascist flag flies everywhere and the building he flies in front of is decorated with a banner displaying the black cross and circle. Police swoop throughout the city, searching for anyone who dares to openly oppose the totalitarian fascist rule. This perrachi knows that he has family in the South, but the government has been feeding everyone a steady diet of propaganda. It presents fascism as the utopian solution to all the world's problems and glorifies the Khada'if, or dictator, as a messiah of greatness, power, and adoration. "Hail Zagono, Khadaif of all Terolk!" His frenzied followers shout.

What now, I wonder? Here as I look upon these streets, the fanatical cries of the mindless ones resonate within my mind. Lo, I am but an insignificant victim of this omnipresent rule! Where does the will of Zagono know to stop? Or is the so-called Khadaif but a pawn of the Cykis half a world away? Yet the only real question in this enormous storm of confusion is when the people decide to speak up and rebel against these juggernauts of destruction, battling and crushing everything in their path. But what can I do to help such a cause in the world I live in as of yet? As a playwright, my creations are arrested by the fascist laws slaying freedom of speech. Alas, I can only but look upon the horrors of this dark demon, its cross and circle piercing the beautiful heart of creation! Do thy evil flames seek to ignite the whole of civilization and make it crumble into ashes from within? I now am but only able to wish for a united Terolk now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:42:12 am by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 20, 2009, 12:19:46 am »
I am pretty damned impressed by your picture and even more by the text underneath it. I applaud you sir.

Edit:
Immature moment: Hee hee... 6699. lol.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #152 on: December 20, 2009, 01:28:18 am »
Indeed.

I myself could not possibly fathom how I could keep myself from going insane in such an extreme dictatorship.

I'll probably either go insane or very, very depressed. Or both. Or amass as much power as possible then wear a mask and spread anarchy throughout the country.

In all seriousness, though, that last paragraph has quite a ton of depressing truth.

I took a pic of it a moment ago. Wanna keep it? :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 20, 2009, 10:32:22 am »
I am pretty damned impressed by your picture and even more by the text underneath it. I applaud you sir.
Why, thank you, good sir.
Edit:
...What? What is that supposed to mean?

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2009, 10:46:29 am »
Yes Yuu I would like to keep it.

...What? What is that supposed to mean?
6699 was my number of posts, which is just a double 69. 69 is used as a name for a sexual position. Ergo I was being immature for laughing and typing it in my post.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:29 am »
Good job. The banner and the flag and the Perrachi are all pretty good-looking. I like the description especially.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2009, 12:11:52 pm »
Flag Gallery

Chervan Empire

The sphere in the middle represents Perrawiih, and the national motto is written in the center: Perra tes Corchina, or "the world belongs to us." The yellow bars are part of the coat of arms of the Izakipar royal family(which the flag basically is) and the branches are obviously not olive branches, but branches of a plant that legend says was poisonous to everyone but the Chervans and was thus made the national plant and a symbol of Chervan supremacy. In actuality, the poisons in the plant were simply counteracted by the old Chervans' diet of a widespread tree that nobody eats anymore due to its disgusting taste.

Republic of North Terolk

The new fascist dictatorship adopted the symbols of fascism for their flag. Black is the color of fascism(as seen with the Italian fascists) and the cross-and-circle also represents the might of fascism, but as a wheel crushing everything in its path and spinning to keep their civilization in order. Many complained that the black flag absorbed the harsh sunlight of the Crimson Desert, but the authoritarian government quickly silenced their criticisms with death, setting an example for anyone daring to oppose their rule.

Democratic Republic of South Terolk

The flag of Terolk and later simply South Terolk adopted pan-Terolk colors for the flag; red, black, and blue. Red represents of the homeland of the Terolk peoples, the Crimson Desert. Black symbolizes strength, and blue represents the bloodshed of warriors who fought for freedom as well as the blood of the Terolks. The blue star represents the unity of the nation.

Fethant Federation

The red field stands for courage and patriotism, the white field stands for peace and unity, and the blue field stands for democracy. The yellow circles represent a constellation of three stars known as the Fethant Stars, or simply the Three Stars. It is said that when the Fethants rebelled against their divided monarchies and demanded unity and democracy, the Three Stars shone brighter than Nupis. It was later discovered that the Fethant Stars are actually planetary systems part of the United Goonalian Provinces and long colonized by goonals. Many Phaethonteans today make visits to the Three Stars and some even live there.

Galif Republic

The white star in the center is the Star of the Republic, representing the seven territories that formed the Galif Republic. The blue field stands for democracy, and the black, white, and red stripes are pan-Galif colors representing wealth(moral and/or economic), peace, and unity, respectively. Many comedic perrachi regarded the blue and white in the flag as a joke during the World War, and made new versions with the "Star of the Client State" in the middle of black and red bands.

Cyki Domain of Karthat

The blue Y shape is a symbol of Cykism, representing both the All-Seeing Eye of Cyk and the spilled blood of both martyrs and "infidels." The black surrounding it stands for fascism and other, more demonic forms of it, and the government claimed that it also stood for strength. Following the World War and the slaughter of millions of those deemed impure by the Khadaif and his priests known as the Unspeakable Acts, the flag, the symbols of Cykism, the Cyki religion and even denying the existence of the Unspeakable Acts altogether were banned from every corner of Perrawiih. They are classified as hate crimes even today.

Avik Empire

This simple yet meaningful tricolor flag's colors are purple, white, and red, meaning the elected monarchy, unity, and strength. It is noticeable that the royal seal is missing, the government haven taken democratic reforms in the past decades.

Eleisian Union

The white stands for peace, unity, and freedom, and the green represents the lush and beautiful land of Eleis. Specifically, the white band symbolizes the path of the Eleisian people while the white circle symbolizes peace and unity.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:43:56 am by UFO King »

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2009, 12:14:09 pm »
Cyki's flag looks like... can't remember.. Bermuda's flag?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2009, 12:16:32 pm »
I believe you mean South Africa. Unfortunately, "unity in diversity" is the farthest thing from Cyki policies.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2009, 12:18:35 pm »
North Teroclida's flag looks somewhat like... An older German flag, that's it.

How's you make these flags? What program did you use?
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2009, 12:23:28 pm »
North Teroclida's flag looks somewhat like... An older German flag, that's it.

How's you make these flags? What program did you use?
I took real-life flags and modified them, adding new colors and designs. The Corvon flag is probably the most customized. For the North Teroclidan flag, I actually took the Nazi war flag, removed the swastika in the center, added a black cross in its place and changed the red to black. The program is Paint.Net, a rather basic paint program.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2009, 08:48:42 pm »
Wow.

I really don't know what to say... O_O

Wait... Is Corvon's flag a modified version of Cyprus' by any chance?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2009, 09:18:59 pm »
Dammit, I was hoping nobody would notice. Branches with leaves are hard to draw on a computer, okay? Everybody would recognize the UN flag, and I figured most people here wouldn't know about those tiny countries.

Although since I have this opportunity, I'll explain the flag. The sphere in the middle represents Perrawiih, and the national motto is written in the center: Perra tes Corchina, or "the world belongs to us." The yellow bars are part of the coat of arms of the Uzokibar royal family(which the flag basically is) and the branches are obviously not olive branches, but branches of a plant that legend says was poisonous to everyone but the Corvons and was thus made the national plant and a symbol of Corvon supremacy. In actuality, the poisons in the plant were simply counteracted by the old Corvons' diet of a widespread tree that nobody eats anymore due to its disgusting taste.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2009, 10:35:08 pm »
Dammit, I was hoping nobody would notice.

My one time reading up on Cyprus' geopolitical situation wasn't such a waste after all! ;D

Anyways, great backstory, by the way! :) Especially the part about their ancestor's diet.

Any chance you'll post the story behind the others as well? :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2009, 04:59:42 pm »
Okay, the information on the flags has been posted. To see it all just scroll up. (Or down, depending on the settings you have on the forum.)