Author Topic: The Perrachi  (Read 63318 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Re: [RG] The Perrachi
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2009, 05:59:52 am »
Oh my god Parrot Stalin!
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline solpimr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2009, 06:03:55 am »
I don't think he is actually evil.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2009, 08:56:32 pm »
3489: The Eve of the War

(Right-click this image and select "View Image" to zoom in)

Here is planet Perrawiih in the fateful year of 3489. In that year the World War would begin, starting with the secret alliance of the Cyki Domain of Karthat, the Chervan Empire, the Galif Republic and North Terolk forming the Northern Powers. In retaliation, the Avik Empire, the Fethant Federation, and South Terolk would ally to form the Southern Allies. The Eleisian Union would later join them.

On Ancara, the borders are clearly drawn. Terolk has split into the fascist North Terolk and the democratic South Terolk, respectively aided by the Chervan Empire and the Fethant Federation. While the Chervans and Fethants did not fight, rivalries and opposing ideologies fanned the flames of warfare. In Terolk the troops were locked in a bloody stalemate, though North Terolk was defying international law by using cluster bombing and poison gas against the Southerners, acts which earned condemnation from the Fethants, Aviks, Eleisians and even the Galifs.

On Avorin the Avik Empire was the dominant superpower, though the border with the Cyki Domain had been militarized, as well as the Galif border. Nakht Kruvu was constantly giving speeches to his fanatical frenzy of followers about how Karthats were "racially superior" to Eleisians, who had been banned from any rights of citizenship and sent to prison camps. In Galif the President's advisers were all Cykis, and the so-called Republic was now holding staged elections and had become a Cyki puppet state. An attempted diplomatic meeting between the Avik Emperor Tuolfs and Kruvu erupted into a firefight, and there was little doubt that a war was coming. Tuolfs eagerly accepted Eleisian refugees and publicly condemned "the Cyki cult, Kruvu, and everything they stand for, which is opposite to our beliefs of freedom and democracy."

On Awuno little was going on, though in the western Avik territories many native Eleisians were calling for independence to join the Eleisian Union. Tuolfs had been unable to reach an agreement with them and was focusing now on the dangerous Northern Powers, which would later cause the entire world to erupt into the deadliest conflict it had ever known.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:38:51 am by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2009, 05:22:34 pm »
Wow. Just wow.

I love how you update the Perrachi. You manage to do it very holistically, something I've been trying to do for quite some time.

Three thumbs up. Keep up the dedication, bro.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »
Very, very, very, VERY good. I applaud your hard work and efforts. This history is shaping up to be extremely detailed. Now, maybe if you posted some pics of scenes from history...

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2009, 05:43:13 pm »
Wow. Just wow.

I love how you update the Perrachi. You manage to do it very holistically, something I've been trying to do for quite some time.

Three thumbs up. Keep up the dedication, bro.

It is too bad that such dedication doesn't apply to all CC members, myself included.(known for abandonation)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2009, 05:50:17 pm »
Thank you for your appreciation! I'll be focusing on the lives of people of the eight nations now. Expect it soon.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2009, 06:34:36 pm »
Your ability to update so neatly astounds me. I wish that I could update like that, rather than the overall messification that I seem to inflict upon my threads.

EDIT: Say, is there, by any chance, a biography of Tuolfs? I'd like to see that...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:24:48 pm by Kitkat »
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2009, 08:24:34 pm »
South Terolk

Here is a citizen of South Terolk. He is dressed in traditional Terolk garb and is with his ever-faithful Field Runner. Terolks have been riding Field Runners for thousands of years, and most families have one. At sunset he has walked to the outskirts of the small town he lives in to contemplate the dire situation his country is in. He knows of his extended family living in the North, and wonders what has happened to them. No e-mails have arrived for months, and there is war at the border. He hopes that his family has not been forcibly enlisted into the armed forces, and has been hearing talk of a Southern draft as well.

Why have the lines been drawn across my country? I have only ever known a peaceful life, one of family and brotherhood. But why must the ideas of such a few come in control of so many? The President tells us we are fighting for freedom, but I must wonder if the act of war itself is slavery. A war among family is no war. It is a crime against all that is good.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 08:39:55 am by UFO King »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2009, 09:34:37 pm »
His companion looks pretty POed. :-X

Seriously, though, I agree with him. So many times have wars been fought using relatives on both sides. :-\

That reminds me of a documentary I once saw narrating the stories of Korean families being separated from each other because of the civil war between the North and South.

Well, that's politics, I guess. :-\

Sometimes we get good leaders. most of the times we don't... :(

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2009, 06:28:04 pm »

I sketched this quickly today. I wanted a Perrachi soldier circa the World War firing a gun. As you can see, I made up the gun as I went along. Actually, it looks pretty alien, so that's good.
Notice the symbol on his/her shoulder pad. I meant for it to be the Avican Empire flag, but I made a mistake, and so it's the Perrachi Empire flag. That's easily ignorable.
And UFO King can thank me for providing him with the design for a Perrachi soldier's combat wear and a machine gun.
(It's up to him to decide what the gun is firing, because I ran out of paper.)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 18, 2009, 01:07:54 am »
From the look on the guy's face, I guess the tide of battle isn't particularly favoring their side at that time.

Come to think of it, it kinda gave me chill when I realized that the guy looks like he's kinda "soulless" in a way. Sadly, a common side effect of war.

:'(

Nice artwork.

Oh, and by the way, is that gun gas-powered, by any chance?  :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 18, 2009, 01:07:19 pm »
Oh, and by the way, is that gun gas-powered, by any chance?  :)
It looks like a laser gun of some sort to me, and some lasers are gas-powered, like the Galante infrared carbon dioxide laser. If by gas you meant gasoline then no, because by that time carbon emissions have been largely banned from the planet. Although hydrogen is a likely fuel source.

Anyways, since I now have ridiculous amounts of spare time, be expecting some new pictures perhaps as soon as tonight.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2009, 03:58:53 pm »
He's not soulless, he's worried and determined. And I may want to redesign that machine gun.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 18, 2009, 06:14:29 pm »
Anyways, since I now have ridiculous amounts of spare time, be expecting some new pictures perhaps as soon as tonight.

W00t!

He's not soulless, he's worried and determined. And I may want to redesign that machine gun.

Thanks, Omega. That clears things up a lot. :)