Author Topic: Back in WoW  (Read 23053 times)

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
Re: Back in WoW
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 01:05:32 pm »
After two years, my account has come out of suspended animation in preparation for Wrath of the Lich King. Though I'm only level 32 (Stop laughing!), I plan to buy Wotlk. Anyway, If you're messing around on the Elune server, gimme a ring: Geohevy, the gnome warrior.

yeah? well im level 12! WHAT NOW?!

the reson being is I play on my borther's account and he is always on :P
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2008, 01:28:25 pm »
Ok, I know you probably didn't come here looking for a fight but I have to reply to this...

Since people seem to be following my anti WoW comments i wanted to come make a post here.

The reason i want WoW shut down is not because i hate it or i don't want any of you to be able to enjoy it. I'm happy you guys can enjoy it, But to me WoW lacks any kind of depth or tactics in my eyes its complete garbage, But that does not mean i believe everyone should share my view.

I have to disagree with you right here. If you go into an arena at level 80 without a plan you will lose. If you don't know how to play your class then you will not be able to do any raids or heroic dungeons at 80. As a mage I have about 30 spells that I have on my action bars, and at least 5 of those I use EVERY fight, and even more in a PVP situation. Is that enough depth for you? Or can you elaborate a bit?

The reason i want it gone is because of how it affects other MMOS. If an MMO does not die from low sales it dies other ways, Here's an example. I just got a new Game Informer, apparently Warhammer is having trouble while WoW broke its sales record.

The problem with Warhammer is ..its not exactly like WoW. Leveling is slow..it takes too long and that's the way its meant to be...but people are leaving because of it. Mythic has been patching it to make it faster THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. Warhammer is not about leveling as fast as possible like WoW. But its forced to be that way just to survive.

The problem is, most recent MMOs have just plain and simply sucked. Age of Conan, Vanguard, etc, were terrible compared to WoW. You say Warhammer has slower leveling, and people are leaving because of that. I think slow leveling wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't boring and un-fun. If a game was made where leveling was really fun the first time, second time, and the third time, then there would be no problem with it taking a while. I haven't played Warhammer online at all, but until you play it yourself to the max level and say you had fun the entire time, don't knock WoW for having a relatively easy and fun leveling experience.

Before WoW we had great MMOs like Everquest, Where leveling was slow and everybody loved it, It was the journey to the end that mattered not getting to the end game as fast as possible, And screw replayablity with wow its just have a higher level run your alts through to top level as fast as possible.

I'm looking forward to DarkFall but i feel its going to fall because its not like WoW.

My problem with WoW is not that WoW is WoW. Its that until WoW is gone every other MMO is going to ether be WoW or be forced to be like WoW to survive let alone thrive. its not that i don't think there shouldn't be any other MMOs that play like WoW, Its that all of them DO or will HAVE TO.

Until WoW dies me and thousands of other players will never see an MMO we can enjoy.

WoW has to much influence right now.

You say no other MMO can exist with WoW alive unless it is a WoW clone, I say that no other MMO can exist unless it doesn't plain and simple suck. There is a reason WoW is as popular as it is, regardless of its easiness. It's really good. There are plenty of other MMOs out there that are alive and well. There's Everquest 2, Lineage 2, EvE online, and even Warhammer. Are these not enough for you?

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2008, 02:01:54 pm »
We have had the depth fight before MD i tried to avoid another one by including the following in my post.
But to me WoW lacks any kind of depth or tactics in my eyes its complete garbage
As far as I'm concerned it is true but that's my opinion.

I never tried Age of Conan or Vanguard or for that matter Warhammer. However i do know that Warhammer is quite different from WoW.

I have played WoW obviously, Tabula rasa which didn't suck however its dwindling because its PVE based and not end game PVP or raid based like WoW, Lord of the rings online which copied WoW from the ground up, City of heroes which was awesome, Guild Wars, And Everquest 2 which is my favorite MMO.

I....no must resist.....GARGH..urge to strong.

WoW for having a relatively easy and fun leveling experience.
If you find not being able to be beat by any normal mob without being horribly under leveled fun fine. If you find camping 50 bears to get 5 kidneys fun then fine. If you find camping the same level mob over and over to get your next ding fun then fine its your opinion But please.. don't state it as if its a fact...

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
Random post, I absolutely love my flying mount.

I'm serious, after lvl 77, everything feels like leveling a lvl 1.

Ahh.. just swoop by those annoying mobs i had to navigate past not too long a go.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 03:04:45 pm »
You are taking things far out of porportion. You have yet to say any reason why you don't think WoW is tactical other than you've played it, and your trying to argue that WoW has a grind problem while leveling quickly and Warhammer doesn't while it takes longer to level.

Also, what the hell is wrong with your porportions? It might take 6 enemies to finish a quest, atleast half the time.

Okay, 10 >_>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:07:37 pm by Kratok »

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 05:23:18 pm »
You are taking things far out of porportion. You have yet to say any reason why you don't think WoW is tactical other than you've played it,

Because i was already involved in that debate a few months ago here and i laid out many reasons back then. I apologize if i don't feel like repeating the whole thing over. Its silly to debate the same thing every couple months and the purpose of my post was not to debate. More so to lay out the reasons as to why i dislike WoW as a whole instead of not just enjoying its gameplay.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 06:11:31 pm »
Then don't bother bringing it back up.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 06:14:12 pm »
One more reason...

You hate WoW. We get it. You don't need to remind us every chance you get.

Seriously.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 06:19:04 pm »
Then don't bother bringing it back up.

......Go back and read...

I didn't

No your right i should of just pretended i loved WoW in my post because that would of made complete and total sense  ::). All i said was

The reason i want WoW shut down is not because i hate it or i don't want any of you to be able to enjoy it. I'm happy you guys can enjoy it, But to me WoW lacks any kind of depth or tactics in my eyes its complete garbage, But that does not mean i believe everyone should share my view.

First off you ignored everything i bolded and choose to attack that piece and ignore the entore rest of the post that had nothing to do with the games depth.

One more reason...

You hate WoW. We get it. You don't need to remind us every chance you get.

Seriously.

It was that very comment you made that made me decide to make my post.
Since people seem to be following my anti WoW comments i wanted to come make a post here.

I wanted to make a point that i was not hating wow for the sake of hating it. Rather i have very legitimate reasons to dislike it outside of simply not enjoying its game play.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2008, 06:34:48 pm »
I have "legitimate" reasons for hating things too. Though most will see them as irrational and stemming from logic-less hate.

But seriously, no one cares. You're right, you have said your reasons for hating WoW.

I apologize if i don't feel like repeating the whole thing over. Its silly to debate the same thing every couple months and the purpose of my post was not to debate.

So, allow me to do the honor of telling you:

STOP POSTING

I'm not being mean. I'm just pushing you to do what you claim you want to do so badly. Not have to explain yourself. You don't have to hit REPLY everytime you see "WoW" in a thread.

and here we go, despite what I've said, a post of his will follow. I have very little doubt it will happen.

gec05

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:48 pm »
This actually got me into playing Guild Wars again.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2008, 09:18:17 pm »
A lot of good my anti-gank policy does when nobody else seems to feel the same way.
Why didn't they implement dishonor? I'd like to see reputation loss for dishonorable kills.

Retarded.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2008, 04:31:11 pm »
But... if you take out ganking you take out half the fun of the game once your a high level....

Ganking is awesome :D

Gah, i want to install WoW again and play ;_;
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008, 04:40:06 pm »
I just hit 80!

I am most pleased.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2008, 06:12:27 pm »
I convinced my brother to go engineering!

i look forward to dicking around on his character with a motorcycle

*dreams of getting friend in passanger seat and riding off cliff...*
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!