Author Topic: Back in WoW  (Read 23069 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
Back in WoW
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:29:17 pm »
After two years, my account has come out of suspended animation in preparation for Wrath of the Lich King. Though I'm only level 32 (Stop laughing!), I plan to buy Wotlk. Anyway, If you're messing around on the Elune server, gimme a ring: Geohevy, the gnome warrior.

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: Back in WoW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 08:38:07 pm »
Put of Wrath until you finish Burning Crusade content.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 09:49:06 pm »
Very true, not a whole lot of reason to spend money on Litch until you get to 70. With the lag issues of late, there is no rush.

-Lego

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 06:35:23 am »
Comes with that, you haven't reached a very high level before either.
No offense, but you might stop again after a few weeks of playing, I know I did when TBC came out and I wanted to continue with my lvl 32 gnome lock :P

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:56:46 am »
I heard they added like 700 achievements, new talents, talent trees for pets, and more.
My brother has been telling me all about it.

Sounds like a good time while you wait for your expansion.

And yeah, no laughing at your level here. I never made it past 36 before getting totally bored and quitting forever.  :-\
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 09:15:13 am »
hah!

i've managed to get to 63, as my friends have been pushing me into playing again to join them in wotlk.

i like wow, it's a fun life time waster.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 10:14:07 am »
Yeah, with WoW you really need some friends to play with. It's also the kind of game you either like or you don't, like all MMORPS.

Also, there's virtually no point to get WotLK before level 55, and even then just for Death Knights. All the other features are already in, and for free.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 09:20:08 pm »
Except... you know... the continent... the leveling past 70... blah blah.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 01:15:58 am »
before the levels between 30-40 was really slow and lame. But since they changed the experience gained from quests between 30-60 you can level up your character to 70 in less than a week if you know what to do. For a newbie you can probably get to 1-70 in about 4-5 weeks. Since you're 37 it will take less than that.

Like everyone has said here: Finish the TBC content before you move to Wotlk.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 02:53:29 am »
I remember when I played WoW ahh yes my level 60 human paladin.....I quit playing just before TBC came out since I was sick of high level guilds feeling more like applying for a job then an actual game. I still like the game it's just I am not a fan of endgame content which spoils alot of the pvp and other fun for casual gamers who cant get on for 8 hours of playing.

but yea I agree with pixxel on everything

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:48 am »
you should start again, before they nerf the paladin.

they are insane now, taking on group quests that are not supposed to be managed by people alone.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 11:51:22 am »
I remember when I played WoW ahh yes my level 60 human paladin.....I quit playing just before TBC came out since I was sick of high level guilds feeling more like applying for a job then an actual game. I still like the game it's just I am not a fan of endgame content which spoils alot of the pvp and other fun for casual gamers who cant get on for 8 hours of playing.

but yea I agree with pixxel on everything

In TBC endgame was made soo much better. The longest you'll ever raid in one day is 4 hours, and that's if you're doing several raids. In WotLK they're making it so that every raid has a 25 man and 10 man version. For PvP there's tons of way to get gear just by PvPing, etc. Most of the things you said have been fixed.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 12:21:25 pm »
4 more days and I'll reactivate my account. Gonna start farming cash for Wotlk. ^^
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 11:37:37 am »
Well only a few more days to the Lich King. I recomend that if u have lvl 70 raid dont go to instances unless ur around idk around 74 to 75. The gear transition is not like what BC was. Tier 6 gear would last you untill you get ur T7.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 08:18:46 am »
I played WoW the day it came out.  It held my attention with many diverse characters for a solid year, then I took a break, then I went back, then I took a longer break, then I went back.  This trend continued well after the Burning Crusade came out.  The last time I played was for three months, and that was over a year ago.

I have little desire to return, even considering I "met" many great people in the guilds I was in.  I'll agree, a game like that needs real world friends playing it too.
For me, the real world is far more entertaining.