Author Topic: The Third Grand RP: A Mage's Wager  (Read 13980 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Re: The Third Grand RP: A Mage's Wager
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2008, 05:42:14 pm »
Brian, at the prospect of 'lady'..... Unfortunately followed the old woman into her home, he ate to build up his strength, and in his drunken stupor he couldn't tell the difference between the 18 and the 92. However, before he knew it he had passed out, due to the drink? Or the food? Either way, Brian snored loudly, as the alcohol wore off.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2008, 01:19:39 pm »
Nathan listened intently on the hope that there was gold to be had, but shook his head by the time the tale was through.  He'd been exploiting the goodwill of others for years, and knew when someone was pulling something on him.  Things that killed horses rarely left the rider, and never took a small fortune in gold.  The path magically vanishing was also unusual, but less noticeable for having nothing to do with gold.

"Sorry," he said, "but I didn't come out here to risk my neck for a swindler."  He checked the compass and gestured that they should continue deeper into the woods.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2008, 12:43:21 pm »
"Swindler!" said the stranger, suddenly flying into a rage. He stamped his foot hard and in a puff of smoke he changed shape to that of a pale wizard with oily black hair and a devilish beard.
"I will see to it that you fail, plebs, and I will win the wager!" there was a crack of thunder and the wizard vanished, from the spot where he had been a thick fog suddenly poured, and before everyone knew it, they could barely see the hands in front of their faces. Unable to navigate, they stumbled in the fog but wisely kept close to each other. Eventually the sun began to rise and fog cleared...

The helpers of the old woman woke with the rising sun. Looking around them they found the old woman, her house, and all traces of her existence had vanished... everything, save for a beautiful silver mirror, lying by itself on the dew-speckled moss. Among the filligree on its edge the words "True sight" were picked out.

As the fog cleared, those who had not helped the old woman suddenly found themselves in the clearing where the old woman's house had once stood. As the morning wind rustled through the trees they thought they heard the voice of the old woman. "A true hero has kindness in his heart, from which no greater goal can sway him. Let those who earned their reward use the mirror to find the true path, and let those who were selfish follow them and learn..."
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2008, 12:54:33 pm »
"Wager... tricksters... Heroes...! What in the hells have we blundered into!" Christopher shouted as the lady's voice faded.
Virus Buster.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2008, 01:13:31 pm »
Bryan stands up, blearily blinking, stretching his arms and yawning.

"Wow, that was a good meal. Chris, could you please be a little quieter? Some of us just woke up... To be honest, I thought I'd wake up in a pot, like some forsaken, overgrown child in one of those stories...The lady was nice, though. Didn't think she'd eat us slowly."

He laughs and walks over to where the mirror is lying. He picks it up, and stares into it, reading the words engraved on the outside...
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2008, 01:25:13 pm »
Wager...  The word drifted through Nathan's mind and suddenly the world made sense again.  Well, not exactly.  They were still caught up with a quest fraught with unknown danger and dealing with things which made no sense whatsoever, but he knew where he stood as far as betting went and that was enough for now.

"What we've blundered into is a gamble, Chris," he said as took out his double tailed coin and tossed it in his palm, "which means that there's a way to cheat!"
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2008, 02:54:07 pm »
"Cheat on your own time." Moses said "We need to keep moving."

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2008, 09:49:07 pm »
"Uh..... ugh...... My head...." Brian moaned as he woke from his coma. "Wha.... where is this again? Wait.... what are we doing here?!" He called out as he rose and dusted himself off, "This isnt usually where i wake up..." He whispered to himself.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2008, 08:40:07 pm »
"Come on, come on, wake up." Christopher said as he kicked the others in the ribs to wake them up, "Get that compass oriented and let us be back on the track to whatever it is we are seeking."
Virus Buster.