Author Topic: Spore Editors Tips & Tricks  (Read 5063 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Spore Editors Tips & Tricks
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:12:04 am »
I decided to make this thread in order to help people use their creativity to the maximum, I'm gonna post some editor tips & tricks that I can remember for each editor, feel free to add your own:

Creature Editor - Build
- By using the Cell Xtended MOD you can morph almost every Cell part that you decide to bring on to creature, more possibilities, more fun. (thanks to myself for making the MOD)

- By using the Asymmetry MOD you can build asymmetric creatures, my recommendation is to build all the symmetric stuff you want on your creature first, then enable the asymmetry mod and finish it.

- If your creature doesn't walk the way you want it to, try adding a limb segment somewhere (hide it if you need to), the creature will change its gait! (found this out while making a spider, after I used a 2 segmented limb on each side to make the fangs it started walking like a real spider instead of jumping around). PS: Only works once so do it after you've finished your creature. (thanks Yannick)

- You can rotate any foot around the y axis in case you need to (some people might still not know this).

- Jelly buttons can look like barrels and Rammers can look like ammo chains for biomechs. (submitted by Yannick)

- The Armour pads can give your creatures a biomech look. (submitted by Yannick)

- You can combine almost EVERY part to get a new part look. (submitted by Yannick)

- Rotate centered mouths for weird multi-part mouth effects. (submitted by eleazar)

Creature Editor - Paint
- You can make creatures with very cool color schemes by giving them a shiny pure black base and picking very dark colors for the textures on the other 2 layers, this also makes the eyes change to the detail color and almost everything will be glowy.

- Using a dark, middle and bright color for each respective layer or vice-versa makes interesting color schemes.

- Cells have base textures not available on the creature editor, if you want a base texture from a cell download this pack made by eleazar or this one made by me and extract them into "My Documments/My Spore Creations/Cells/", then in the creature editor use the "paint like" feature and select the cell you want.

Outfit Editor - Build
- Enlarging single parts can make good outfits, like for example enlarging the shell pads makes them look like dresses or ponchos. (submitted by Summoner)

Outfit Editor - Paint
- If your creature is mostly covered by the outfit, you might want to consider changing the outfit colors in the Coat and Detail layers, leaving only the base color for the creature.

Building Editor - Build
- By using the Symmetry MOD you can build symmetric buildings. (thanks to myself for making the MOD)

- You can adjust part positions by moving them while keeping CTRL pressed (vertical) or SHIFT (horizontal).

- If you wanna rotate ANY part that can't be rotated in a certain axis put it on a connector, rotate the connector so the part is inclined the way you want it to, move the part to the ground and it will look like it did while on the connector, now delete the connector and adjust the part position with CTRL (vertical) and SHIFT (horizontal). (thanks to TnT-Productions for the tip)

Keep them coming everyone :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 09:38:54 am by DarkDragon »

DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
Re: Spore Editors Tips & Tricks
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:08 am »
I wish i knew how to make mods :P

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 08:32:46 am »
The gait one only works once. Adding more limbs doesn't change anything.

Creature Editor - Build
Jelly buttons can look like barrels and Rammers can look like ammo chains for biomechs.
The Armour pads can give your creatures a biomech look.
You can combine almost EVERY part to get a new part look.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 08:38:00 am »
- Cells have base textures not available on the creature editor, if you want a base texture from a cell download this pack and extract them into "My Documments/My Spore Creations/Cells/", then in the creature editor use the "paint like" feature and select the cell you want.

IHMO this set of textures is significantly easier to use. The texture takes up as much of the card as possible. Otherwise there's no difference.
filefront
rapidshare

You can also drag them into the sporepedia window to bring them into the game.

* Rotate centered mouths for weird multi-part mouth effects.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:39:55 am by eleazar »

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 08:54:01 am »
Creature Outfits - Puting it on

Inlarging peices can make good outfits like the shell pads if you large up look like dresses or ponchos

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:39:18 am »
Added to the OP.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 12:01:35 pm »
Creature editor: Parts

All types of wings can stick onto the Springle part, making a swirling limb.
Upside-down, flattened Shellshards can make good square plates, and if done right, you can create a cubic shape.

Creature editor: Paint

Making the creature's base texture pitch black and using a vibrant color for the coat and detail will give the creature a neon look on the skin and parts.