Author Topic: How would YOU change the archetype super powers to balance them?  (Read 5953 times)

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
Re: How would YOU change the archetype super powers to balance them?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 12:34:57 pm »
Hint: Zealot go to the social tab, fanatical frenzy, auto captures all cities and doesn't cause war. Scientist is the gravity wave.
And I meant Warrior for being useless for defense.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline LordTerror

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 03:56:42 pm »
IMO, they should all have abilities that can be used frequently.  A 1 minute cool down would be nice...

Trader: Automatically gather all spice from owned planets in a 10 parsec radius.  Recharge is 1 minute.
Bard: Boost relationship by 10.  (Maximum happiness from ability is 50).  Recharge is 1 minute.

Scientist: Fires a nuclear weapon.  Destroys everything in it's radius.  Good for destroying cities.  Does not break "galactic code".  Recharge is 1 minute.
Shaman: Keep the ability the same, but if you use it on your homeworld, it will return you to where you last used this ability.  (Leave recharge at 1 minute).

Ecologist: Set recharge to 1 minute.  Increase quantity gathered to 10.
Zealot: Instantly convert one city or colony.  Has 15% chance of failure for each "happy face".  Does not break "galactic code".  Recharge is 1 minute.

Knight: All allied UFOs are immune to damage for 30 seconds.  Recharge is 1 minute.
Warrior: Take half damage and deal 50% more damage.  Lasts 1 minute.  Recharge is 1 minute.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 09:14:54 pm »
I'm introducing the concept of Passive Super Powers, since I strongly feel that a decent amount of the balancing issues with the Supre Powers are that they are all temporary, activated tools. I felt that the non-combat oriented archetypes should have ones that are always on.

Knight - Inspiring Pacifism - Once your opponents see your purity and nobility, they reject their ruler's claims that you are evil and refuse to attack you. It disables all ships and turrets for 3 minutes.

Diplomat - Psychotropic Field (Passive) - Your is so well known for its calls for peace and kindness that even the most despotic of races can't find fault with you. The -15 dispostion modifier for "We Distrust Strangers" is reduced to -5.

Warrior - Purge Cannon - Through every step of your race's evolution, you had one goal: wipe out everything in your way. Even as your race takes the galactic stage, there's still people in your way. With the Purge Cannon, you can destroy every being and every building on a planet. This breaks Galactic Code.

Scientist - Unorthodox Experiments (Passive) - Do you not realize how many experiments your race has been unable to accomplish on your average-pressure, average-heat homeworld? Your people are so eager to begin researching them that you are able to place three buildings in a T0 colony.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 09:28:46 pm »
Trader: Automatically gather all spice from owned planets in a 10 parsec radius.  Recharge is 1 minute.

I like that idea, although the recharge time probably should be a bit longer because it takes time for trade routes to accumulate.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 11:53:18 am »
I have a question...  Does planet buster break galactic code?  If so then it is pointless to use because scientist does the same but you keep the planet.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Slife

• Akalabeth Addict
  • A Duke of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 11:56:19 pm »
Make it distance of your communicator.  Give it a nifty name and acronym, like SPice Over Radio Emissions.
All is number -Pythagoras