Poll

Rcalde for Chief of Security?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: The Galactic Protection Agency [RG]  (Read 47047 times)

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: The Galactic Protection Agency [RG]
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2010, 04:19:01 pm »
"they claim the invasion is to promote open thought and speech?" said Kurheac

"spreading freedom with violence..."

kurheac lowered his head, disgusted
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2010, 06:00:54 pm »
"I'm not a PSR delegate, Kurheac. I know I'd much rather peacefully bring democracy to them, but I don't work in their government."
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #272 on: April 10, 2010, 01:49:17 am »
"Indeed.", a large ball of orange and ebony eased itself into the room and settled down on one of the hall's wings. The entire collective of seats, and the floor beneath it, acted in unison as it morphed into a shape compatible to the giant sphere.

"Blaming each other will be self-destructive. We were all caught off guard by this revelation.", he added, specifying no one in particular, though it was quite obvious that he was referring to Tribune Kar'vhix, and to a lesser extent, Greater Senator Kurheac.

"In any case, Community Affairs Chief Valgu-246A, reporting.", he opened a projection showing the reporters that were already storming the complex. "Before I continue, I'd like to inform everyone that Chief Juionoko is currently on the way. Additionally, the Public Information Bureau and the Community Affairs Bureau are already doing all they can to buy us some time. However, I'm not certain as for how long we can do so..."

"Did I miss anything?", another one entered. It was the Chief of Detectives. "We're already doing our best to trace the identity and location of the whistle-blower, so yeah."

"I see.", Valgu-246A said as another Atomna entered the chamber.

"Operations Chief Valgu-110, reporting in.", it said.

After a while of thinking, Chief Valgu-246A spoke out again, remembering a certain clause which might answer Chief Enna Miq's question. "It seems that there is a certain  clause in the law with regards to prohibiting an invasion such as this...", he said, activating a projection which showed the text as it was written in the Galactic Charter. "It states here that...

As to the utilization of military assets by a sovereign body against another sovereign body, the sovereign body utilizing the military assets must provide evidence to the Galactic Senate that it was offended by the other sovereign body in an armed or military fashion. Until the evidence has been approved by the Galactic Senate, all acts of armed or military hostility towards the other sovereign body is deemed a violation of the Galactic Convention of War, and shall be dealt with as such.

For all other rationales supporting the utilization of military assets by a sovereign body against another sovereign body, it must first be submitted to the Galactic Senate, and be approved by said body before said rationales can be utilized when the sovereign body is called in to a hearing by the Galactic Senate regarding the utilization of military assets against another sovereign body."

"As we, the Galactic Protection Agency, are a non-sovereign body, our military assets, that is the personnel, data, equipment and supplies donated by the respective member bodies, are basically immune to the above clause, with us being classified under the markers independent combatant, non-government organization. This means we are seen under the law as, a mercenary organization." Chief Valgu-246A added, somewhat repulsed by the thought of using the term "mercenary" to identify the agency. "However, the military assets of the individual sovereign bodies, on the other hand, are well within the jurisdiction of the clause."

As he finished his words, Chief Valgu-110 quickly spoke up. "If I'm understanding this correctly... This ultimately boils down to stalling the PSR long enough for us to be able to assess the status of the Makal and the Slakos' governments, and either support or condemn the Republic's actions?"

"Yes.", Chief Valgu-246A replied. "Chief, could the Detective Bureau run a check on the Makal and the Slakos' ASRW records for the past ten years?", he said to the Chief of Detectives.

"Sure thing.", the chief promptly replied.

"Director.", Chief Valgu-110 inquired at Director Hateno Rolu. "Shall we take a vote regarding this matter?"

"That seems about right.", she agreed. "We'll assess the two governments' conditions and vote whether to support this action, or condemn it."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:30:58 pm by Yuu »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 10, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »
"Then I suppose I'll contact the PSR leadership."

Enna picked up the holo-cone and tapped it's surface a few times. The hologram reports disappeared and the word "CALLING." appeared.

Meanwhile, on Perrawiih...

Talin's secretary received the call. "Yes, Ms. Miq?"

"Hello. I wish to speak with President Talin on behalf of the Galactic Protection Agency."

"I'm very sorry, but Mr. Talin is busy at the moment. Hold on while I inform him." The secretary pressed a few buttons on his desk that made a holographic image of Talin pop up. "Mr. Talin?"

"Damn dictator-defending Photo-hey! What do you want?"

"There's a Ms. Enna Miq on Line 42 who wishes to speak with you on behalf of the GPA."

"Aghh...Redirect her to Khadenin instead, I'm busy in a diplomatic talk!"

"As you wish." The holograph vanished, and the secretary informed Enna while contacting Khadenin. Soon the Prime Minister's holographic image appeared, and he informed the secretary he would speak to Enna.

"Hello, Ms. Miq."

"Greetings, Prime Minister Khadenin. I'm here at the GPA headquarters, and we need to speak with you about this whole invasion business."

"Alright, I'm listening."

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »
"I'm terribly sorry that I wasn't able to come sooner," The recently appeared Holographic projection of Talsenreave said, "but I had to remain on Talsenreave Station to consult with a certain Vendessi fellow on the delayed construction of Antimatter Reactor A-C-23. Where were we now?"
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2010, 04:22:54 am »
"We were just about to inquire with Prime Minister Khadenin about the current situation in the PSR and the USSS in general.", answered Valgu-246A.

Turning towards the Prime Minister, the chief thanked him for his presence before carrying on with the matter at hand.

"We are grateful for your assistance in our inquiry, dear prime minister.", he said. "Now, as for the matter at hand..."

The chief turned to Director Hatena Rolu.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2010, 07:50:30 pm »
"I suppose I should-" Tar'vhix was cut off by a soft ring from his helmet comms.
"This is Tar'vhix, I'm in a meeting, this had better be good...WHAT!?! No, no, no, damnit, no! You can't initiate...Sir, I'm not trying to over step my bounds but...but sir, launching a full Force of Arms would be stupid, not to mention the fact that it would spark a war that would take decades, perhaps centuries for the galaxy as a whole to recover from...sir...sir! Look, I'm telling you, it'd be a-" His comms cut out, the signal was intentionally cut.
"Blastit!" Tar'vhix slammed a fist down on the table. "Ms. Miq, I'm afraid we have a bad situation. Commander General Val'ones just got authorization for a complete Force of Arms operation against the capital planet of your race. As you can hear, I just tried to talk him out of it. I don't know what your guys did, but whatever happened, they sure did piss Commander Val'ones off. A complete, full-scale Force of Arms only happened once. And trust me when I tell you this: NOTHING. SURVIVED. If I were you, Ms. Miq, I'd get your people back and warn them. I hate to leave, but I have to get back to the fleet and stop this mistake before it happens." Tar'vhix said, getting out of his chair and sprinting off towards the hangar.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2010, 11:12:36 pm »
Enna covered her face with her wings. How could this happen? How could a few people in high positions just go ahead and doom millions of innocent people like that? Wasn't this exactly the sort of thing the Revolution had tried to prevent from happening ever again? No. She had to stay brave. I must stay strong, she told herself.

She stood up and announced, "I am leaving this meeting immediately to organize logical, peaceful dialogues between Perrachi pacifists and moderates like myself and the governments of the PSR and Photos. They must understand, for one thing, that Perrawiih is the capital of two nations."

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2010, 11:55:19 pm »
"Indeed, Chief Miq.", the Director said emphatically. "Keep an open line with us until you arrive there. Keep yourself safe out there, our enemies might take advantage of this, we have to remain vigilant."

She then turned back to the Prime Minister.

"Prime Minister Khadenin, it seems that there has been a massive deployment of troops from the Photos Armed Forces directed against your nation's military.", she said to the prime minister, rather worryingly. "What exactly is the status of the Makal and Slakos territories, as of your end?"

This event was extremely disconcerting for her, and for the majority of the council in general. Had the Perrachi Government pushed forward their supposed invasion? Had they finally succeeded in what they were set out to do? What was the current status of the involved nations' officials?

"Chief Kar'vhix!", she called out the Tribune. "Keep us alerted on the situation down there!"

Turning to the rest of the council, she quickly opened a small device and recorded a set of authorizations before sending each of the members with individual members.

"Chief Kurheac, keep tabs on all groups that might take advantage of the current situation! Operations Chief Valgu-110 and Chief Kharajev, prepare the Fifth Fleet for total mobilization on my command! Chief Valgu-246A, coordinate with Chief Juionoko and salvage as much of the situation as you can from the fourth estate, and get me a secure line to the highest officials of the Makal and Slakos nations! Chief Talsenreave, report back to the Station, contact HQ at the slightest of anomalies, and stop things from getting out of hand up there! Chief-..."

Eventually, only two officers were left without orders as the others prepared to go to their respective places.

"What I just said to Chief Miq also goes for all of you! Keep yourselves out of harm's way!", she said with great sincerity. "I expect you could all do this! Now move out!"

"Director Fna-Jusi, monitor everyone's status from here. Legal Matters, call in some of your staff, I'm going to need you and your people's presence here."

As she faced the Perrachi Prime Minister, an almost unbearable amount of tension became extremely apparent in her stance and posture.

"Dear prime minister.", she began. "It seems we're in quite a cucumis. We'll do our best here to manage the situation, but we're going to need all the help we can get, from all sides."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2010, 10:51:50 am »
Tar'vhix made his best speed to the hangar, where he boarded one of the personal transports in the bay. He started powering it up, and before long, he was out into space.
"Alright, I'm about to jump to warp. I'll report back with my result soon enough, hopefully before this situation gets out of hand." With that, the ship was gone.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 18, 2010, 04:31:41 pm »
"Bah, you short-sighted fools cannot comprehend the greater good here. We are working to liberate an entire species from the tyranny of a few! And we can and will repel any attack by foreign invaders. The armed forces of the PSR have just been notified, and as I speak there are defense forces forming around the systems. Our superior technology will be more than a match for the Photos. Good day to you!"

The transmission cut.

Enna's holograph displayed the interior of a starship in the background. A humming noise familiar as a hyperdrive starting up could be heard.

"Well, that doesn't sound good. I fear the PSR leadership is hell-bent on its goal. They're probably doing strafing runs on Makal government buildings right now. You se..."

A bright burst of light appeared, and a loud roaring noise deafened her voice. It was clear her ship had just entered the wormhole.

"...Sorry. Anyway, I'm not sure that the Photos leadership is quite clear on the matter that about one-third of Perrawiih is occupied by the independent Eleisian Union, a pacifistic ecological republic with absolutely no military. They depend on the PSR for protection, and if somehow the PSR defenses should fail and the Photos have no idea about the Eleisian Union, if what Kar'vhix said will apply here then the entire Union will be destroyed, not to mention the majority of the Perrachi people. Entire civilizations and ethnic groups will be erased. This will certainly draw international condemnation for invading a defenseless, harmless republic, and perhaps even a counter-invasion of the Photos. The very word 'Photos' will become an insult of treachery and senseless violence.

"In this emergency situation, I hereby order GPA forces to occupy the area between the PSR and the Photos invasion force. There's a world of difference between overthrowing a kingdom and murdering 10 billion people."

((OOC: You may be wondering how Miq is still communicating after her ship has entered a wormhole and cut off from the known universe. Well, in situations like these the tachyon communicator (like a radio but with tachyons) opens up a miniature wormhole within the ship to beam messages through. Clever, eh?))

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:05 am »
POWER HUNGER!

Important positions for people that want gratuitous amounts of POWER!

INVADING "EVIL" AND "COMMUNIST" COUNTRIES WHO JUST HAPPEN TO NOT AGREE WITH YOU! Or at least ordering others to do it for you while you screw around in your office. You'll be good at it!

PEW! PEW! PEW!

With supposedly reliable methods like ELECTRONS! ELECTIVE transparency! It's like holding an election using ELECTRONIC CONFERENCING!

If you like to support a candidate... How about GUNDIDACY!!!

Threatening competitors with hired guns! REAL HIRED GUNS!

If you get caught you'll have fun desperately running from the law all the time!

Power gaming, power tripping, power gaming, power spawning cronies! You'll have sooo many cronies! Four hundred cronies! Then you push them for Gundidacy and they'll become good at ORDERING SOLDIERS TO THEIR DEATHS!

And they'll go around and stab you in the back ABNORMALLY FAST!

You'll be bossing people around sooo fast everyone sensible will be like COOL DOWN! And you'll be like SCREW YOU and slap them in the face with your BLANK CHECKS!

Be smart don't gamble on your authority.

NI'CALLS EYE!

Ho-

*smack*

"Who let this guy in here?! SECURITY!"

"Ahem."

"So yeah, it's time for elections again."

"Each candidate kindly state you name and specify for what post you're running for."

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #282 on: November 01, 2011, 03:52:13 pm »
Hatena Rolu of the UGP for re-election as Director. Her chances are somewhat slim, though. The UGP's inaction against the Perrachi has diminished her political support.

Lechaso Stauis of the UGP for Chief of Management and Budget.

Guegxi Kep of the UGP for Chief of Transportation. Very suitable candidate; the UGP is famous for its advanced transportation technologies, especially their remarkably fast and efficient warp drive.

Nedt Ngertl of the UGP for Chief of Support Services.

I strongly encourage everyone to put forth multiple candidates for the positions that are not yet filled or being contended for, and have those already in more minor posts run for re-election.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 01, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »
Plu Def of the Perrachi Alliance for Chief of Patrol Services. He was an aide to Enna Miq, who suggested he run for the position.

Mmrnhyuwm Hrrmwoomhm Zmmhwrmm of the Qyooro Eternal Academy (protectorate state of the Perrachi Alliance) for Chief of Legal Matters. It is over 2,000 Perran years old and has served as a judge on various matters for most of that time.

Naak Terepti of the Perrachi Alliance for Chief of Detectives. She has served many years as a brilliant administrator of the Avican, Imperial, Republican and Alliance police forces.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 01, 2011, 06:24:17 pm »
Graidient Greater senator, Kurheac, now titled Magistrate Karodech, is prematurely stepping down to return to Earthsky. his experience here was not positive. in addition the senatorial is entering a period of reorganization and will be occupied for the next few thousand years. therefore the senatorial has withdrawn from its membership.

"but, instead of another idiot from the, frankly speaking, bureaucratic chainhouse that is the third senatorial of Coessus, he shall be replaced by a representative of all the people of earthsky, not the half million who live in that cavern*. but one also serve as an adviser, a guide, and an all around fantastic person: me.

now, I don't want a specific role. I'm not actually a candidate. I will remain here as an adviser, annoyingly whispering in your ears and criticizing your physical feature, seeing as I don't have many left for myself! zing! but in all seriousness I'm here and you can't make me go. "

I can say confidently I have existed longer than everything else here. a few centuries of that time was spent as a politician, of a kind, for several nations. I am speaking through a false voice; my throat was seared in fire. I have no eyes and I have no limbs. I have known war, I have known killing, and I have known death.

I am called Rcaldeahilarcneantiuskaedneravilo.

But you can call me Carl"
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!