Author Topic: Nintendo Wi-fi site goes live  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Nintendo Wi-fi site goes live
« on: November 07, 2005, 04:00:52 pm »
Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection:
The groundbreaking (and free!) wireless gaming network.

There's always someone ready to play.
Ready to take on the world? With Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, you can connect and play with Nintendo DS players across the globe. It's simple to use and free - no hidden service fees, no extra equipment necessary. All you need is a Nintendo DS and a Wi-Fi-ready game. We're working on new game titles and Wi-Fi versions of your favorite Nintendo classics, so there'll be no end to the Wi-Fi fun!! Play over your home wireless network using just about any wireless router or if you're on the go, head to one of thousands of free Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection partner hotspots to connect and play.

http://www.nintendowifi.com

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Nintendo Wi-fi site goes live
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 05:08:19 pm »
I just registered. Not sure what else were supposed to do yet. I don't have any of the games mentioned.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 06:59:15 pm »
None of them have come out yet. Mario Kart DS is the first and comes out on November 14th.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:00:34 pm »
Sk8land is out already, I believe.
The Good
Same flashy graphics and user-friendly controls that have defined the franchise; Insane variety of tricks to learn and perform; Build custom character in story mode or control real pros in classic mode;
The Bad
Skate parks are generally too large and poorly designed for performing tricks; Missions in story mode require more wandering than tricking; Weakest story and characters out of all the Tony Hawk games;
-gamespot.com

It doesn't seem like their allowing people to register their DS's just yet or the link's just broken. Then again, maybe it's just me. I did stop by a McDonalds on the way back from work and their wireless is up and working. No games to test it with though.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 11:04:14 pm »
Can't wait until Mario kart comes out I'm so getting a DS for it then can can battle my friend into the wee hours of the morning. One more race one more race.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 04:11:09 am »
It doesn't seem like their allowing people to register their DS's just yet or the link's just broken.  Then again, maybe it's just me.  I did stop by a McDonalds on the way back from work and their wireless is up and working.  No games to test it with though.

I registered my Nintendog game, it was the only one I have handy. The only other ones I have is a SimsUrbz and a Mario game. I also registered my DS so the link must not have been working at the time.

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 08:12:03 am »
the site is a map - eh IGN has a tut on the thing

http://ds.ign.com/articles/665/665128p1.html

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 09:05:23 pm »