Author Topic: Sahara  (Read 3580 times)

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Sahara
« on: November 06, 2005, 04:25:29 pm »
If you want to read the whole thing, just highlight it. Just remember, spoilers.

This was easily the worst movie I've ever seen. The plot is ridiculous, the acting is bad, and the actual events that happen in the "story" were completely ludicrus. Some guy who's never held a gun in his life shoots a flare from a speeding boat into the window of a moving car, thus blinding the driver and sending him careening into the water? A randomly placed stick of dymanite unconvers an artifact (that shouldn't have been there to begin with!) that no one has been able to find for almost 15 years? This movie was terrible, post your comments

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Sahara
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 04:10:56 pm »
I concur will all above invisible points.  Terrible movie full of plot holes and a total lack of realism.  Although, it was based on a book I think most people read when there in 6th grade, could have definatly been better.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 05:07:20 am »
Really bad movie. >They shot down a helicopter with a cannon?!< It kept me awake, but that's about it.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 09:55:10 am »
I watched it with my girlfriend - she usually likes films that i hate.... not this one - and that speaks volumes, seriously.  That was an abysmal film, i'm glad i didn't pay for renting it that time!

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 12:36:14 pm »
I thought it looked pretty dumb in the commercials

Offline PineappleTheHun

• Mystery House Madman
  • Explodablicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 04:22:07 pm »
Come on, it wasnt that bad.
Quote from: Borogove
I try to think of what mother nature would have done if she suffered major brain damage.
Quote from: Gaming Steve
You are wrong.
Quote from: Legodragonxp
Starship Troopers 2 had only two things worth seeing, but she died early on

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 06:24:42 pm »
Why wasn't it that bad?

>>>Was it because the two main characters' plot lines became suddenly and very conveniently entangled? Was it because at the end of the movie, the good guy found the bomb within milliseconds of it exploding, then somehow stayed 3 feet in front of a raging fire through a narrow tunnel?<<<

Seriously, I'd like to know your opinions.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 06:34:43 pm »
I enjoyed the movie, very Indiana Jones-ish. I was also fond of the characters. Story was a little "eh." Tied together good though. If you are going to be crucial about believability in a movie than you'd have to say that National Treasure was complete garbage too, but that was also a really, really good movie.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 02:24:56 am »
oh, not just a blatant rip-off of the da Vinci code then? (I havent seen national treasure or read the Da Vinci code but the similarities seem pretty obvious to me)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 11:08:17 am »
I saw the movie the weekend it came out. And all I can say is.... meh....
I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 11:24:28 pm »
My friends and I were thinking about seeing it, but decided not to, and very glad for that as well!

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 02:41:19 am »
oh, not just a blatant rip-off of the Da Vinci code then? (I haven't seen national treasure or read the Da Vinci code but the similarities seem pretty obvious to me)
I think the book was out before Da Vinci code came along but, they're defiantly in the same "treasure hunter chases historical myths" class.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 04:39:58 pm »
It wasn't terrible, all of your complaints are about realism. It a MOVIE guys. You are sounding like my Dad, can people really fly? No, then I guess all the Superman movies sucked. Can people move stuff with their mind? No, then I guess every Star Wars film sucked. See what I mean?

For the purposes of entertainment, it was a good movie.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 06:10:29 am »
It wasn't terrible, all of your complaints are about realism. It a MOVIE guys. You are sounding like my Dad, can people really fly? No, then I guess all the Superman movies sucked. Can people move stuff with their mind? No, then I guess every Star Wars film sucked. See what I mean?

For the purposes of entertainment, it was a good movie.

Tut tut kishmond, with your choice of reading material you should know that "people will swallow a big lie and choke on a little fib". A movie described as a fantasy or a sci-fi is able to get away with things because people are more prepared to suspend disbelief. Not only that but things like shooting down a helicopter with a cannon would attract scorn even in a fantasy movie, but it would be acceptable in a cartoon. 
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 07:08:44 pm »
I dunno... it got so stupid that it was kinda fun in an MST3K kinda way...