Author Topic: Site Logo  (Read 12703 times)

Offline Mr.Heat

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Site Logo
« on: March 16, 2005, 12:17:11 pm »
Ummm..i think the logo we currently having is pretty plain, isn't it? if your'e intersted in changing it to something more, modern (?)....i'll be happy to design you one..

Heat

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Site Logo
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 02:20:53 pm »
Heh, thanks for the offer. I am currently working on updating the entire site. I basically was trying to get the site up and ready before GDC and figured I would have time after to update and improve the site.

10,000+ visitors later ... heh, well, all I can say is that I promise that the site design and layout will be greatly improved over the next few weeks. That much I promise you all.

However, if anyone has any ideas/comments I am 100% receptive to listening to all ideas. I want the forums and my site somewhere were people can hang out and talk games, life, geekdom, the "standard" stuff. I can do that best with the help of you all.

Either way keep checking back as I will be continuously updating and improving the site on a daily basis for the foreseeable future.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 03:37:15 pm »
Awesome. Finally a great gaming site where geeks can get converse together that will last more than a year!!!! ;D
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 04:14:09 pm »
Awesome. Finally a great gaming site where geeks can get converse together that will last more than a year!!!! Grin

Really? Is that a big problem? I didn't know that. Heh, I have zero intention for this site to ever go anywhere. It's simple enough to update and keep going, and the podcasts will keep me busy. So tell your friends and bring them all over!

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 06:18:30 am »
Yeah i find the biggest problem with most gaming communities is it isnt moderated at all so you would get just the worst people spamming and complaining about every little thing but this is great. people have good discussions without getting out of hand
I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 07:20:35 pm »
I think that Spore really got this great forum up and running. 100 members in a week, not what I call shabby.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 10:20:00 am »
I always liked the current logo, i think it's retro and funny.  I hope you're not intending to make the site so complex - i think that simple and accessible is always the best way forward.  Some of these new sites i can never find my way around and just get frustrated!  Meh, call me old, whatever :P.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 01:05:33 pm »
I always liked the current logo, i think it's retro and funny.  I hope you're not intending to make the site so complex - i think that simple and accessible is always the best way forward.  Some of these new sites i can never find my way around and just get frustrated!  Meh, call me old, whatever :P.

I won't be chaning the logo too much, if at all. I might make the lettering a bit easier to read, but right now it's staying more or less the way it is. And the navigation will be simple, don't worry about that.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 03:32:36 am »
Nice, well go ahead - i'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Offline Greyleaf

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 03:32:53 pm »
I like the orange logo, very differant from the average site. I think it would be really cool to draw the orange out into the rest of the site - it would make it unique from the rest of the gaming world. I recommend a base background other then white as well. Something calm but interesting. From what I've seen,  the member flow into new sites depends almost entirely on one cool feature and lots of eye candy :)
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 06:14:10 pm »
Is it just me, or does the giant floating head scare you? Like, how it never blinks....

...and what happened to the rest of it?  :o

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 07:44:55 pm »
Sorry to post twice, but I think that the logo when clicked  in the forum, should link back to the index.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 08:05:10 pm »
Sorry to post twice, but I think that the logo when clicked  in the forum, should link back to the index.

I will probably program that in as well. As for the color oragne so many of these gaming sites are black with white type ... so many. I actually like those designs, but I didn't want this site to look like "all those other gaming sites". So that is how I came up with the birghter colors. Again, I'm working on it and will update and improve the design over time. But keep the suggestions comming, you are the guys using the site and I always like to hear what you have to say!

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 10:08:20 pm »
Orange and grey way to go! I've mentioned the head too Shadow...
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 10:48:40 pm »
I don't think the head is bad at all...just the eyes!!! :o

No offence Steve, but your eyes really freak me out.

In case you were wondering I love the site! My current favourite and should be for a long time to come!
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++