Author Topic: Civ-Stage  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Amberfox

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
Civ-Stage
« on: November 06, 2005, 02:42:37 pm »
What do you think will the Civilization-Stage be like? I assume it's not gonna be turn based like the original Civ but somehow judging from what I've seen in the GDC-Video I feel  it might get somewhat confusing with so many units on the planet at the same time. How do you control not only your city but also all your units in real-time? And will it be possible, like in CIV, to build roads and found more cities?  :)

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Civ-Stage
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 04:37:46 am »
Wil will never equal Sid! (granted, there might be a little hometown bias there.)

It'll probably be more like AoE or Rise of Nations.

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 09:49:59 am »
Look at Sid Meiyer's(sp?) portfolio, then look at big W's.
He's equaled him, gone past him, left him in the dust!
no-one, I mean no-one can equal will, not even god!
Infact, I am forming a cult in which he IS god!

never make a statement like that again, you will live just long enough to regret it   >:(

*wanders off to make a tinfoil likeness of WW*
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 11:43:50 am »
scary....

i would assume it would be like Sim City 4, in that when you are playing in a particular city, the other cities are dormant.  i would think it would be the same in Spore. When you are in the UFO stage, and you develop a city on a planet, then decide to leave that planet, and develop another planet. The first goes into some holding pattern or whatever. Everything that you did in that planet still counts for you, but nothing changes there.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 04:43:19 am »
I hope it will be Sim City-ish and RTS-ish, combined really well.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 06:24:17 pm »
scary....

i would assume it would be like Sim City 4, in that when you are playing in a particular city, the other cities are dormant. i would think it would be the same in Spore. When you are in the UFO stage, and you develop a city on a planet, then decide to leave that planet, and develop another planet. The first goes into some holding pattern or whatever. Everything that you did in that planet still counts for you, but nothing changes there.

The Sims is also like that.  When you go from one house to another, the other houses are all frozen in time but you can still interact with all the members of the other houses.  but i would think with Spore there would have to be some progress in the domains you don't control so that the universe is not static.  But now that I think about it.  Didn't he say that you could take a species toss it into another planet and come back latter to see how they progressed?  Maybe there is no holding pattern?  Or somethings hold while some progress.  My head is hurting.
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 07:35:13 pm »
I would think it would be like Rise Of Nations which is just Civilization in real time. 

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 08:33:27 pm »
Will said you could go from a diplomacy angle rather than war too. I wonder if you can get teachnogy for allies or ones you concoured. For instance in the video if i descroyed or allied with the civ that was attacking Will's creatures funky city maybe you cpuld get those tansk that were attacking. Or other more industrial looking ones if yours is more organic and funky.

Offline Evil1

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • Who let that guy in?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 06:35:15 am »
but i LIKE organic and funky!

my main question that is bugging me is are you able to leave your UFO to build your existing citys and fight wars on other planets?