Author Topic: For everyone who likes Star Control  (Read 3917 times)

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
For everyone who likes Star Control
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:17:58 pm »
My friend "rarfac" is now making space ships and aliens from the Star Control games 1, 2, and 3.
Since I personally like the games a lot and I imagine a lot of you do too. I'm going to be posting his creations as he does them. I'm also doing this as a friend because he only has 1 subscriber (me) and I know he has been working extremely hard on these ships so far and since this is such a fantastic and supportive Spore community I'm hoping others will appreciate it as much as I do. ;D

First off we have the
Androsynth Guardian:

personally one of my favorite ships to use in Star Control 2 with its "comet" ability

Arilou Skiff:
From Star Control 1 & 2:

From Star Control 3:

This is one that seems very simple but was still time consuming when he was checking the details and figuring out a way to add the bumps on the ship from SC 3

He has not yet finished the actual Avatar ship, but this is just one of the satellites that orbit it. The ship is also one of my favorites and probably one of the best in the game.

Daktaklakpak Vivisector:

Druuge Mauler:

Although not very exciting looking the idea of it being one huge cannon is still cool

Earthling Cruiser:
From Star Control 1 & 2:

From Star Control 3:

Ilwrath Avenger:

Melnorme Trader:

This one is actually very fun to play in game and on planets as it turns upside down comically from sudden turns.

Mmrnmhrm Transformer:

and in x form:

Mycon Podship:

Slylandro Probe:

this will be re-done as soon as we figure out how to do the lightning, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. :)

Spathi Eluder:

One of the most comical ships in the Star Control games. It is actually one of the coolest ships to use in Spore.

Syreen Penetrator:
From Star Control 1 & 2:

From Star Control 3:

Yehat Terminator:

I will be updating this each time he makes a new ship or alien, although currently his game is not working. But I may also be lending a hand in the creation of some things. And if anyone has any advice on these ships please let us know. :)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:34:05 am by Jurassicskin »

Offline Rarfac

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: For everyone who likes Star Control
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:31:49 am »
Hey guys,

this is my first post on this forum.  I thought I should join and support JurrassicSkin (Abomolith on spore) as he's supporting me here.

Just so you guys know, I have Spore up an running again, I just had to delete all of my spore personal data, and it worked just fine.

I have finished the Ur-Quan Dreadnought and the Fighters they send out in combat.  Today I plan to work on the Kohr-Ah Marauder and potentially The Chmmr Avatar.

Also, you should check out Abomolith's and my (Rarfac's) profiles.  We have a lot of creations inspired be each others and are constantly experimenting with new ideas.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:41:21 am »
I just checked it out and those ships definetly look pretty cool, although your creatures are okay (they are far from bieng crap though), I'll add you into buddies for those ships :)

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 08:06:10 am »
Awesome, thanks smjjames!
I'll post links to each of our profiles:
this is mine
and this is rarfac's

EDIT: I'll also start posting all the new ships after my Thanksgiving stuff is done.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 08:22:29 am by Jurassicskin »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 08:08:22 am »
I already have yours actually (picked it out from the gamingsteve sporecast), but yea both of yourr stuff is good :)