Author Topic: Help us track down the post-patch Audio Lag bug...  (Read 8743 times)

Offline mike20022

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • My Spore page http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mike99a
Re: Help us track down the post-patch Audio Lag bug...
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 04:29:58 am »
Thanks caryl this has solved my sound and invisible graphics problems thank you  ;)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 08:37:25 am »
I just want to note that the changes to the desktop shortcut carry over to the shortcut on the recent programs list for Vista users. I'm just letting people know, if they haven't figured it out already.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 08:41:15 am »
What do they mean by "Audio Lag"?

I had problems in the creature stage with sounds occasionally repeating over and over and over again.
Is that the problem everyone's talking about?
It doesn't happen that often, but it sure is annoying.

Either way, I'll try out 'the fix' next time I play...

There was a problem where sound was getting out of sync, animations were hanging, and things were happening without the player being able to see anything. It was like being is a really lagged MMO where you would attack a creature, he would be dead but still standing there, the music for the start of the fight would start, you would hear an attack, you would die from another creature attacking you, then you would see the guy that you killed fall... basically the processes were stuck.

-Lego

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 09:01:21 am »
 Sounds like LOTRO early on. Living in taffy world I called it. They fixed it eventually. Actually changing the job priority helped a ton. Didnt fix the lag. Just made it much better. Which seems to me is a sign of poor resource management on the part of the program. Not all that surprising considering how much is going on in the game as one time procedurally. Animation, texture, sound, and all the various elements.
Its bound to take awhile to get the kinks ironed out. :)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 10:17:54 am »
hmm, I'm still having a bit of lag, although the creature loading lag isn't as bad as before. I think it might be a combination of me having all settings on max and my hardware, although I'll look at the graphics cache and see if that helps.

Edit: the graphics cache was already on max and I put the download cache on max to see if that helps. As far as the lag, my creature isn't moving perticularily fast right now, so I guess all the particles on screen from bieng in the forest doesn't help too much.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:24:08 am by smjjames »

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 02:09:17 pm »
Wow, that simple trick worked for me. I finally was able to play the tribal stage again. Now I can continue some games I started weeks ago. :D Thanks!
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 07:49:33 pm »
Well I just had an annoying sound looping problem, with occasional lag on loading after the patch.
I changed the command line and everything seems to be working fine so far.

Offline Lucky

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 03:08:20 pm »
Glad to hear this has helped so many people. 

Progress!

-caryl

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 01:44:12 am »
I tried the workaround yesterday and Spore worked as it did before the patch. No sound- or render-lag, no crashes and i could also again play at higher grafics.
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 01:58:59 am »
I've been getting a bug when I destroy the last city of any space civilisation. Just as the last city goes BOOM! and that race disapears off the face of existance, my game crashes, without warning. And its done this several times.

Computer:
2.4 gig quad core
GF 8800 GTS 300 MB
Asus mainboard and everything else

I dont know what causes it but it happens when I finaly destroy any space civ, If I havent saved I loose it all, today I lost my whole conquest of that civ because I forgot about that bug, Is this being addressed or are you aware of it?

Offline darkangelx

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2008, 05:21:15 pm »
2. If you are experiencing the lag issue, please try adding -jobPriority:0 to the command line (Make a shortcut on your desktop, right-click and select Properties, and add the -jobPriority:0 to the Target line). Did that make the issue go away?  This increased my overall performance of rendering and scrolling GREATLY, however no it did nothing to resolve the issue.

3. What levels did you see this problem on? Be as specific as possible - beginning of Tribe? Middle of Civilization? While in a particular Editor?
I have only had a problem during space combat(its all I have been playing for a while)

4. Have you seen this problem after you've been playing for a long time? How long? How short? Did you leave your machine running and go get a sandwich/go to sleep/watch a football game and come back to find this problem? How long did you leave the game alone?

How long, about 15 minutes in, after killing 3-4 grox planets.  I did not leave my machine.

I was using my laser beam weapon of doom(its my weapon of choice in combat)

If it helps,  it is almost always during combat for me, or scrolling in/out of a planet/system.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 12:59:42 pm »
I think I'm getting the sound lag bug again or maybe its a symptom or side effect of the space stage crashes I'm having as the sound goes as normal when the screen freezes up and then the sound stops, then continues, then stops and crash.