Author Topic: ♪ Music You Make ♪  (Read 39702 times)

gec05

Re: ♪ Music You Make ♪
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »
I do mind.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #151 on: June 04, 2011, 07:28:54 pm »
just released a new song

http://soundcloud.com/viking-az/purplefoxpop

Some good stuff :)

I like the waffles one a little more only because it picks up speed faster, the mood is more to my liking but that's just a personal preference, not legitimate critique.  I dl'd waffles and am currently playing it on loop while I screw around in flash.  It really is well done, least in my opinion.  Keep it up brah!

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2011, 09:58:11 pm »
just released a new song

http://soundcloud.com/viking-az/purplefoxpop

Some good stuff :)

I like the waffles one a little more only because it picks up speed faster, the mood is more to my liking but that's just a personal preference, not legitimate critique.  I dl'd waffles and am currently playing it on loop while I screw around in flash.  It really is well done, least in my opinion.  Keep it up brah!

thank you,  ya most people seem to like waffles >.<
its meant to be on loop and in the background,  makes time go faster it seems to me at least

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2011, 08:36:04 pm »
I'm down to collab with anyone if anyone is down,  It's always better to have 2 heads working on something than one,

I always have a big list of "projects" to do on the computer,
and when i'm bored / don't feel like playing games I work on one of these "projects"
and I feel I can never have too many different things I'm working on, because it gives me a bigger choice

my current projects include

-Learning  / mastering auto tune
 I auto tuned the song rysworld sang for me, even though I butchered it, not knowing the actual song it was supposed to sound like,
I have 2 more songs coming my way, martyk

-collabing with guitarist / drummer in cali, (but waiting on their part takes a long time, when they sent their part i work on it like an hour and send it back waiting           a        week  to  get it back so this isn't taking up much time)

-Making Flash animation with brother, (He is a good artist but is retarded at computer, we're going to draw frame by frame and scan and bitmap trace in flash, in pre                planning stages of this, waiting for brother to get more serious about it)

-3d modeling, currently working on 2 different models for 2 different games,  I'm behind schedule on both of them, one is for a game that is accepting / paying for models to use int game, (Infinity : quest for Earth) I almost finished the low poly version, have to redesign half of it, (it's about 2000 triangles now) then need to design high poly version of it for normal mapping (~6,000-10,000 tris.)  so after I stopped working on the low poly I decided to get more practice before working on the high poly model,
I showed the low poly model I was working on around and got recruited for the Legend of Mana HL2 mod (there is a thread about it somewhere)  just from showing them the model I made for the other game, (and keep in mind that model, the one I was working on for the other game was the 2nd 3d model I ever made)
I can only do this when I'm in a certain mood, which isn't often, but when I am in the mood I'll work on a model for 3-4 hours straight and get a decent amount of work on it

- Learning C++   (was on pause for a while, because I'd rather learn from an actual book than from an e-book,  my brother got me a book on C++ today for my birthday, but it covers all aspects of C++ and all of its uses while I'd rather learn about the 2d / 3d / non ascii applications of it (programing for openGL or Direct X)  I made some progress learning on my own using online e-books, but lost motivation, I will return to it some days soon though

so most of my music stuff right now is waiting on other people,
and I could always use a new project,
if anyone wants to collab you should let me know

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2011, 10:44:42 am »
Well, I've been composing some stuff lately, but it's all MIDI's. Anyone know a good converter? I've tried all the ones I found on Google.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2011, 12:23:09 pm »
why you want to convert them? if working with someone it'd be better to send them the midi + sounds rather than a .wav

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2011, 09:10:00 am »

gec05

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2011, 12:14:15 pm »
That is VERY cool!

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile

gec05

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:03 pm »
Well, for me, it would be a great utility to isolate sounds and use them for different stuff.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 26, 2011, 12:17:43 am »
Melodyne DNA is better

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjv4_jqAY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjv4_jqAY</a>

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 26, 2011, 12:24:45 am »
except they don't work the same way :/
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

gec05

« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09:14 am »
Forgot to post my recent stuff.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »

Does this count as music you make? I made it this afternoon. It's a tiny little Rackett that can squeak out a few notes, and I'm rather proud of it! I compared it to a lightbulb, soda bottle and pen to show the scale. On my screen the picture is half sized.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2011, 03:31:33 pm »
Is that an ASIAN soft drink?

:I