Author Topic: [RG] The Orealyianis  (Read 56007 times)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: [RG] HOLEY!
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:10 am »
that is the point
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2011, 05:16:58 am »
I already saw the show. It was vomit-inducing and unfunny.

Well, sorry to say, but I have my own opinion of things.   :P

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_rIAkb_v8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP_rIAkb_v8</a>

Also, was the one you watched this?

Cause if it was...

On a totally unrelated note...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:04:10 am by Yuu »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2011, 10:31:08 am »
No, I watched the newer version. Yes, I hated it. It's not the messiah here, not everyone worships it.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »
To each his own, I suppose.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:54 pm »
No, I watched the newer version. Yes, I hated it. It's not the messiah here, not everyone worships it.

Well, you don't have to throw up in my face either.   :P

*gives UFO a paper bag*

That's better.   :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2011, 08:12:50 pm »
*HHLLLLORRPPFFFFFFKGHBFFFLLPDWLPP*!!

Guh... Thanks. What program do you use to make these pics, and how on Earth did you come up with the designs? And the names, for that matter?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2011, 03:06:59 am »
What program do you use to make these pics,

Micro$oft Powerpoint 2007.   :)

and how on Earth did you come up with the designs?

Most of the stuff I make are just stray tangents in my mind that I collect during the day, which I then put on paper when I get back home.

Orealyianis = Orealyian + Steroids

Orealyian = former one-shot ORly? pun + worm torso + cyclops + crab claws + grasshopper legs + skin respiration + salamander slime, which I made acidic on a whim + Emperor Sea Strider (kinda) mouths + Lu Bu's badass helmet

Variable Armor = Anubis' head + canards are awesome + Sagittarius' body + form, arsenal and function of the VF-1 Valkyrie and OF Jehuty (kinda)

And the names, for that matter?

They're all actually deeply rooted in Indo-European and Austronesian languages, if you trace them back far enough.   ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:11:02 am by Yuu »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: Orealyianis
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2011, 06:56:32 am »
Anakinostine I

Pictured: Sunrise in Anakinostine I. Clockwise from top: Anakinostine II, the Office of Planetary Affairs, Tahanavamaya Embassy District, Lake Terawa, Kagalanamaya Tourism District, Ilakamanaya Office District, Meriya Park.

The early years of Athanatsu's settlement saw a huge spike in immigration as people from across the sector saw the frontier system as a stepping stone towards a brighter future. Not long after, the Orealyianis Monarchy woke up to entire foreign governments requesting to negotiate a stake on the vast, unexploited system. Seeing this as an opportunity to bolster socio-economic ties within the entire sector, then Crown Prince Foriza Kazamadariya set in motion a project which will eventually grow into what is now known as Anakinostine I.

Anakinostine I is a re-purposed superstructure remnant retrofitted to fulfill the nation's ever growing economic needs. Based, at least in spirit, on the older Terran-Ixian Anagnostine model, it is an artificially sustained pseudo-spherical swarm of multiple overlapping and interlocking platforms which serve as the foundation for a quasi-terrestrial urban environment. At present, most of its surface is covered by sprawling economic districts and large-scale high-tech industries. As demand for space grows, the city can expand indefinitely as its diameter increases and new platforms are added both beside and beneath existing sections.

The city maintains a very liberal business policy, practically corruption-free and transparent, stable prices, and one of the lowest tax rates in the galaxy. It juggles meticulous application of micromanagement with as free a market as possible. Exports in the form of high-tech goods and super-large-scale prefabrication comprise the majority of its revenue. Imports take the form of raw materials needed to sustain the immense multinational industry and workforce which make it all possible.

The Spaceports of Anakinostine I are one of the busiest in the galaxy, in the same tier of activity as Ralston and Beyon. In addition, Anakinostine I's highly developed space infrastructure and skilled workforce are also fundamental as they provide greater access to foreign markets both for importing and exporting goods and services, and also provide the assets necessary for refining raw materials into high-end products.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: [RG] The Orealyianis
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2011, 07:11:46 am »

Just wanted to share a little sample of a project that I've held off for the time being.

Hope I get to finish the real one some time.

Offline pinguin_emperror

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Orealyianis
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2011, 11:42:38 am »
wooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you put a lot of time in this

but its awesome!!!!! :D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2011, 04:38:26 pm »
Thanks.   :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:14 am »
I'm lost.

Guys, what should I do?

I hope this doesn't mean you'll treat me as some kind of permanently lower caste because of this. I'm genuinely trying to get along, it's just that I'm not a freaking saint.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2011, 03:56:31 pm »
Well, it appears you've made a new civilization. I know that as much as I try, I've kind of hit a wall with the Bino. Try woking on that new race a bit. Just let your mind run with the idea! Eventually you'll get more ideas! Just don't give up!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2011, 04:11:16 pm »
Tone it down a bit. Keep your technological boundaries clearly defined, and work within them. Make sure you know exactly what the culture, politics, economy, and all that are like. Big names and big structures aren't everything. Why not give us a slice of everyday life for an ordinary person in those big unpronounceable cities?

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2011, 06:25:49 pm »
good good.
this is more just my general advice I've been working on. I do go through these things every once in a while to make sure I'm keeping up.

despite what I said, I do appreciate the occasional cool over the top god or machine thing as much as the next guy (I made Hnangha liquefies planets after all, and Thuli more or less a sleeping elder god).
the important thing is to give them presence; narrative impact in every form. otherwise they don't get the respect they deserve as a force of nature. (sorry if thats a bit ambiguous wording, I'm doing my best to communicate feel)

moving on to people, one thing I do is make them human, then check what I get. this takes off the 'bells and whistles' (which I love and are tons of fun) and then I see how well they stand on their culture. judge them not on their rail guns and Semi-organic exoskeletons, but on their hearts and minds. (this applies to individual characters as well, of course.)

and you do put a lot of effort into this. we like you for that.
and thats all I could think of. it's a little rushed and tailored to my specific tastes, but what.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!