Author Topic: [RG] The Orealyianis  (Read 55969 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: [RG] Orealyianis
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2010, 04:41:50 am »
Is there a code for planetary wildlife being hostile?

That would perhaps fall into the realm of Code Green.  :)

Question, how does the OM maintain there huge military if so much money go to ORITS?

Interesting question that, so I might as well make it a full-blown update.  ;D

Thanks for inspiring me, Lush!  ;)

Brain Over Brawn: Military Amplification, The Orealyianis Way

Statistically speaking, the Orealyianis Armed Forces has one of the smallest standing armies of any major galactic power. However, in application, their extensive use of different forms of force multipliers more than make up for it. These force multipliers are...

Technology, Strategy and Diplomacy.

Technology is by far one of the two, if not the greatest force multiplier available to the Monarchy. Due to the massive amount of funds being siphoned into ORIST, whose budget can be considered as bordering the level of a full-blown techno-cult, it is in possession of massive financial leverage. This purchasing power is then given actual form through the Institute's numerous scientific advancements, which in turn gives birth to a plethora of experimental weaponry, most of which have since been approved for full-time use in the Orealyianis Armed Forces; The greatest example of which would probably be the Super-Dimensional Fortress OMS Vara Orealyianis.

Additionally, the Orealyianis Monarchy's primary exports are almost universally of technological nature, almost all of which are, in fact, mostly developed by ORIST. This has made Bisiriadne one of the primary go-to places for the latest in gadgets and consumer technology, which in turn rake in more money for the military to spend in their continued operation.

In summary, the cash flowing into ORIST eventually end up either in the lavishly tech-boosted military, or the thriving technological division of the Orealyianis business sector, which pretty much translates into more money.

Strategy also plays a major role in the function of the Military. The Armed Forces is not alien to the idea of constantly redistributing overseas forces between different parts of the galaxy, ensuring that no tax is wasted by stationing soldiers in overly-guarded territory. This partially self-imposed need to extensively manage entire strategic formations has lead to a military that is extremely well versed in swift and agile reorganization of troops across vast swaths of space, lessening the need for additional standing forces, which then translates to more money being saved, which can in turn be used on ORIST to further advance the gear of the both the common, and elite, Orealyianis soldier or pilot.

An interesting thing to note about the Orealyianis Monarchy is that, unlike most powers who have a large number of high-priority military targets, the nation only has but one primary weak-point, Athanatsu. This has lessened the strain a bit on the Orealyianis Military as it meant that most extra-system losses would only constitute partially terraformed military outposts, at best. This has created an interesting balancing act between the Military projecting its power across the galaxy, and protecting Athanatsu, the only place that they could collectively call their home.

Diplomacy is perhaps the most well known trait of the Orealyianis Armed Forces. Having a large network of both official, and unofficial, allies, it has more than routinely used this to its advantage by coordinating with foreign military forces to defeat a large number of its adversaries, one of the most recent examples of which would be the Core-Combine First Contact War.

The most obvious contemporary military alliance that the Monarchy has would have to be none other than the Galactic Protection Agency. This however, is not the best example of the nation's way of creating strong, seemingly unbreakable bonds with its allies, which would have to be the Sector Protection Agency, a more local organization with a network of ties consistently proven to be far tighter than that of its larger, galactic cousin.

Despite all of this compensation, it does not mean that, when challenged alone, the Orealyianis Armed Forces is never a match for any other galactic armed force. The Orealyianis Monarchy is more than capable of holding its own against another power; Though admittedly, not nearly as effectively as if the nation and its brethren were to, hand-in-hand, stand their ground together.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »
If we're going to be going to war with the infamous "Them", could we get some ships and stoof so we know what we're up against?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2010, 10:54:38 pm »
Sure. I'll have 'em up some time soon.

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2010, 04:41:14 pm »
A question ont the race. How does a group that worships a law of equality come to terms with having a monarchy, an enherently unequal.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2010, 08:12:05 pm »
Maybe they don't have interest in running a democracy? A monarchy isn't a bad thing at all if the ruler isn't a tyrant.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2010, 08:16:09 pm »
I think Yuu said that Orealyianis are biologically designed to be a monarchy.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2010, 07:58:00 pm »
Bingo.

Orealyianis usually define equality as the equilibrium between a creature's rights and responsibilities.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »
Not to blow open a plot hole, But I have a very strong feeling the Orealanis are some deep-seeded, long in the works slave race of the Nameless. Which, in all honesty, would be completely and totally awesome beyond all explanation.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »
Probably are.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2010, 09:41:28 pm »
Oh my god that explains SO MUCH!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2010, 05:54:08 am »

? ? ?

Hmm...

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2010, 07:18:19 am »
And that is...?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »
Try imagining who could be the ones behind the silhouettes.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2010, 01:56:39 pm »
I don't think I need to think about it. I think... ???

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2010, 11:41:49 pm »
That was, mildly confusing...