Author Topic: Grox Paraphernalia! (for those of you wondering, that's not a dirty word)  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 05:49:25 pm by Mighdas »

Offline NGW

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Hub
Re: Grox Paraphernalia! (Could be a spoiler, at a stretch)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 05:48:04 pm »
Awesome, great work.

=^-^=

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Grox Paraphernalia! (for those of you who are wondering, that is not a dir)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 05:49:40 pm »
I still think Maxis could have done a better job of making the galaxy's main villains.. tried to make them scary or something..

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Grox Paraphernalia! (for those of you wondering, that's not a dirty word)
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 05:57:32 pm »
They should have taken more of a cue from Star Trek with the borg. but just borg parts alone doesn't make it scary and it doesn't help the fact that the creature itself is a little bit cute. It should have been uglier, which actually might have pushed the rating a little.

Offline Mighdas

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Cybertronian God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 06:26:46 pm »
I think that it was meant to be an Anti-Climax...

*beep*
COMM: Incoming transmission from the Grox Empire
Captain: Oh damn, not them. Their the scourge of the galaxy! Oh, I need a drink...
Lieutenant: Bring in a visual!
*Grox pilot appears*
Grox Pilot: Who dares enter Grox terr-
Captain: (Drink sprays out of his mouth, he falls out of his chair) Ha! You're the Grox? The scourge of the galaxy? The Ultimate Evil? the Machine Empire? I have a pet more dangerous than you! Why, I'd bet tha-
*Visual blinks off*
Captain: What the-
*Grox ship fires Mega Proton Missile*

--THE END--
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 06:29:46 pm by Mighdas »

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 07:47:45 pm »
I already had 'em on my profile. ::)

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 07:49:08 pm »
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500113763129
Say hello to the Grox of the darkness!

I originally thought they were eyeball/lizard/robot fusions with spiked helmets and ray guns that could turn organic matter into writhing sludge.

Offline Bellum

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 11:00:49 pm »
I thought they actually looked pretty dangerous with that red glow and the mean expression. The png doesn't do them justice.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 12:01:49 am »
Really, you expected scary villains in a Maxis game? The scariest thing I've ever seen in a Maxis game was that tip-toeing bear from The Sims that raided your trash. And that wasn't even "Hide me, I am experiencing fear!" scary, that was just '"rrr, okay... Were you intoxicated, or... o.0" scary.

But I like the Grox. I started a whole new species in Space just to go see them. I would ally with them, but I don't like the whole 'war with everyone' thing, especially as unsupportive as allies are. But then again, I could watch them sit around and wiggle their adorable little ears...
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 12:29:16 am »
The Grox would make a good toy for people to cuddle :P

We should definetly be able to use grox parts.

whenever i try to edit grox it says "this creation uses spore parts that are not installed"

Offline Neini

• Akalabeth Addict
  • BUNNY SMASH PUNY HUMANS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 08:34:43 am »
Remember that science v.s. cute debate they had?

It looks like cute won.

But it's not impossible to make a creature scary/creepy. Just look at my corpsite series!

I want a grox toy too

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 08:50:06 am »
Maxis could make piles of cash selling stuffed Spore animals. I bet the Grox would be a top seller, too. They just look like they're trying to be so mean, but you know that deep down they just want to cuddle... With a knife.

But I think that the whole 'This Creature uses Parts that are not Installed' thing pretty much proves that cyborgs will be available in the future. I think the reason they didn't ship in the vanilla game is because that would just be so much content... Think of Spore as a plot of land; it's there to be built onto.

I'm not sure if that's such a good thing, though... When they ship cyborgs and aquatics and who knows what else, those will become all the rage, and your galaxy will flood with them.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 10:35:48 am »
Maxis could make piles of cash selling stuffed Spore animals. I bet the Grox would be a top seller, too. They just look like they're trying to be so mean, but you know that deep down they just want to cuddle... With a knife.

But I think that the whole 'This Creature uses Parts that are not Installed' thing pretty much proves that cyborgs will be available in the future. I think the reason they didn't ship in the vanilla game is because that would just be so much content... Think of Spore as a plot of land; it's there to be built onto.

I'm not sure if that's such a good thing, though... When they ship cyborgs and aquatics and who knows what else, those will become all the rage, and your galaxy will flood with them.

That message PROVES that more parts will be added :D

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 05:50:32 pm »

That message PROVES that more parts will be added :D

Well why would it say the parts weren't installed yet if the parts won't eventually be installed?
I say NO! to all limits.