Author Topic: The Glitch Thread  (Read 18398 times)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
The Glitch Thread
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »
I've decided to just make a general topic about all of the glitches in Spore.

Here is the list:
  • Sometimes when you save a creature, its' .png looks all screwy and the creation platform is seen, and sometimes, it looks like there is snow covering them.
  • In the space phase, my empire color suddenly changed from cyan to yellow.
  • When you leave a terraformed planet but then come back to it, it returns to its' previous state (i.e., water disappears).
  • Some circles (i.e., the spot where you select an area with) stay on one world, but some target circles appear on all worlds after they appear.

Post any more glitches you know so Maxis can fix them. If there is already a glitch topic, you are more than welcome to merge this one.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:59:24 am by Ichthyostega »

Ichthyostega

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
Re: The Glitch Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:52:08 pm »
I keep seeing the red angry face over the star in the system view, when I leave one of my planets/systems.

I've seen that too. When I went and looked at their relation to me, I had a small "refused to pay tribute" hit.  ???

I ran into a very strange bug in creature phase not too long ago. All along the planet, it was like there were invisible walls everywhere that I couldn't walk past. Just getting back to my nest felt like going through an invisible maze, and I kept getting stuck trying to reach fossils. It was so frustrating ... they were so close ... and yet, so far away ...

The invisible walls went away when I saved, quit, and re-loaded the game.

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:54:51 pm »
I actually paid an Empire a Tribute once and then they immediately popped another message up saying they were going to war with me for not paying them, when I just HAD paid them. Lol!
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:06:53 pm »
I keep seeing the red angry face over the star in the system view, when I leave one of my planets/systems.

I've seen that too. When I went and looked at their relation to me, I had a small "refused to pay tribute" hit.  ???

I don't think I can pay a tribute to my own colonies.

Oh, your own species? See, I randomly get an angry face over OTHER empire systems for no reason. Never once got a message demanding tribute, no reason why they should get ticked off at me. Wasn't sure if it was, like, a set thing with some empire philosophies, or if it was a bug.

Angry face with your own empire, though, can't say I've seen THAT one.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 09:07:29 pm »
means they are striking because they dont have enough entertainment
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Koronii

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 09:44:47 pm »
I keep seeing frowny faces flying from my own colonies, and one of my empires changed its color from gray to green.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »
I don't know why, but lately my game has been simply closing to desktop, no crash message, nothing, just boom to desktop.

Also, for some reason, my computer has been acting wierd today what with the start menu opening by itself and microsoft outlook kept starting up. I uninstalled that so that it would stop. It may or may not be a related problem.

Edit: I decided to remove that super high graphics mod that was on there because that didn't really seem to be doing anything anyways and it might help somewhat
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:35:14 pm by smjjames »

Offline LXIndustries

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 11:12:41 pm »
Wow, I thought I was just losing my mind, but yeah, all mine are now yellow, which sucks.

Also some of the moving parts on my sporpedia vehicles have gone nutters and are all lines, dunno, its weird, happened when I used the 'paint like' button.

Offline Bama

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 01:10:19 am »
The game crashes randomly all the time in Space mode

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 01:52:40 am »
To fix the snow coating on creatures problem, remove their coat.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 02:17:36 am »
Your color of your nest, tribe, civ and empire is equally to the second color of your creature. And since you can chage the color of your creature in the assecoires editors, the color of your empire etc. will also change.
So, did you change your color of your creature/clothes in the editor?
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline LXIndustries

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 04:26:36 am »
Well I can't speak for others, but I know I left the colour as it was.

The change only happened when I saved, exited, and then started the game again, and it was not everytime, but randomly, and then the colour is permanent (until changed in the clothes editor i think).

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 08:50:21 am »
  • Sometimes, when I enter the Creature Editor, the game freezes.

And about the messed-up .pngs:

This is very annoying and needs to be fixed.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 10:18:03 am by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 01:22:08 pm »
I just had an extreme glitch.I died in the creature phase and so I tried to skip the movie by pressing Esc.I must hve pressed it too fast because instead of going to my nest and becoming a new creature,the camera stayed with my body and acted like I was still alive.Nothing was happening so I had to start over without saving.I wasnt too far along in the stage so it was no big deal.This is the first time its happened to me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Offline barneyzhen

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 01:54:40 pm »
I just had an extreme glitch.I died in the creature phase and so I tried to skip the movie by pressing Esc.I must hve pressed it too fast because instead of going to my nest and becoming a new creature,the camera stayed with my body and acted like I was still alive.Nothing was happening so I had to start over without saving.I wasnt too far along in the stage so it was no big deal.This is the first time its happened to me. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes. Same glitch, except in the Space Stage. I tried everything. Even destroying the coloney that spawned me (Tools still worked). The Return Ticket superpower fixed it... Well... At least I didn't have to loose almost 3 hours of progress...
Maxis needs to fix this though. Also, in theroy this could happen in Cell Stage too...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:57:14 pm by barneyzhen »