Author Topic: The Paomal.  (Read 4026 times)

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
The Paomal.
« on: September 26, 2008, 02:53:17 pm »

These are the Paomal.They are one of the species that has evolved to the Space way of life within 6 billion years since that fateful day when that meteor crashed into the sea of planet Racus:

The Paomal have changed greatly over time,from a white cell with a proboscis,eyes on stalks,and jets,to a blue bipedal creature with suction feet,to a moss colored creature with antlers,hooves,dextrous hands,with a horn on its backside and a trunk on its mouth.

They have watched the heavens ever since they could see them; the first thing they saw on land was the horizon with the setting moon of Almetus.This few minutes of life would lead to inspiration for thousands of years of life.

When they sleep,their stalk eyes rest in the pits of their antlers,which are also used for charging at an enemy.While their knees are weak in comparison to their other traits,their hooves give them excellent traction,allowing them to climb steep hills.

Their horns on their backsides are normally only used in mating rituals,yet can be used if a predator were to follow them.

Once these creatures had reached ascension into the depths of space,they were amazed.

They decided to continue most of their ways,which were to gather what they could, and to defend the innocent,befriend the kind,and to help the universe as long as they could.

They are herbivores,yet get very aggressive when defending the rights and life of the deserving.

These are the Paomal.Enjoy. ;D

Also,here is a drawing by Kenotai that shows the Paomal: Its a great drawing and needs to be appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 03:06:27 pm by SwirlAbg »

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
Re: The Paomal.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 03:10:07 pm »
Ask TAA to draw you a picture. Everyone loves pictures.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:47:36 pm »
In my time of lurking, I havent been paying much attention to names.Who is TAA? Also,if TAA sees this, then i'd like you to draw me a picture. ;D

edit:Nvm, just figured out its the stickied thread at teh top for drawing.Anyway,didnt check it out before.Thanks.  :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:54:33 pm by SwirlAbg »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:00:51 pm »
You should put up the pic I did for you, since people seem to like drawn creatures more than Spore CC made ones.  You can still keep up what you already have, though.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 03:00:05 pm »
I like it. :) Good job on the Paomal. ;)
Good GAWD, yellow oceans?! Holy crap, they must be contaminated or something! That means they contain...*calculates*...something in them. I don't know, I'd have to look through my textbooks to find out. :(

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 03:03:59 pm »
You should put up the pic I did for you, since people seem to like drawn creatures more than Spore CC made ones.  You can still keep up what you already have, though.

this was before (or was it?I have no sense of time) you made it. ill put it up now. :P

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:19:19 pm »
Sorry for double posting, but I've seen it be done in other creature threads, so here goes:

Religion

The Paomal's Religion is known as Doppism.

It is based on two entities,the "good" and "bad". The "good" is known as "Wy",and the bad is known as "Putt". They aren't exactly good and bad, more of left and right on a scale. Wy gives good events,such as abundance of food or natural wonders,while Putt creates disasters and droughts.This is what causes the balance in nature and the ecosystem.They believe in evolution,as Wy and Putt did not create them.They believe that the galaxy is of need of balance,and can be helped by anyone who truly wants to.They believe peace can not be achieved by everyone, and wars DO have to be fought, when someone does not deserve their existence.They value intelligence over most other virtues,and love to understand the universe.

Edit:I will be updating this soon,after a bit.Expect some more stuff later.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 03:45:03 pm »
Great thread.

And now I know what omegatripod was talking about. :o

Very pretty ocean. I haven't gotten a yellow ocean on my homeworld even once. :)

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 10:31:01 am »
((Planet Racus thanks you for your positive (?) comments on it's oceans.))

NOW FOR A NEW CATEGORY:
Planet Racus

Name: Racus
Type: Lush grasslands/light forest
Size: About 1.5 times the size of Earth.
Rotation(day): 2 Earth days.
Revolution(year): 250 earth days.
Temperature(Average): Lowest: -10 F, Highest: 70 F
Seasons: Either Winter or Spring conditions,all year.
Moons: One large moon,Almetus.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:00:07 am by SwirlAbg »

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:05 pm »
Culture

Domesticated Animals

These are the Makonet,basically the Paomal's pet. It is quite common in Paomal households,much like dogs.Makonet in the Paomal language literally means "Friend".They are normally loving and defending, and will usually not attack without being provoked unless they are the Desert Makonet,which attacks quite often when alone or injured.There are currently 4 known Makonet species, Which are: The House Makonet,the Desert Makonet, the Mountain Makonet, and the Spotted Makonet.Each is easily told apart from the others, making telling the exact species very easy.All 4 species tend to play fight with others of their kind.The Makonet's basic diet consists of  the most commonly herded animal,The Turnta, and the various fish found on planet Racus.

These are the Quals. They are less common than the Makonet,but this is not because they are any less good than the Makonet.It is because they are a rarity,and are valuable to many pet lovers.Their name in Paomal means literally "Blue one".This also applies when referring to certain  ranks of their army, distinguished by uniform color.There is only currently 1 known Quals species, the Spire Quals.They are Spire Quals because they generall love high places, and are usually found perched on the tip of a tree , when they are not on the ground, or flying. One Quals Family takes up at least half a tree, depending on the size of the family.This is not bad because while Racus may have large plains/grasslands, and light forests, there are MANY trees scattered around,and Quals can also nest in small patches of shrubs.They only attack when attacked (this only applies to the Paomal),and eat many insects and small ground mammals.

These are the Paomal's equivalent to a cow or a sheep. It's fur rapidly grows up until summer, when it turns a rich brown color.
They come in 3 varieties: White Furred,Reverse Colored, or Yellow Furred.They all provide milk and fur.The fur is made into a soft cloth named Sceep, with the qualities of polyester and wool mixed.The milk is sold from all 3 varieties, as White, Black, and Gold.Sceep is a very profitable market, which has made it suscetible to scamming using dye and other methods.In the third Racus year after Sceep became a major trade substance, the executive offices of Racus signed many agreements to check all Sceep sold through any transaction, excluding those not including Paomal Currency.(I'll get to currency later.)Generally, Yellow Furred Sceep is worth the most, and this varies between subspecies,such as the Sun-furred yellow, and the Orange Yellow-furred.All Paomal ceremonial garbs are made with a blend of each type of sceep, from the Basic White-Furred to the Golden Tuft-Furred.

End of Domesticated Animals.

((Coming Soon))

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 04:23:27 pm »
What hapened to these guys? I liked them! :'( They were one of the first species I RP'd with. SwirlAgb, if you are reading this, then update NOW. I need them. :(