Author Topic: Silverfish's Spore Stuff  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
Silverfish's Spore Stuff
« on: September 25, 2008, 04:36:07 pm »
Well, I suppose I should finally make myself one of these...

First;

The Petaw

(Current)

This was the first creature I came up with...surprised me a bit. Really wasn't what I had 'planned' all the time I was waiting for the game. But I really like how they turned out.

The Petaw are a mostly friendly, somewhat quirky race, with a distinctive proboscis for a mouth. They're diplomatic creatures interested in trading and money in general. They used to be a bit more friendly, but having been beaten up constantly(for reals...) in tribal times, they learned money(or spice...or whatever) could be much more trustworthy.
(May write more if anyone seems intersted...lazy now...)

Anyways, here's some stuff they make;

(Meh...some of these are mediocre, but I was still getting used to the editors at the time.)

Alright, umm...buildings.

Despite their fun-loving nature and leafy, natural appearance, Petawian architecture tends to be a bit on the industrial, business-like side.

The Central Citadel(I'm bad at names on the spot....> >)

This is their city hall, where every single thing that happens around it is carefully monitored, making sure everything is smooth and productive. It's a fairly ominous-looking building...

Executive Quarters

This is what typical housing looks like. Although lacking much color or shape, these homes are pretty nice on the inside.

The Box

The Box is where Petaws go to find entertainment, something extremely important to them. The Box's various facilities are some of the most expensive, loud, and high-tech building that Petawian cities make. It has pretty much any form of fun you could think of. Because of these, citizen Petaws are usually very much happy.

Assembly Plant

And then there are the factories...the Petaws hate hard work so much, they don't even bother to give these places creative names or anything. Though incredibly efficient, no Petaw likes to work, and so these aren't usually found in great numbers.

More to come...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:17:13 pm by Silverfish »

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
Re: Silverfish's Spore Stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 04:42:27 pm »
I like em! Their design has a nice personality. =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 05:02:27 pm »
Yeah, I noticed that too. I didn't even mean to, really. I was just going with the parts a found. ;P

Edit: Also, just updated with buildings.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:17:42 pm by Silverfish »

Offline SwirlAbg

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Whee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 08:40:08 pm »
These are pretty cool. ;D
I would love to see these guys ingame.
This format makes me think i should use this structure for my Paomal. :)
Look forward to seeing your other creations :)

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 02:16:38 pm »
Woo for positive comments. Anyways...

Here's some of the Petaw's vehicles;

Economic

The Cargo Express(Very creative name. > >)

This is one of the Petaw's most widely used vehicles. It's basically like a semi truck and is remarkably speedy.

The Barjer

Not much to say about this one. It's pretty much just a barge used to ship things across oceans.

Military

Pesty Tank

When the Petaws realized not everyone in their race was interested in business, they came up with this small, simple tank. Despite it's size and basic function, it works quite well against violent war mongers and crazy religious nuts alike.

Warbarge

This is basically the Petaw's cargo ship, but with destructive bits stuck on. (Also has no engines, because I forgot them at the time...d'oh...)

Rainmaker

This thing is one the Petaw's scariest and most destructive machines. It's like a giant cloud, except made of metal  and guns, which are all on the underside. It floats over cities and rains down fire, which is kinda how it got its name. The Petaws really don't like being picked on, and this slightly overpowered airship shows that.

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 07:25:27 pm »
Something a bit more random for a moment...

I made this when I was bored in the creator. Um. It's really tall. And stripy.

Tallstik

Its stats are actually not too bad...

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »
Any chance we'd see the Petaws in the RG, SF? :) ;)

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 10:22:41 pm »
Hmm...maybe. We'll see how I do with one race before trying to juggle several at once. > >

Offline Silverfish

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 06:28:44 pm »
And here's the Petaws' spaceship.

Wanderer

The Wanderer is a fairly small ship, with a fairly simple and practical design. At first it was mainly a research-centric vehicle, with graspers, etc. However,  once the Petaws realized space wasn't all that friendly, they tacked a few weapons on it.