0 (0%)
B
0 (0%)
C
0 (0%)
D
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Spore, for the BBS  (Read 66824 times)

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Spore, for the BBS
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2005, 02:56:49 pm »
kay, here's my scenario: you evolve a faster, sleeker body which enables you to either run from the sheeviches, or ram them with more momentum to break their tough scales.  you then evolve to ram your egg-laden body directly inside the sheevich without killing it.  the eggs hatch within your body and eat first you, then the sheevich.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2005, 03:07:40 pm »
Sam fisher eh. So it has an eye on a stalk that can go under doors, that sort of thing?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2005, 03:15:10 pm »
that sounds like the natural progression for a parasite.
I have been told

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2005, 03:19:16 pm »
hey Holstien, you forgot to give Jedimutant the credit as she's the one who introduced it over there on Gamefaqs and made it popular.

I'm sure its fine for you to do this game, but you shoulda given credit.

Offline Jedimutant

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2005, 07:31:16 pm »
Don't worry about it Smjjames.... While I would have liked to be credited for this, I'm not going to get seriously cheesed off because of it.
Now Playing; Sid Meier's Pirates! Pokemon Emerald. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: MasterQuest.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2005, 07:54:00 pm »
i'm reading the thread on gamefaqs right now.  no offense, but they seemed to get pretty messed up and ungainly when they went to land.
I have been told

Offline Jedimutant

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2005, 08:22:00 pm »
Hey now.

It was not my fault they decided to give the Percusa stupid facial tentacles....
Now Playing; Sid Meier's Pirates! Pokemon Emerald. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: MasterQuest.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2005, 08:34:51 pm »
not flaming or anything, though you might have made an option to simply have the tentacles folded or retracted when not in use.  the real trouble was when they became fish salamander cat beavers.  i just watched a show on animal planet called "world's ugliest animals".  anyway, you seem to be going the right way around the 30's, with the arboreal proto-birds.

i'll update when i'm done reading.

edit: apparently you have created dragons.  nice work.  i'm on page 42.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 08:54:06 pm by Leng »
I have been told

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2005, 06:30:22 am »
The results stand at

A=3
B=2
C=1
D=4,

So we're moving over to the lake.

A large amount of these fish stayed at the lake, doomed to remain beneath the Sheevich, never to taste the light of lucid thought. We will not follow these fish.

Instead we will follow a tiny group of these fish that travel upstream. This group includes the sons and daughters of the 'heroine' mentioned last post, equipped with the dominant gene of horns. This group takes several generations to make it to the lake, their stupidity pushing their progress back a bit. Eventually some these fish evolve a better sense of identity. They form into a group and fend off attacks from their idiotic bretheren. The group then easily gets into the lake, all with head horns and in a somewhat organized group to boot.

So now they're in a freshwater lake with no competition for food. But they do have to compete with the Teshfe, whose ancient breeding grounds have been disturbed. These crawling insects have a unique way of consumption; a hibiscus attached to a long, armored 'artery' that can be fired, sucked from and then withdrawn. They use this as an advantage against the newcomers by mounting themselves onto floating plants attached to the ground via cords. Our fish currently have no defense against these long-ranged attacks. This is about to change.

A:Allow the horn to be fired like a speargun.
B:Give the fish the ability to jump and dislodge the Teshfe from their mount.
C:Create a set of sharp teeth with enzymes that when injected into that plant's cord, superheats said plant and incinerates the pad above.
D:Camoflauge the fish to a dark greenish color and eat the Teshfe's eggs stealthily by night.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2005, 06:45:16 am »
I say D because they have a better chance of making the Teshfe extinct that way.

But how did the fish get smarter? That wasn't really an option for the last set of choices.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2005, 06:56:40 am »
yeah, i think you should keep mental and social progress very slow unless we opt for it.

now then, taking this from the perspective of the the fish's sentient dna*...

a gives us a ranged attack, yet the horn can be lost if the cord snaps.  also it puts us on an evolutionary track towards specialization without real development.

b gives away our presence to potentially more dangerous creatures.

c seems to require intelligence without causing it's growth...

d is fitting with our nocturnal habits, and increases the protein in our diet without requiring advanced jaw structure.  since we will still be able to feed on plants, this will enable us to kill or drive away our primary enemy while maintaining a plentiful food supply. 
I have been told

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2005, 07:11:22 am »
But how did the fish get smarter? That wasn't really an option for the last set of choices.

Because things like large-scale cannibalism will hinder progress towards the lake. It'll all be one cycle where the fish get ahead but then they get eaten by one of their own.

Offline Leng

• !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2005, 07:20:33 am »
in that case, there should be NO option for increased intelligence.  instead we take other options and they either enhance our intelligence or make us stagnant.  in this case we are moving to a new environment.  note that the movement to land dramatically increased intelligence, and the similar movement back into the water enhanced the intelligence of the cetaceans.  in this case though, the environment is basically similar.  cannibalism should be phased out by a smaller environment in which you're more likely to meet your close relatives, and more importantly, where there aren't any other fish.  HOWEVER i don't see their intelligence advancing much farther than "this is your own kind, so don't eat it" for the time being.
I have been told

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2005, 07:35:55 am »
not flaming or anything, though you might have made an option to simply have the tentacles folded or retracted when not in use.  the real trouble was when they became fish salamander cat beavers.  i just watched a show on animal planet called "world's ugliest animals".  anyway, you seem to be going the right way around the 30's, with the arboreal proto-birds.

i'll update when i'm done reading.

edit: apparently you have created dragons.  nice work.  i'm on page 42.

yea, they are dragon-like, without the firebreathing and different shaped heads and barely a neck.

anyway, I agree with Leng, D goes in line with the nocturnal habits so I'll vote for D.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2005, 07:42:20 am »
Because things like large-scale cannibalism will hinder progress towards the lake. It'll all be one cycle where the fish get ahead but then they get eaten by one of their own.

Isn't this supposed to be like Spore? If I tell my creature to move into a new lake in Spore, it's not going to automatically get a bigger brain because it thinks it should eat its own species. The only abilities that should be affected should be the ones that are choices.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe