Author Topic: The Evil Dead -- Groovy~  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
The Evil Dead -- Groovy~
« on: March 24, 2005, 10:02:38 am »
I recently ran through all three of the Evil Dead films for the first time.

I really enjoyed the second film, while the third film really fleshed out Ash as a character -- well, more of a badass than a character. :)

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: The Evil Dead -- Groovy~
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:20:13 pm »
I watch all 3 about once every 2 weeks I LOVE THOSE films and recommend Bruce's Biography "if chins could kill: confessions of a B movie actor"
I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 09:02:41 pm »
Yeah, Evil Dead 2 is one of my top 10 favorite movies.  Very funny.  1st one was okay, so was the 3rd but the 2nd was kick ass.

Rumors were going around of a Freddy vrs. Jason vrs. Ash, the movie companies reported on it and they wanted to make it.  But, the creator of Ash (can't remember his name) was probably 85% sure of not letting it go through, they didn't want to screw with Ash's character.  Ah well, I would really like to see Bruce Campbell portray Ash again... I can always dream, eh?
XYZZY!

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 04:36:14 am »
Yeah the talks of A Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movie are completely done. Sam Raimi said he does not want to lose control of Ash. But a remake of the original is in the works. this will not star Bruce Campbell or be directed by Raimi so i am not to excited about it. Although Raimi has said that when filming of Spider-Man 3 is done he would like to direct an Evil Dead 4 starring Bruce as and aging Ash who must once again fight demons who show up in his hometown (sorta like the Ps2 Game Fistfull of Boomstick)

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 05:09:07 pm »
If you liked those I suggest you check out Alien Apocolypse on the Sci-Fi channel. It's one of their "original movies" starring Bruce Campbell.

An interesting story: I was watching the credits for I-Robot making fun of the names like I always do, when I saw the name "Bruce Campbell". Naturally me and my friends are like what the heck he wasn't in this movie! Oh, well. He must be in every movie some form or another is what we thought. So the next movie we went to we looked for his name again. Nope, no "Bruce Campbell" but there was a "Kevin Campbell" so we changed our opinion and decided there must be a "Campbell" in every movie. Well this isn't 100% true, but there's a "Campbell" in atleast 9/10 movies. So now we enjoy hunting "Campbell's" during the credits. Constantine had two!
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 06:14:39 pm »
If you liked those I suggest you check out Alien Apocolypse on the Sci-Fi channel. It's one of their "original movies" starring Bruce Campbell.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that movie. It was playing on the Sci Fi channel a few days ago I think. Did anyone see it? It looked totally campy and tons of fun.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 06:18:28 pm »
I was out of town at the time, but it looked like a true blue Bruce Cambell B Film. In other words it looked great. He's got this magical way to making sucking good.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 06:45:30 pm »
It is an art

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 10:00:58 pm »
The B in "B class film" stand for Bruce!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 05:19:10 am »
The Evil Dead 2 was my favorite.. loved the humor in with the gore.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 09:36:22 am »
The bit I saw of Alien Apocalypse made me cringe somewhat.  And I love cheese.  If you want to see Bruce Campbell being awesome, I recommend these: Brisco County Junior, Jack of all Trades (both are for tv but can be seen every now and then on cable), Asault on Dome 4 (wonderfully cheesy sci-fi movie where Bruco is the evil villain) and Icebreakers.  Icebreakers was a sub-par Sean Astin movie about a ski-resort that's taken hostage but it is one of the best acting jobs you will ever see coming out of Mr. Campbell.  I mean, I was blown away.  Some might remember it as the movie Bruco shaved his head for.  If you can see it, do.  If  you can see it without paying money, even better.  Other than that, Evil Dead 2 is genius and people need to listen to the audio commenary on the Army of Darkness director's cut dvd.  Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell making fun of each other for an hour and a half.  What more could this girl ask for.  -leeman

ps.  Not a girl.  No "pics plz" for you.

Offline Tal

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Farm boy
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 01:35:11 pm »
I agree with the statements here, Evil Dead is one of the coolest movie franchises to date. While I liked the original Evil Dead for being mostly straight-up horror, the second and third are just brilliant in their combination of humor and gore. Sam Raimi definetly knows how to do over-the-top, and do it well. Case in point: the fountain of blood in Army of Darkness. Ghoulishly funny, right?

Also, yes they are remaking Evil Dead, and the last I heard, Ashton Kutcher was to play Ash, though that'll hopefully change. They could've butchered any other franchise, from Indiana Jones to Jaws, and I wouldn't have cared, but taking Evil Dead and remaking it...it's...it's...like blasphemy! These are dark days indeed for the movie industry, and I certainly hope this remake doesn't actually get made. Nobody can do Ash like Bruce Campbell, nobody.
There are some things mankind was not meant to know...

"If you can't take the heat, get off the car hood." -Bucky Katt

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 02:41:20 pm »
The best scene in the entire series is when Ash and all of the appliances in the house start laughing. I nearly fell over laughing from that.