Author Topic: Fable  (Read 6144 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Fable
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 06:29:28 pm »
I knew about the hero save thing on the area but I didn't want to cheat that much but once i finished the game i went out to the area where zombies constantly respawn used mana shield and a some mana regeranting upgrades and got my self an insanly high combat multiplier and spent my time swinging my sword like mad got heaps of point to max everything else out.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 06:33:24 pm »
One of the other things I'm noticing is that the game has auto save after each "mission". I like to be able to save at any point in a game, especially when I'm having trouble clearing a level. If anyone knows of a way to save during a level, let me know please.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 06:39:54 pm »
I think you can only do hero saves which don't save mission progress only XP so you do a hero get the xp level up and go again. As I mentioned before it's how I beat the rescue the guy level. I also got so many cool items because everytime I did the level I got all the items again so had plenty of everything.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 06:42:56 pm »
I noticed the Hero saves so I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 07:33:11 pm »
No worries although Hero saves can be a cheap way to level up.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 11:45:53 am »
i played it on xbox for a while, but i got bored of it. The character customizing capabilities was really neat, but somehow the game seemed shallow. If you become insanely god, you gained a halo, a white beam of light coming from heaven and butterflies around you. But that was only if you stood still. it went away if you moved at all. Just some things nagged on me. The fact that your character aged was neat. Though i thought he aged way too fast! of course you can always go to a temple and do something about that. I hated running around with a comb-over. The boasting part of the game added neat challenges, i did most of them wearing nothing. personally the concept was great, and they did a good job at trying, but somehow failed in my book.

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 12:45:13 pm »
I enjoyed Fable all the way through.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 10:29:12 am »
While i was playing fable i liked the idea that i was essentially creating my own story and even giving my character his own personality. By the time i got to Jack the magical Dragon (as i called him) (only in last Chapters) i really felt like i had created this really interesting person. Needless to say, i immediately saved and never picked up the game again, but it was fun.

Offline Rutilant

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 11:15:52 pm »
You know, if you sit through the painfully long credits, you get to continue to play after you've beaten Jack. :D

I first played Morrowind, though. After that level of customization, I could never really get the feeling that the character in Fable was my own.

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2006, 07:34:50 am »
If you have lost chapters, and u decide to wear the mask and sit through all the credits, your character will actually have the mask on! ^_^ of course it is stuck on permanently and you cant put anything else on your head, but you get to wear Jack's mask! So cool!

Offline krazyman

• Microvision Master
  • The Real Master Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2006, 09:03:40 pm »
I want Lost Chapters to come out for XBOX...

I have it for the xbox, good deal at only 20$ I like the new ending.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2006, 10:03:05 pm »
I played Fable for Xbox and really liked it. It was... interseting. I played through it with my good character (and killed that other girl in the Arena  ;D) adn that was fun. Then I got my evil character... that was so much funner. The best part was keeping that uber sword at the end. Yeeeah!
My favorite powers were the one's that summoned your little helpers, Ghost Sword and the Spirit minion thing. I upgraded my spirit minion all the way to those jackal-looking minion-mages. I also used the endless-zombie trick to get buttloads of experience. My Combat Multiplier got up to 300+ once. (Katana Hiryu = my favorite weapon besides the evil sword).

It's a good game. I am planning on getting the Lost Chapters for the PC. I am wondering how my computer will handle the graphics though.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2006, 10:49:42 pm »
So with Lost chapters is it just extra missions or something?

Offline Atari Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • >[insert catchy phrase here]<
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2006, 11:35:09 am »
Fable sounds cool, always wanted to play it. Reading everyones posts I decided I should give it a try.  :)

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2006, 02:01:48 pm »
So with Lost chapters is it just extra missions or something?

It's basically just four extra quests and some extra items. But the add-on to the story is worth it IMO. Plus, if you play your cards right, you get to wear jack's mask!!! (as described above)