Poll

Vote for the Head of Research and Development

Milika
Mon-Krai

Author Topic: -<The Galactic Trade Confederacy>- >GTC<  (Read 19173 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: -<The Galactic Trade Confederacy>- >GTC<
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 02:37:35 pm »
A hologram of a Mon-Krai lit up at one end of the Hall. Of all the Races that would be part of the GTC, the Mon-Krai were the second oldest, and the most technology advanced in the Confederacy. The Mon-Krai announced to the other Embassadors "Sorry for not showing up in person, fellow delegates. A remake of the Origanal 'The Curse Anew' was released, and our entire race was put on a standstill. However, we have managed to make time to send this Hologram over, however my time is limited, so let me get to buisiness.

Our first matter of importance is Intergration, I am asuming this treaty also allows Open Borders? If so, we should make it clear now weather we allow immagrants, for Open Borders create a swarm of Immagrants heading to the richer areas, while richer citezens will no Doubt buy huge tracks of land in poorer empires which need money, for their own Private ventures.

Secondly, we, the Mon-Krai, will take control of the Scientific and Technological Operations. No offense to the Milika, but we are a far more appropriate choice for the job, your race is young and un-experianced, we have a good million years worth of undisturbed reasearch from Pre-Space Age scientists. You spent a good few thousand years apon you planet before you met the Bliss of Space, correct? I do not mean offence, but you do not have the knowlage of the Scientific strength to lead the Confederacy's research.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2008, 03:30:19 pm »
((Check your spelling, your post was almost unreadable.))

Liuonomo spoke up, "It is not within your purview to decide who has which position.  The decision has already been made, you could have been punctual, but I guess the "great" Mon-Krai are above common courtesy.  Choose a different position, there are many more open ones."

« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:56:02 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2008, 04:45:36 pm »
The Suparan delegates had arrived and sat quietly watching the current debates. They would wait until everything was settled before they announced their problem for discussion.

In the meantime the Head Delegate, a highly esteemed Cerebrate, cut in to the conversation.

"If you wish for this trade confederacy to work, you should give the jobs to those most qualified. If you are to separate them into who wants what this venture will surely fail. Do not bicker over something as insignificant as this.

While we are speaking of heading separate departments, the Supara ask that they head a department or bureau specializing in the distribution of products. We believe we are most qualified because projected statistics show that most products will be consumed by the Suparan race. Along with this, we have a sizeable fleet set aside specifically for the movement of goods. While there is no doubt that each race will be able to transport their own goods, a single department that specializes in this area would do wonders to help the management of this trade union."

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2008, 04:51:52 pm »
"The Mon-Krai have not proven to be better than us yet, so until we falter or fail, the position should remain ours." Liuonomo was a little perturbed by this.  It was an invitation to better themselves, but all that happened was getting toyed with.

((You should be starting to see some dark clouds on the horizon.  The Milika are not to be toyed with.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:55:30 pm by Kenotai »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2008, 05:30:01 pm »
Roseko stood for a moment before speaking up.  "Please, please, there's no need for argument.  As I've said before, we are a democracy.  With the Mon-Krai putting themselves forward and what I interpreted as a second nomination from the Suparan delegate, the position of head of science and development must be put to a vote.  Feel free to confer among your fellow delegates as to whom you choose to support and then enter your vote into the console."

Roseko then turned to address the Goonal and Suparan.  "As for your requests, I agree with both of you in that what you have suggested is essential, and I belive you when you say you excel at your respective fields.  You are free to take charge of these things, but as they deal heavily with the management of trade itself, your sectors may at times fall under the jurisdiction of the trade administration headed up by the Xajorkithian."

"Finally, if there's no objections, I grant the Orealyianis their request in heading up Security.  Just for the record," he said, turning to the Orealyianis delegates, "is it planetside security that you are volunteering for or above world, monitoring the safety of the system and trade routes?"

((I'll try to get a poll up for the election of our Head of Development, and don't worry Kenotai, even if you lose the development sector, I'm sure you can hold onto the patenting, as that covers a bit of a different area.))

((EDIT: Running into a bit of trouble with the poll.  I'll ask LadyM if there's anyway to add a poll to an already created thread.  Until that gets sorted out, feel free to just PM me your votes.))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:38:31 pm by martyk »
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2008, 05:39:01 pm »
J'hok stands up. "I have no objections to that condition. Thank you, Chairman Roseko." J'hok then sits down.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2008, 11:37:36 pm »
((Check your spelling, your post was almost unreadable.))

((You've never seen TheMist's posts))

((Seriously, martyk, he can't just barge in here and take away what was already given.))

((I'm not taking it away, because I never intended to get the position in the first place, you need to learn the differance between RP actions and OOC actions))

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 10:23:45 pm »
     "Dear chairman Dendar, we are truly honored to serve as chief of GTC security. We will do our best to maintain a peaceful and constructive environment for all GTC members.", the Orealyian representative replied. "Regarding your question. We would like to manage both until a fleet is formally established. Truth be told, we are more familiar with dealing with encounters in space than on land, but until a planet-based defense force is established, we could take the responsibility of protecting both fields in the meantime."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 12:58:55 pm »
"We thank this council for the acceptance of our proposal. Our race and fleets shall be alerted and the movement of goods will commence as soon as they are ready for transport. I hope that these agreements will succeed in making us all wealthy beyond our wildest dreams!"

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 03:39:22 pm »
((Can we just say that I won at this point?  It has been a whole day so far.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 04:06:54 pm by Kenotai »

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »
((Yes, yes we can.))

As the results of the election came up on-screen, Roseko gave them a quick look-over before reporting.  "The votes are in and it has been decided that the Milika shall continue running the Department of Research and Development.  Now that that's settled, are there any other issues to bring up before we finish?" He turned towards the hologram of the Mon-Krai, "Would your people care to take control of some other sector in lieu of the one you wanted?"
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 02:25:59 am »
((Notice how there are more votes then there are members))

"It's a shame we can not put our knowlage to good use, however, I am not a bad loser, the Milika won fairly and I respect that. I would like to see my people in charge of the Department of Colonisation, our techniques have given several lifeless planets an atmosphere and given them huge cities in hours. And to the Orealyians, he have a good billion surplus Battle Droids which you may use until a ground force is established."

Offline Harlander

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 03:47:28 am »
"With respect to the esteemed Mon-Krai delegate," a Xajorkithian representative began in an obsequious tone, "We were not led to understand that the Confederation would be undertaking colonisation efforts in its own name. Would you be able to elaborate as to what you feel the role of the Colonization department entails?"
This is a public service announcement.

Lose: (v. intr) to fail to retain, preserve, maintain, sth.; to be defeated
Loose: (adj.) not firm, taut or rigid; free (v. intr) to make loose, undo

"If the guy-ropes are loose we'll lose the sail."
"Let loose the dogs of war! We will not lose!"
"A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 03:55:24 am »
"The Department of Colonisation manages the proper funding of the frontier planets, for example, making sure individual colonies do not soak up too much of their owner's funding, by managing the proper allowances by said Colony. We would also manage colonisation volentiers on Unified GTC planets, and advising member states on the best sector to start colonising"

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 04:23:38 am »
     "Much thanks, Mon-Krai. Rest assured we will put all of them them to good use.", the Orealyianis representative thanked the Mon-Krai for their contribution to the security force.

Turning towards the chairman, he begins to speak again. "Dear chairman, we agree with the Mon-Krai. Allowing the Mon-Krai manage a technologically based task such as the colonization efforts of the GTC would be a great decision, in our opinion."