Author Topic: "Random" events? Why do they keep happening at the same time?  (Read 4277 times)

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
"Random" events? Why do they keep happening at the same time?
« on: September 20, 2008, 09:22:20 pm »
Well, first off the game I'm referring to is using the Medium package mod from that one site, so the events are more reasonably spaced.  But I also updated to the latest patch, so I'm not sure if the mod is even still in effect or if the patch only affects new games.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet, so may it was just a fluke, but for a while there, all the random events kept happening at the same time.  All my allies would complain of being attacked and I'd either be attacked, pirated, or ecodisastered.  Now, it didn't help that those allies happened to be enemies, but I thought it was odd they kept just happening to attack each other's systems at the exact same time.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Is it something in the mod?

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
Re: "Random" events? Why do they keep happening at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:36 pm »
The same thing happens to me on easy and normal with a totally unpatched and unmodded game... Though i'd say the messages are usually 3 at at time.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:12:02 pm »
Yes, it seems that events happen all at once most of the time.
Before the patch, on my first space empire I had all the nearby empires as my allies, and I would often get about six messages all at once.
Usually they were something like this:

• Empire A is being attacked by Empire B, Go help them.
  • Empire B is being attacked by Empire A, Go help them.
  • Empire C is being attacked by Empire D, Go help them.
  • Empire D is being attacked by Empire C, Go help them.
  • Empire E is being attacked by Empire F, Go help them.
  • Empire F is being attacked by Empire E, Go help them.
  • There's an eco-disaster on one of your planets.

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:43:30 am »
The one I have seen quite a lot and its the one that can really screw up your game if you can't afford it is when 3 or more aggressive nations demand tribute simultaneously.  Whilst the patch has taken into account how much they ask for it just seems odd that they all ask at the same time.
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 05:05:02 am »
I've had similar experiences, though I don't have as much to protect since I've lost most of my empire so carelessly.  :-\

I tend to get kind of 'chains' of disasters and attacks though, as well as occasionally all at the same time things. for example, I'd clean up an attack on a colony world and then think, "Whew! Now to get back to what I was doing."

....Only to have another attack or an inbound message appear right away, hence the 'chain' of sorts. So it's not strictly simultaneous, but near enough as pretty much makes no odds.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Myshuno

• Zork Emperor
  • WAHOOOO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:15:57 am »
i think they do that on perpose so that you have to chose who to help. like if you help the one empire then they will become you allies and the other attacks you.
Right on

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:55:06 am »
Lolfase, I've been getting the opposite sorts of messages. Every 5 minutes, 5-7 empires message me wanting to be my allies or giving me 10,000 sporebucks. I played epically violent too. Why am I so loved?

Also, the patch could easily have modified the file in the package that you modded. You should check it out and and remod it if need be.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:59:40 am »
Lolfase, I've been getting the opposite sorts of messages. Every 5 minutes, 5-7 empires message me wanting to be my allies or giving me 10,000 sporebucks. I played epically violent too. Why am I so loved?
That's not love... That's fear!
Same sort of reaction I have to the Grox.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 10:17:02 am »
Awesome. That's the sort of AI interaction I'd like. Too bad it's not fear, I made them all like me by helping them, gifts, et cetera. It is love. You don't understand what it's like when we're alone!

Offline Monster

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 11:56:03 am »
Ok, What keeps happening:

In Tribal Stage My Creatures collect food then bring it back and the basket the food is in wobbles and they just stand there in a queue and cannot get any money.

Also I cannot get to civ stage cos they stand there forever on the cut scene.