36 (22.9%)
Editor Expansions
20 (12.7%)
New Creature Phase Expansion
26 (16.6%)
MMO!
10 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Author Topic: What expansion would you like to see first  (Read 13882 times)

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
Re: What expansion would you like to see first
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 06:03:33 pm »
I think I'm the only person who does not want an autosave. I wouldn't mind if you could have multiple save slots, but otherwise, I'd need it turned off. Why, you may ask?

Don't you ever just want to see what'll happen? Maybe you go to war and realize, wow, I'm not ready, then revert to before war. Stuff like that makes me dislike autosave when there is only one save slot.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 06:17:51 pm »
Ideally, we would have an option to turn it on and off.  Also, the autosave wouldn't overwrite your current save game, there would be two saved game slots - One for the last time you saved manually, one for the auto save.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 06:36:20 pm »
- Id want a bigger space fleet. Maybe some smaller fleets that can be called upon for battle when In war into a planet. Much like that Pirate ability you can use when your a warrior trait.
- Your allies dont suck.
- Id really care less about the underwater phase..
- Obviously more parts..
- PLEASE add more things to do with the tribal phase.. its very boring and short. .. like living in caves? traps? diseases? doctors?
- Would be cool if they added a phase between civ and tribal.. kinda like medieval times.. you get a mount, archers, swords etc. castle-like buildings, alliances through marriage, trade etc.

- Defense systems for your star systems that can be dispatched to your planets when enemies attack it.
- Bigger spice-cargo's, slower spice-production rate as Sub said previously.
MORE TYPES OF SPICE!! maybe white, gold, black, silver type spices, would be worth it making long distant colonies.

and finally:
The Star Bomb - send a bomb into the star to destroy it.
Would be very very expensive.. 50 million or so. Would destroy the entire system.

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 06:46:04 pm »
Underwater.

IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »
I'd like to see a rehaul of the creature phase, my second favorite.

Me too. Or some Tribal additions.
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 07:30:47 pm »
I would like Molecular Phase (Tetris), Water Phase, City Phase and possibly a phase after Space.

What would a phase after Space look like? O_o

Like this ...

I would actually like to see more phases based on the original concepts.

Molecular Phase (Before Cellular Phase) - If they could make pacman more fun in the Cellular Phase just think of how fun they could make Tetris for the Molecular Phase!?! It would be probably very simple but very addicting. Plus unlike normal Tetris they could have even more shapes! Its like Uber-Tetris!

Water Phase (After Cellular but Before Creature) - This what everyone wishes was not taken out because the concept is so cool. Also I really think you could have this become tribal as well because you could use geothermal vents as a firepit or even have a floating firepit on the surface of the water on some sort of buoy.

City Phase (After Tribal but before Civilization) - A mix between the 2 phases would be really fun. Also having things like farms, domestic creature mounts vehicles and all the other stuff they had to scrap so they could get the game finished would be cool to see.

Galactic Phase (After Space) - Basiclly gong one level beyond Space phase where you could manipulate stars, make blackholes, instantly terraform without the staff of life, have automate colonies which need no baby sitting and even traveling to other galaxies via supper massive black holes at the center of each galaxy.

Outfit Parts
In addition the editors could use more parts (aka rig blocks) especially the outfit editor. So many parts are made for creatures with a human-like face and parts. Having ones that are more separated such as one that are just for individual eyes, nose and mouths rather than 2 eyes and mouth all in one part. Also more clothing parts that are easier to place on odd shaped bodies.

Creature Parts
As for creature parts it would be nice to have things like gills, more nostrils and noses, more ears and definitely more decorative parts.Its too bad there is such a strict limit on parts because i could get much more detailed using decorative parts to make things look realistic but they max out too soon. Especially when it comes to hair and feathers.

Changeable Voices
It would also be nice to be able to be able to pick out what sounds your creature makes. Rather than parts choosing. Use the default sounds could be associated with the parts but it would be cool to have a creature sound section menu even if it had no additional sounds. It would give a fresh change to things.

Eyes
I really liked that idea they had where each eye gives a diffrent view of the world. I think this should be put back in if you select for it to be active such as "Realistic eye mode". In addition other senses would be cool such as seeing by sound via ears or seeing by smell via nostrils.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 07:47:45 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline outlander_biz

• Microvision Master
  • Muwahaha (evil laugh, shh don't tell anyone)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 11:15:54 pm »
you can't add fleets to the game without a major change in how space works.

It's a real time game, with an amazingly huge map.  Controlling and directly multiple fleets simultaneously would be absurd without totally changing the way the galaxy is presented.

you could, just make a button or mode you could enter and scrolling out takes you to a rts view where you command your troops, and scrolling back in lets you resume control of your personal ship, your fleet could continue whatever tasks you gave them while you fly around doing whatever, you could even help your fleet or lead the attack.

I thinks it would make for a good gameplay aspect.
I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed there would be no more war

Offline Praetyre

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 11:41:18 pm »
I'd like some sort of direct confirmation of scale, such as 1 HP=1 vehicle of that type. Along these lines, an infantry editor, and a system I've mentioned for tiered representation of large scale warfare would be excellent. I'd like the space stage to be more like Galactic Civilizations II, with the capability to design individual spaceships for manufacture and the ability to take over individual ships command, earning things much like U-Drive-It in Simcity 4: Rush Hour. That, and some form of system to acquire technology, so you avoid the bizarreness of jumping from the Stone Age to tanks.

Wouldn't a phase where you can travel between galaxies be an intergalactic phase, not a galactic one? Unless the interaction was only extremely limited. Me, I'd personally rather see a gradual increase of stars, since it's been downgraded orders of magnitude, from a couple million to 500,000 to 45,000. Intergalactic settings feel weird to me, probably since the area isn't so clearly defined, unless the entire local group is inhabited. Only Dune really makes it work, in my view (though, I wonder what those bizarre, huge clouds outside the galaxy in the game intro are).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:43:17 pm by Praetyre »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 12:44:10 am »
Those are probably just some nebulae.

As for me, I really hope they add an option in which you could make it so that once you have a certain object appear in your game, it won't appear anywhere else. I'm getting kinda bored seeing my vehicles, building and fauna in planets I haven't even been to yet. :S

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 12:57:49 am »

Here is is a diagram i made for additional phases. I have no idea what would be for the galaxy stage if there was one.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 02:26:55 am »
I really don't think we need that extra Molecule phase.. just seems lame IMO and feels like just stuffing in stuff.But City Phase seems cool, but I want a olden-style kingdom province type game. Like I said in my previous post.

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 02:30:49 am »
These are the stages i would like added:

Molecule stage (to choose a special element power, like fire breath or ice wind or something like that)

City Stage (simcity like stage)

God Stage (the ability to interact with your creatures and be god, changing planets, causing disasters)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 06:39:22 am »
I would like Galactic and Molecule phase.

Galactic phase would be creating your own stars, planets, comets and everything. Imagine Trinary Systems with purple suns and everything. Of course there would be a complexity limit.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 07:48:21 am »
Galactic mode WOULD be awesome.

And you could use God Mode to interact with races then wipeem out with disasters :D

Offline Shaon

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 07:58:48 am »
I want to see a messenging system. I mean, you're already connected to the Spore server, and your game would still be singleplayer, you'd just get to talk to other online people.