36 (22.9%)
Editor Expansions
20 (12.7%)
New Creature Phase Expansion
26 (16.6%)
MMO!
10 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Author Topic: What expansion would you like to see first  (Read 19885 times)

Offline rob

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
    • MySporePage.com
What expansion would you like to see first
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:31:25 am »
I would like to see space fleets :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: What expansion would you like to see first
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 11:32:34 am »
MMO

Madness! Take this man away!
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:37:30 am »
 Id like to see space fleets. Mining, food, industry which requires up to 30 resources or more. Research into items, just like a creature develops. Basically any RTS, tacked onto spore hehe.

Offline SiestaGuru

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 11:38:43 am »
More strategic options in civ and tribe and more to do in creature. I dont care much about the ideas in the poll..
My best stuff: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=st-sc%3Assc-500079691379

Random stuff: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-SiestaGuru|2263001209%3Assc-500036839043%3Aview-top_rated

Aircraft: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-SiestaGuru|2263001209%3Assc-500020463820%3Aview-top_rated

Offline rob

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
    • MySporePage.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:44:29 am »
MMO

Madness! Take this man away!

An MMO would be a breeze :)

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:47:15 am »
I would love to see an expansion to creature, tribe and civ.

As it is right now once you have fullfilled all the goals of each stage there is no point in staying around, especially in tribe and civ. I just want to be able to stay in an earlier stage and after all the main goals have been met and still have stuff to do. Maybe that's just me.  :P
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline Superminime

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 11:48:36 am »
Just more depth and more detailed customization options (like more paint options, more spine changes other than bigger and smaller, etc.)  Many more different types of missions in space, add some Star Trek-esque missions in there.  I want to help a civilization avoid destruction by taking a huge asteroid out of a collision course...  or be evil and direct it there faster, or perhaps hold them ransom with it.  Lots of different mission possibilities.

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 11:57:57 am »
I would like to see more depth placed into the Tribal phase...

More so, I would like an expansion that would make the Space phase play more like Galactic Civilizations II... Just much more deep.

I could totally see an expansion released exclusively for each phase. Basically, to use the what I stated above for the space phase as an example, expansions could be released to make each individual phase more deep and complicated and seeing as it is a massively SINGLE player game (and everyone might not want a more complicated Space game) it wouldn't effect the overall community if Person A has the deeper Space Expansion and Player B has the simpler 'normal' version because they both just draw off of the content yet each person plays their own 'game'. Did that make sense? So people could pick and choose which expansions they want to purchase to deepen the game how they want.

I do think content packs (parts etc...) should be separate entities from actual 'game play' expansions....

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 11:59:30 am »
i'd like a enhanced version like what cdprojekt did with the witcher.

Offline Bellum

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 01:16:53 pm »
I'd like to see a rehaul of the creature phase, my second favorite.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 05:03:07 pm »
I would like Molecular Phase (Tetris), Water Phase, City Phase and possibly a phase after Space.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 05:06:46 pm »
I would like Molecular Phase (Tetris), Water Phase, City Phase and possibly a phase after Space.

What would a phase after Space look like? O_o

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 05:24:22 pm »

What would a phase after Space look like? O_o
Very bright with lots of angels and gilded buildings  :P

I want an Age of Empires/Sins of a Solar empire mutliplayer game. Not an MMO (though that would rock), just the ability to play through phases with/against people, LAN style.

Or expanding phases to have other objects and playability. I don't like just finding pieces in creature, then conquering tibes and cities in tribal and civil. It's too plain.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 05:45:19 pm »
you can't add fleets to the game without a major change in how space works.

It's a real time game, with an amazingly huge map.  Controlling and directly multiple fleets simultaneously would be absurd without totally changing the way the galaxy is presented.

However i don't see any real obstacles to allowing the player to set up ships (planes?) to defend his colonies, or to accompany your flagship UFO.

Something like Gal Civ / Ages of Empires wouldn't be an expansion, it would be a totally different game, but perhaps using a lot of the underlying technology.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 05:56:50 pm »
-  I'd like long range communication.
-  I'd like some incentive to expanding my empire in space, since right now, after you reach a certain point, expanding serves no purpose.  I realize this probably won't happen, but to fix this, income (in the form of spice) from colonies in space should be slow but constant and automatic.  The 99 cap on how much spice you can hold should be removed as well as the 99 mil cap on money.
-  I'd like an underwater stage.
-  In fact, I'd like to be able to make and evolve a race that is purely underwater
-  I'd like more mission types in space
-  I'd like to not have to babysit my colonies.  When you buy an improvement such as the uber turrent, it should actually work every time.
-  I'd like an autosave
-  I'd like the game to repair any damage a colony takes automatically, provided I have the money.
-  I'd like to be able to save city layouts so I can plop down a completed city in one mouse click in space
-  I'd like to get some statistics about my game in space.  A screen that tells me how many galaxies I own, how many colonies I own, a graph of how much money I've had throughout the game, etc., etc.
-  More tools for the UFO!  Improve existing ones (Hologram scout, I'm looking at you)
-  More parts for the creature creator, vehicle editor, building editor
-  Sandbox mode, hydro made a thread about it if you can find it.

I'm sure I can think of more ideas, but I'm done for now.