Author Topic: Little details(Spoilers I guess)  (Read 4109 times)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Little details(Spoilers I guess)
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:48:55 pm »
I was conquering a race into extinction in the Space Phase, and before blowing up their last colony I buzzed in and abducted a single citizen. I decided to put him in my wildlife preservation moon of my homeworld so he could gaze on his victor every day. As I put him down, I see this:

Poor thing is nervously looking around, warming his bottom at the fire, and eventually going to sleep. When I came back later, he was gone.  :-[   Details like this make me realize the amount of time that went into this game. Anyone else have any cool examples?

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
Re: Little details(Spoilers I guess)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:31 pm »
I was conquering a race into extinction in the Space Phase, and before blowing up their last colony I buzzed in and abducted a single citizen. I decided to put him in my wildlife preservation moon of my homeworld so he could gaze on his victor every day. As I put him down, I see this:

Poor thing is nervously looking around, warming his bottom at the fire, and eventually going to sleep. When I came back later, he was gone.  :-[   Details like this make me realize the amount of time that went into this game. Anyone else have any cool examples?

OMG that is totally awesome, I wonder who snuck that in.  I remember Will was saying in an interview that he sometimes ran into stuff like that he didn't know had been put in.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:00:38 pm »
I saw that when I had a pang of consience (sp?) and saved a tribal village after destroying the others. Brought them to my T3 moon, and they did the same thing.

I had hoped I could 'save' them, somehow :(

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 02:20:33 pm »
Yeah any sentient you drop on a planet does that. I like to take one specimen of a species Im about to make extinct before I destroy them all (graviton bomb is awesome! btw). What would be really cool is if you ploped a few members of a tribe down on a different planet and they started spreading and establishing a tribe again, or at least act as creatures again and we can drop a monolith on them.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 03:56:01 pm »
I think it's more awesome that you ran into a race of Space-Faring Prinnies.

Here is a minor detail I noticed.

The other day when I got to space and flew over to my neighboring Gas Giant, this purple streak comes cruising through my solar system. It goes whizzing past my ship and planets, hits the gravity well of the gas giant, and do you know what it does? It changes direction. IT DID A FREAKING SLINGSHOT MANEUVER RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! That is just friggin awesome.. I wish I had time to take a vid or picture, but I was just to flabbergasted.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:12:59 am »
I think it's more awesome that you ran into a race of Space-Faring Prinnies.

I had no idea what they were before I wiki'd them. Search for them on Sporepedia, there's hundreds of them!

Offline Elyas

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 12:14:57 pm »
Maybe I'm seeing things, because its really hard to see the animations at the city level.

Whenever I grab a sentient being and drop him by one of my colonies, they at first run panicked into the city. 

My colonists gather around the being, seem to try and comfort him, then he walked into one of the houses with one of my colonists and disappeared.

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:11 pm »
Maybe I'm seeing things, because its really hard to see the animations at the city level.

Whenever I grab a sentient being and drop him by one of my colonies, they at first run panicked into the city. 

My colonists gather around the being, seem to try and comfort him, then he walked into one of the houses with one of my colonists and disappeared.

I've tried putting one into another colony and tried to beam him up again. It gave me the message that the empire doesn't like it when I pick up one of their citizens.  :-\
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 12:20:10 pm »

Im so gonna try that when I get home

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 12:54:40 pm »

There are a few different possible outcomes.  I dropped off a sentient creature inside an alien races city.  He was panicked, the citizens of the city surrounded him and then shot him to death. 

Btw huggkruka, good thread idea.

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 01:02:58 pm »
Because we are sharing little details we notice. I was playing creature phase and right around a nest. The babies had wondered off over a hill and I hear a scream...then I see the little babies running back over the hill looking panicked with their arms in the air. I walked over the hill to see an aggressive predator nest right over the hill. I thought it was pretty awesome

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 02:01:35 pm »
Hmm... speaking of little details, has anyone figured out how to interact with civilizations using crop circles?

I'm thinking there's more behind this than meets the eye.

What happens: When you draw a crop circle near a city, the citizens will come running out to examine it. At first, a little green note appears, and you hear this 'blip!' noise for each note that appears. During this state, the creatures sometimes start bowing/worshipping. Others simply look around.

After a few seconds, the green note is replaced by a yellow ! (exclamation mark), and the citizen suddenly becomes panicked and runs back inside the city.

Is that it?? Surely that's not the full picture. Isn't there any way to prevent them panicking? Why do they panic, anyway? What's that green note? Is there anything else you can do while they're worshipping at the crop circles? What's the whole point?

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 02:23:29 pm »
Hmm... speaking of little details, has anyone figured out how to interact with civilizations using crop circles?

What happens: When you draw a crop circle near a city, the citizens will come running out to examine it. At first, a little green note appears, and you hear this 'blip!' noise for each note that appears. During this state, the creatures sometimes start bowing/worshipping. Others simply look around.

After a few seconds, the green note is replaced by a yellow ! (exclamation mark), and the citizen suddenly becomes panicked and runs back inside the city.

Is that it?? Surely that's not the full picture. Isn't there any way to prevent them panicking? Why do they panic, anyway? What's that green note? Is there anything else you can do while they're worshipping at the crop circles? What's the whole point?

Most of the social tools have to do with making the target empire happier so I think the little green note are points to happiness for your empire. Now I think the exclamation point is them seeing your ship and being startled by it. But these are just my little observations so maybe not.  :-X
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:55 pm »

I think you use the "Mind Erase" tool to make them stop panicking.  That's all I know so far though, haven't tried it yet...
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Atarr

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 05:06:30 pm »
I abducted some tribal creatures and decided to drop one off in front of a predator. To my surprise he produced a spear killed it. I must have abducted some spearmen from one of the villages.

As for the crop circles and panicing, I put down a crop circle and engaged my cloaking device but the citizens still ran away in panic after a while. The only real use I've found for crop circles is to lure citizens out and see them close up using the hologram scout. Other than that I'm not sure it really has a purpose, I haven't tried it on Space phase cities though.