Author Topic: Biggest empire?  (Read 12987 times)

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Biggest empire?
« on: September 18, 2008, 12:32:43 pm »
So, who's got the biggest empire?  We're talking number of planets here, but bonus points for good planets, not just bubble domes you're throwing down for kicks.

And allies don't count.  Star systems you yourself own.  There's no way my pathetic 25 to 30 worlds is going to top the charts.  Astound me with your galactic property holdings...

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Yannick

• R-Type Force Pod
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest empire?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »
I'm guessing about 30 T0 colonies I stole from killing enemies, 5 homeworld planets (2 red, 1 yellow and 2 blue), 13~ T1+T2 planets and 7-ish T3 planets.

Which brings me to: 30+13+7+5= 55 planets colonised.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Civilization Emperor
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:38:34 pm »
I am very selective of my worlds, I don't want to rush around stopping Pirate raids, only if it already hs Pink, blue or purple spice, or can help me annex enemy empires. I have about 24 stars, but as far as uplifted species, I have about 74. 60 uplifted creatures, all of them vassels, I got Diplomat easily. The best part is that I can attack one without any of the others caring, so if one is a Spode loving bastard, I can just demolish them and replace them with a "Healthy" race. All of my 14 colonies are T3/T2.
You're in my way, sir.

Dude, you're dreaming that you're a pony.  I don't care how good the show is.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 01:00:35 pm »
Er, 5 homeworlds? I wasn't aware you had a choice, let alone could have multiples of it. Do tell.

Offline Yannick

• R-Type Force Pod
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 01:01:05 pm »
No, I mean planets with more then 3 colonies, stolen homeworlds.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Civilization Emperor
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 01:02:14 pm »
Life + Monolith + Pink Spice World = PROFIT
You're in my way, sir.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 01:04:08 pm »
Aw... I was hoping there was a way to abandon the homeworld and move it somewhere else. :(

Offline Plank of Wood

• Civilization Emperor
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:05:19 pm »
It's not like your homeworld is useful for anything anway. It's a t3 red spice world which loses cities constantly.
You're in my way, sir.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:03 pm »
  My largest empire had 59 Star Systems towards the Golden age. The empire was a long string of planets stretched up the galactic arm like a galactic highway. The stars are spaced at the max distance of the jump drives allowance at the time. So the beginning planets are closer together on the string closer to the home planet and very far apart at the end.

Eventually the empire reached the end of the arm. A which point the Grox attacked my home planet and I had to turn my eyes towards the galactic core. A set of shield planets were built to hold off the grox and eventually the galactic highway was left neglected and just the bare minimum of planets were left colonized to reach the end of the arm. Then eventually the empire all but collapsed when the grox broke the sheild planets.

This opened the Third Empires era. At this point the homeworld which was defended with religious fervour collapsed under the weight of the war and the citizens fled to the last planet at the end of the arm and they are now rebuilding there homeworld carefully mimicking there ecology on a terraformed world. Ironically it took me almost 3 days to find a world with the right conditions and crystal formations. Which would count as this species dark ages. They now have a healthy galactic empire of 23 planets with a new galactic highway which goes left to right in a toroid pattern around the galaxy. Plans to build inwards with spoke like inroads are planned.

I LOVE SPORE!

Offline Elyanna

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Spore Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:18 pm »
I have something like 20-25 star systems, multiple planets in several systems. I don't like expanding. It means more stuff to defend.
My spore profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/elyanna
I like to make plausible creatures.

Offline D3vilSheep

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 07:34:52 am »
i have more colonies than grox :) about 2700 solar systems, the majority of the colonies are t3:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0vK9k_eBk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0vK9k_eBk</a>
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:09:59 am by D3vilSheep »

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 08:12:37 am »
2700 solar systems,

My lower jaw seems to have detached from my face, give me a minute to put it back on.

How long did it take you do that?!   :o

By the way, welcome to the forums!   :)

And on a related note, while I'm sad to say that Spore: General isn't active anymore, do try and check the other forums, especially the creation corner.   :)

Offline D3vilSheep

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 08:52:10 am »
thx :)  i needed about 11 month to get it.

Offline Yuu

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:35 am »
I'd guess the Grox are really made at the right now, unless you've allied or conquered them already.   ;)

Do you have any mods to reduce bio-disasters and pirate raids, by any chance? 2700+ seems kinda hard to maintain with all the wars, bio-disasters and pirate raids.

Hmm...

11 months and a mostly occupied galactic center...

Judging from that, I guess it'd take about 26 years at that current rate to conquer the entire galaxy.   :)

Interesting...

Offline D3vilSheep

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 11:34:43 am »
i needed mod faster ufo to go faster to bio disasters and pirate raids, but i know the mod.
is here:
http://solidfiles.com/d/12e2/get