Author Topic: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis  (Read 133774 times)

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
Re: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2008, 04:12:51 pm »
hmmm. I suppose a code preventing duplicate colors X amount of distance apart could temporarily help, but eventually you're going to run into color clones.

More sug.

Slavery: I'm sorry, I need my slaves.

Borg-like play: I was promised my "Borg vs Klingon" battles by Will. I want my species to be a collection of individuals as drones, not one species.
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2008, 04:57:25 pm »
I think a Borg-like race option would be wonderful. I think I would more prefer a Covenant-like race though, as I'd prefer to absorb other races and allow them to keep their identities, just working for me, rather than a hivemind concept. That would also tie in slavery.

@Blulightning:
I wish your thread hadn't turned into a spamfest between some parties. It was a valid suggestion and I understand you wanted to separate thread so Maxis would see, but the way you demanded things was rude and not too helpful to Maxis. I agree it's pretty crappy, I'm only at 1440x900 but I could still fit 3-4 more rows of the same sized icons. I wished no offense and hope you did not take my posts personally.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:06:02 pm by TDKenyon »

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2008, 05:29:44 pm »
Anyone know where a collision file exists to make creatures collide like the original vid 35 min vid?
That... wasn't... a real... you know what.. never mind. It's not worth it for the thousandth time.

No. There is no collision file of any sort.

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2008, 05:39:19 pm »
That took longer than I'd planned it would.  The thread has been cleaned up.
Now then, what other things would you guys like to see improved on?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:42:07 pm by Danzik »

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2008, 06:57:15 pm »
Evolution and Style linkages for Creatures... So the game won't use multiple stages of the same creature so often and the creatures will get the right buildings and vehicles.  (adding evolving creatures in game would be a plus... like in the old demos.)

Yeah, i'd like to see a certain amount of intelligence in what is seeded where.  Currently it seems totally random, except in Creature.

To the best of it's ability it should try to seed the universe a creature only once per galaxy, failing that only once per saved game.  And of course it should try to keep buildings and vehicles with the species they belong to.
And the Player's UFO should not be seeded in his galaxy.

Also i'd like to see more individuality in the space empires you meet.  While the avatars are of each empire are cool, it very frequently reuses the same creature.  But besides the creature we just have one of 9 randomly chosen philosophies for each empire.  (And 2 of the empires use the exact same dialog.)

I keep finding the same creatures on planets, and i have thousands.  A universe with less repetition would be nice.

It's hard to get too interested in any of these empires (unless you founded it) since they are pretty much alike.

Ideally space-faring creature could garner some sort of "personality" from the way the creator plays it, but failing that some random traits, favored tactics, etc. (beyond the 9 traits) could help make each empire more interesting.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2008, 07:05:18 pm »
Evolution and Style linkages for Creatures... So the game won't use multiple stages of the same creature so often and the creatures will get the right buildings and vehicles.  (adding evolving creatures in game would be a plus... like in the old demos.)

Yeah, i'd like to see a certain amount of intelligence in what is seeded where.  Currently it seems totally random, except in Creature.

To the best of it's ability it should try to seed the universe a creature only once per galaxy, failing that only once per saved game.  And of course it should try to keep buildings and vehicles with the species they belong to.
And the Player's UFO should not be seeded in his galaxy.

Also i'd like to see more individuality in the space empires you meet.  While the avatars are of each empire are cool, it very frequently reuses the same creature.  But besides the creature we just have one of 9 randomly chosen philosophies for each empire.  (And 2 of the empires use the exact same dialog.)

I keep finding the same creatures on planets, and i have thousands.  A universe with less repetition would be nice.

It's hard to get too interested in any of these empires (unless you founded it) since they are pretty much alike.

Ideally space-faring creature could garner some sort of "personality" from the way the creator plays it, but failing that some random traits, favored tactics, etc. (beyond the 9 traits) could help make each empire more interesting.

not Seeding the player's UFO would actually work rather well. Plus, for those that do want others to have their ufos, they could just save the same creation twice.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:13 pm »
...And the Player's UFO should not be seeded in his galaxy...

not Seeding the player's UFO would actually work rather well. Plus, for those that do want others to have their ufos, they could just save the same creation twice.

Note the bold type.
I don't care if other people fly my UFO.  I just don't want AI empires attacking me with the exact same ship i'm flying— which has happened more than once.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2008, 09:36:56 pm »
Yeah, I experienced a race in my galaxy that I allied that was using MY SHIP.
It was annoying, and I quickly disbanded it.

One similar problem I'm annoyed with, is the fact that it is also seeding my creature that I'm currently playing to my planets! ARGH!!!

It's stupid when I see my species run into it's un-evolved ancestors in a completely different star system hundreds of parsecs away from (or right next to) my homeplanet.

Not only that, but I just encountered my newest species' most evolved ancestors on it's own home planet.
Out of 20,000 downloads, you would think it could have chosen a different creature!!!!!!!!!

AND I keep running into the same creatures that I made (and a couple I didn't) over and over again, and I've NEVER even seen a few of the others that I've made.

Basically, I think the game's pollinator is completely broken.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:40:06 pm by Blulightning »

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2008, 03:44:46 pm »
Remember building preferences

I'd really like an option to have my space coloney buildings remain in the design boxes whenever i create a new colony. Going through and selecting the same buildings i always use is getting really tedious.

Variety of cut-scenes

Just to add to replay value
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 03:48:18 pm by benjaminge »
Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline fish

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
    • View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2008, 10:34:16 pm »
My suggestion is just a simple one at the moment:

Bio-luminescent creature parts. I don't know how hard that would be to do, but seeing as we have glowing parts in the vehicle editors it seems plausible that glowing creature parts could be added too.

Offline Gzillafan1

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2008, 10:43:58 pm »
You can sort of have a bio-luminescent feel when you have a dark base and a very bright coat and or detail.I have many creatures with this combo and it sort of feels like they are glowing.However,I too would like bio-luminescent skins

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2008, 11:47:09 pm »
Being able to moderate between other warring empires and getting them into peace would be cool for the Diplomat philosophy, I think.

Heck, having more unique abilities/options for all the philosophies would be cool. =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2008, 04:52:36 am »
Oh, i'd also like to see

Auto collect spice
Click a button and your ship flys around your colonies collecting spice for you, until you tell it to stop (e.g. mission) or you have 99 of each spice or it has visited all the planets once.

I have lots of colonised planets producing spice and it takes a lot of clicking to collect it all. my hand hurts :(

Info on empire
A table or something that can tell me what planets have what. It would be cool if it could be filtered as well, so i can choose to sort through by spice, colonies, defences etc.

Would like to be able to monitor planets all together rather than having to visit them all. I often forget some of them.

Being able to moderate between other warring empires and getting them into peace would be cool for the Diplomat philosophy, I think.

I like this idea too, or at least be able to see who my allies are allied/at war with.
Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2008, 05:45:50 am »
I personally feel that the Space Stage should be more like Master of Orion II.

They could learn lots of great stuff from that game:

- The need for food production, to the point of having to especialize a few agricultural planets;

- Population affects production, and you can relocate population to different planets, and to different functions such as scientists, factory workers and farm workers;

- More options for diplomacy, such as the possibility of having spies and a galactic "senate";

- The possibility of building freighter ships for inter-colonies trade;

- Difference of fertility and mineral richness;

- Screens for diplomacy, or lists of colonies;

And a lot more.

Offline econundrum

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2008, 06:29:20 am »
I have a couple of simple suggestions.

1 – A clear down button that replaces the old Galaxy with a new one sans all your save games, not missing all the planets you’ve destroyed in your save games, etc.

2 - Options for how many T1, T2 & T3 planets the galaxy is likely to contain (very rare, rare, common, very common).

3 – Similar options for how many of these worlds will have animal life.

4 – Similar options for how many Tribal & Civilization stage worlds you will come across.

5 – Similar options for how common Space faring civilizations are.

Will I agree with some of the points Parakboy discusses I would suggest he play GC2 & it’s expansions great space strategy games much better than MO2 which I also enjoyed. Spore would have to be radically changed to support the sort of detailed strategy game at the space level.

Also keep in mind if implementing my suggestion I believe spore only populates star systems with planets as you first reach them.

I also think you should be able to swap themes mid game.
"The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations."

David Friedman.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/econundrum