Author Topic: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis  (Read 133973 times)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
Re: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2008, 08:48:04 am »
An turret editor.
Like the vehicle creator but only balacing between attack force and hit points.

Yes! Or even just for looks, like with the building and UFO editors.
It's annoying to be able to make all your buildings and vehicles to a certain theme but then have the turrets pre-set with a certain look.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2008, 11:14:04 am »
- The ability to set a house, entertainment building, and factory for my entire race.

- A small shrine or something in the Space phase that is located on your homeworld, where you arose from the water.

- A "recently used" tab in the Sporepedia, so I don't have to slightly tweak someone's thing so that it shows up as "mine" so I can find it easilly. (So if you see one of your things with the name of MisterBibs, I mean no offense.)

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2008, 11:50:22 am »

Make the creature phase look a bit more like real life.

Yea I know, all animals do is sit by their nest and dance, growl, or both.
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2008, 12:09:21 pm »
6. The ability to delete content from within the game without "banning" it.

I know that this is already possible. I go through my Sporepedia on a regular basis deleting all buildings and vehicles that are not painted. I just go to the everything tab, select the card I want to delete, and hit the trashcan icon. >_>

But you can't delete it while playing. Like you can't come across an unpainted building while in the Civ stage and just delete it right then and there. Or am I missing something?

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2008, 12:10:36 pm »
I don't think you can while playing. And I don't want to delete content everyday that will get uploaded again after a while.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2008, 02:36:16 pm »
6. The ability to delete content from within the game without "banning" it.

I know that this is already possible. I go through my Sporepedia on a regular basis deleting all buildings and vehicles that are not painted. I just go to the everything tab, select the card I want to delete, and hit the trashcan icon. >_>

But you can't delete it while playing. Like you can't come across an unpainted building while in the Civ stage and just delete it right then and there. Or am I missing something?

Actually, you're right. I ran across this today. I flew down to visit an alien empire and sprinkle them with my super happy ray to find that one of their buildings was 3 white boxes stacked on top of each other with no other features whatsoever, while another of their buildings was some obscene content. Couldn't get rid of either of them without hitting the ban button. Ended up leaving the white boxes because I don't want anyone getting in trouble over something silly like that.  :-\

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2008, 03:08:47 pm »
Exactly. They obviously have the technology in the game to remove a piece of content and replace it with something else (it'd be nice if it wasn't always Maxis made, though). They just need to remove the reporting part.

Offline Rct2mad

• Ultima Lord
  • =)
    • View Profile
    • Spore-Galore (Link may not work)
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2008, 03:11:56 pm »
- A "recently used" tab in the Sporepedia, so I don't have to slightly tweak someone's thing so that it shows up as "mine" so I can find it easilly. (So if you see one of your things with the name of MisterBibs, I mean no offense.)
Same here - but obviously under the username Rct2mad :)

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2008, 04:27:08 pm »
I would very much like to be able to tilt building pieces 3 ways without first attaching them to a connector, tilting and then taking off.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2008, 05:19:13 pm »
I really like the idea of having an ingame chat feature, so you could talk with other people on your buddy list who are playing.
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Bellum

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2008, 08:30:44 pm »
I really like the idea of having an ingame chat feature, so you could talk with other people on your buddy list who are playing.

That's a great idea.

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2008, 08:33:56 pm »

That's a great idea.

Seconded.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13:56 pm »

That's a great idea.

Seconded.

Third"ed"

At least we should get a message while playing that one of our creatures got a comment to approve. 
Then you could have a basic messaging system using comments.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2008, 11:07:47 pm »

That's a great idea.

Seconded.

Third"ed"

At least we should get a message while playing that one of our creatures got a comment to approve. 
Then you could have a basic messaging system using comments.

It would also be nice to have a way of leaving a comment on a person's profile itself rather than on a particular creation.

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 11:47:19 pm »
  • Picking up smaller creatures (i.e., a small, slender vermiform creature) and eating them.
  • Stealing eggs from nests by grabbing them.
  • A MMO-type feature similar to say, Second Life, where you get to choose any creature of your choice and enter any rooms Maxis created. A fully-fledged MMO game wouldn't necessarily be a good idea, as there will be people blowing up cities and planets everywhere and basically ruining others' game experience.
  • For the Water Phase, there should be epic creatures too. A Kraken would make a good epic.
  • A longer, more in-depth cell phase, for instance, new parts (those from the secret Cell Editor), longer gameplay, and the chlorplast idea suggested by Ittiz is great!
  • What are we going to do with all that squandered food in the Tribal Phase? You could maybe feed your pets with it.
  • Whatever creatures you have domesticated, I think it would be neat seeing them in the city.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:56:25 pm by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega