Author Topic: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis  (Read 134064 times)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
Re: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis
« Reply #420 on: July 25, 2009, 12:02:44 am »

The sad part is you can't share it since you never edit did? it.

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2009, 06:38:09 pm »
Needed Fixes for Patch 5.1:

-Remove bug that causes creature's heads to distort when turning left or right.
-Remove bug that disables tab rotation on objects when over water.
-Add other formats to export 3D models other than Collada. May I suggest Blender since it's free?

I'd like to add to that improved neck animation. You can make a beautiful neck and head by adding a slight curl at the top of the spine, as in the Riccos. But when the creature runs, punches, or moves its neck at all, it either squishes deep into the body or flops around wildly. This is another cause of head distortion.
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

gec05

« Reply #422 on: July 26, 2009, 09:12:59 pm »
-Enable full rotation for all parts in the building editor.
-Allow users to access all textures from building to vehicle editors and vice versa.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #423 on: July 27, 2009, 04:37:01 pm »
-Allow users to access all textures from building to vehicle editors and vice versa.

I think that one is actually already in.  :) I kind of stumbled upon it... but the vehicle and building editors, when I've used them, have each had twelve pages and have led into each other's painting catergories.

It's been snuck in so subtly, though, I had to wonder if it'd been that way for ages and I just hadn't paid attention.  :P

One the suggestion front, I'd like to see a kind of optional gateway device in the Gameplay Objects tab of the Adventure Creator that'd actually link two or more adventures, so if players enjoyed your first adventure and it was part of a set or series you could link straight to the next one (even by a menu option at the end of the first adventure rather than an ingame object, come to think of it) and accrue points across your whole saga.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 28, 2009, 11:42:04 am »

I think that one is actually already in.  :) I kind of stumbled upon it... but the vehicle and building editors, when I've used them, have each had twelve pages and have led into each other's painting catergories.

It's been snuck in so subtly, though, I had to wonder if it'd been that way for ages and I just hadn't paid attention.  :P

Same here, I believe all building and vehicles textures are now shared. Twelve pages is a lot of textures!

It would be nice to be able to adjust the width of torso sections or joints. As it is, joints are almost always spherical, and the torso is spheroid. Maybe if you select a joint/spine section and pressed ALT+TAB, it would bring up the deformer, allowing you access to a group of pull arrows that let you push the joint in to flatten it, among other things.

This would make it much easier to create lifelike animals. For example, canids (most notably greyhounds) have large but thin chests with a very drastic curvature of the belly. While it is possible to create such a curvature in Spore, it would be much more difficult to make it the right width.
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #425 on: July 29, 2009, 11:26:03 pm »
Umm... I had "aquired" the original way back (still got it), and the texture-combining thing was in the original release.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2009, 06:39:22 am »
Needed Fixes for Patch 5.1:

-Remove bug that causes creature's heads to distort when turning left or right.
-Remove bug that disables tab rotation on objects when over water.
-Add other formats to export 3D models other than Collada. May I suggest Blender since it's free?

The next version of the Collada plugin for Blender was gonna have full support for Spore creatures, I don't know if it has been released yet.

What we really need now that Galactic Adventures is out:

- Flora Editor, we've waited enough and I personally cannot wait to play with it. It was promised as a free addon soon after Spore's release, it has now been about a year and still no Flora Editor, I'd like to make my own strange flora to populate my planet and/or adventures with.
- Collada exporters for the other editors :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2010, 10:13:27 pm »
I have said this before but I will say it again. It would be great if they made a Sim City sequel with a Spore-like building editor. Or alternatively make the civilization phase more like Sim City for Spore.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 16, 2010, 10:48:28 pm »
Fix the ding-dang vee-hicklez. Would this be so hard:
HEALTH:
Rather than being effected strictly by specific parts, make it dynamic: The more parts it has, the more health it has, but the longer it takes to build (something I will go into later). This way you don't get this ugly little top-shaped thing that's one part and has 16 bajillion health. I know they don't really have that much health, I'm being sarcastic.
WEAPONS:
My main issue. Other than damage and appearance, the weapons have no real interesting factors. I can put a level 4 machine gun or a level 4 artillery cannon on my vehicle, and other than the way they look, there's no difference. If I put a big, smackin' artillery cannon on mah tank, I want a long range, slow RoF, and a big boom. If I put a pair of big, smackin' HMG's on mah tank, I want somewhat low damage, medium range, and an insane RoF. That's just what comes to mind, but my point is, that THE. WEAPONS. SHOULD. NOT. BE. IDENTICAL. BETWEEN. TYPES.
SPEED:
Ah, yes, speed. Something they did pretty well, but could be a little better, as such: When building a vehicle, you could put a ****load of wheels on, but with out some form of propulsion, you vehicle isn't going anywhere; rather, you need to put in an engine of some sort; it's a building block like the others you use when building your vehicle. It works with the following system:
Engine Power - weight (already incorporated into game) = top speed, not
Locomotion - weight = top speed

OVERALL:
1) Units. I think that you should have a build time for vehicles, comprised by the complexity of the vehicle. As such, a weak, simple vehicle would build fast, but a, say, superheavy tank would take a while. Also, I feel that you should have access to more than one type of vehicle per type. Like, say, 3 land vehicle slots, 3 sea vehicle slots, and 2 air unit slots. My idea with that would be:
LAND:
slot 1: Fast, lightly armed recon jeep.
slot 2: Tank. All around mix of health, hitting power, range, and speed.
slot 3: Artillery Vehicle. Long range, big gun, but slow and low health.

SEA:
slot 1: Patrol Boat: A water-based jeep, in practice. Lightly armed and fast.
slot 2: Destroyer: Essentially a water tank.
slot 3: Battleship: Lot's 'o' guns, and slow. Heavily armoured too.

AIR:
slot 1: Fighter: Fast, and armed with some machine guns. Good for taking out other air units, but not so good against ground targets.
slot 2: Bomber: Slow, but heavily armoured and armed with a hard hitting weapon (bombs, missiles up the wahzoo, a cannon, ect.)
Not overpowered, yet that little bit 'o' variety would give it a more RTS-esque feel to it.

Also, I HATE (repeat, HATE!) the "walled-in city" thing. Would it be sooo hard to have the city hall as a main building, like in RTS games like Warcraft III, and have other buildings built around that, without limits? No freakin' "build spots", just pick a spot with sufficient room and slap a building down. Then a whole bunch of guys (like the ones that go into that building that creates your UFO) come and start pounding on it with their hammers, and this builds the building. They would just have to stand around the building and hammer at the wall, again, like they do in Warcraft III (think the human Peasant). I don't mean to seem like I'm copying Warcraft III, it's just the best example that comes to mind. Plus, factories now are the ones that build your vehicles, houses make your buildings build faster (more workers to work on the buildings), and entertainment now makes both vehicle and building construction go faster by making your workers more happy. However, it can only help so much, similar to how it can already only make your citizens only so much happier.

That's my idea for a civ stage overhaul.

gec05

« Reply #429 on: July 16, 2010, 10:55:17 pm »
It would be best to try it on the official Spore forums. They hardly read their own forums. It's been ages since they graced this place.

Offline Backs2212

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
    • Free PS3 Games
« Reply #430 on: April 01, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »
yup, true that :)

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 12, 2011, 02:26:13 pm »
also, when you drop a sentient species somewhere they make a new civilization, not a fire and starve to death.

When I took one of my own species and placed him on another habitable planet, he bacame a wild animal. He had clothes and was actually part of the food web. The secret is that you have to keep him on screen. Otherwise, the starving.

Offline atervirens

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
    • Sporepedia
« Reply #432 on: November 27, 2012, 01:29:26 pm »
Just transferring what someone on the Sporums said (can't remember who) but it's that all the parts are available but are purely for aesthetics, instead you use DNA to purchase and upgrade abilities (DNA will of course be used to by parts as well), however this part is my own little addition in that some abilities require a parts of a certain row(s) in order to actually use. I also think that a much wider diversity in parts and modifying said parts is needed for the capabilities that Spore potentially have (in all editors of course), perhaps you could also put effects on creatures such as giving them actual hair/scales etc, compositions like metallic shine for metal based creatures, inner glow, gaseous composition, some of these effects require purchase by some manner but also have certain effects e.g. gaseous composition is 115 DNA and negates the need to have wings for flight as well reduce impacted damage.
For everyone I hate, here are two words to sum up my thoughts on you, "piss off!"

Offline Gec

• Defender Devotee
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2012, 09:08:17 am »
Um, yeah, hmmm.

Yeah, we stopped talking about this game and no one left here wants to talk about it anymore. With the exception of you of course. But thanks for your contribution to a discussion that should have lost it's relevance 4 years ago.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 29, 2012, 12:18:38 pm »
However, welcome to the forums and we hope you enjoy yourself here!
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master