Author Topic: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis  (Read 164924 times)

Offline DarkPlasma

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: The Valid Suggestion Thread For Maxis
« Reply #330 on: November 20, 2008, 01:33:57 am »
Orange Spice, White Spice, Black Spice
Most people as it is haven't learned the pricing of the existing Spices. Adding more types in is only going to make things more complicated.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 20, 2008, 07:14:06 am »
I have a better idea then spice. Add to planets unique features which have function in the game. Something to make the planets a bit more or even less desirable.

Oh btw. There are already semi unique features on planets like crashed UFOs and such. Those could maybe be activated for some gameplay effect.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

gec05

« Reply #332 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:53 pm »
Most people as it is haven't learned the pricing of the existing Spices. Adding more types in is only going to make things more complicated.

From least to best value.

Red
Yellow
Green
Blue
Pink
Purple

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 20, 2008, 08:20:57 pm »

From least to best value.

Red
Yellow
Green
Blue
Pink
Purple

Actually I believe its blue, then green. They both actually work pretty well for getting cash through trade routes (selling the spice that you get) until you find a better trade route or your colony production gets started up.

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #334 on: November 21, 2008, 10:14:13 am »
  • Make epic creatures destroying cities more fun, because watching them doing so currently isn't that fun.
  • If the epic creature has a posion shooter, it should shoot from that organ rather than through its mouth. A giant beetle-like creature I "epicized" shot from its mouth rather than the posion shooter located on its' back.
Ichthyostega

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 22, 2008, 08:04:53 am »
There should be more than binary systems. I think there should be wandering planets, trinary systems and pulsars, too. You should be able to explore nebulae and gas giants, and there should be pulsar planets and protoplanetary disk planets. And why stop at Yellow Main Sequences, Red Dwarfs and Blue Giants? There should be Red Giants, White Dwarfs, and Hypergiants as well, and it should all be to scale. I'll bet if you went to VY Canis Majoris, it would look only a little bigger than Sol(in the current game). There should also be more interaction with celestial bodies, such as solar flares. And not all cities should be the same! If you went to Mercury, for example, you'd have to build a city at the polar regions. And if you went to Venus, you'd have to build a high-up floating city.(The same technique could also be used for gas giants.) And other cities could be underwater or underground, or in space for asteroid mining instead of spice mining!

And two words: PLAID SPICE!

It would be cool if you could find other real-life stars like Alpha Centauri or Gliese 581.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 22, 2008, 08:27:02 am »
These are very cool suggestions.  But, when and how could they be implemented?  Patches?  Over-priced expansion packs?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 22, 2008, 09:09:19 am »
These are very cool suggestions.  But, when and how could they be implemented?  Patches?  Over-priced expansion packs?
Either a series of patches or a few overpriced expansion packs. It seems Maxis is currently focusing on body parts, so it might take a while for them to come out. Personally, I would largely prefer patches because they're free.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #338 on: November 25, 2008, 11:06:10 am »
  • Fix the error that occurs when you destroy a city on another planet. This is especially frustrating when you haven't saved and made a lot of progress.
  • I really hate to tell Maxis that the glitch in which the planets water levels don't match with the terrascore still persists.  :(

But glitches aside, let's go with suggestions.

• Make the creature animations a little less... anthropocentric? Have them vary depending on the body plan, because the animations seem to work best on humanoids, of which I dislike. This could be very hard to implement.
  • If the creature has a prehensile tail that goes beneath the horizontal body, it shouldn't collide through body parts, like in this fellow below:

• This may have been suggested a million times, but make the Tribal Stage more about advancing rather than kill or befriend five tribes.
  • If anyone has any spare time, maybe a modification which has blood could be made?
  • Make the creature stage more ecological, not kill X members of one species to "extinct" them or sing to Y members to befriend them. This has bothered me even from the beginning, because the Creature Stage is what I was looking most forward to.
  • Make the creatures have more natural responses to attacks. In the Creature Stage, if you are a cheeta, and you attack a group of zebras, they get angry and they all attack you. In real life, the smartest move would be to run away. However, if the herbivore has powerful defenses on its' disposal (e.g., a Therizinosaurus or an elephant), it would attack.
  • Herbivores should eat more from a plant than just the fruit.
  • Different voices for epic creatures, depending on the mouth.

For those who think I am "complaining", I am not. I myself am a bit disappointed with the Spore we got as well, but making suggestions to help improve the game works a lot better than sitting and complaining.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:41:38 pm by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 25, 2008, 12:08:52 pm »

For those who think I am "complaining", I am not. I myself am a bit disappointed with the Spore we got as well, but making suggestions to help improve the game works a lot better than sitting and complaining.

This is a very valid statement.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #340 on: November 25, 2008, 08:55:22 pm »
More suggestions:

• Being able to handle disputes between your uplifted species. After all, you brought them up, you should be able to the control them to some extent. You can tell your allies and the uplifted species to stop attacking eachother, or if it is between two of your species, you can handle their disputes with eachother.
  • Rather than everything being stat-based, large spikes should hurt attackers, or big claws hurt prey or predators better.
  • You can buy an animal from another empire as a niche-filler.
  • When creatures are scared of you, I honestly don't think they should look all silly.
  • This may be troubled by file-size constraints, but maybe there could be a baby/larva editor and a female editor.
  • Have the protoplanetary disks actually turn into new solar systems.
  • Make the player's solar systems unique rather than relatively uniform.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:35:44 pm by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2008, 03:37:57 pm »
  • If the epic creature has a posion shooter, it should shoot from that organ rather than through its mouth. A giant beetle-like creature I "epicized" shot from its mouth rather than the posion shooter located on its' back.
Epics don't shoot poison. They shoot fireballs. That's why it's from the mouth instead.

Offline tomasgaquino

• Gorf Goon
  • Now that's deadly. *psycho song*
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2008, 03:50:17 pm »
Let's be honest, they shouldn't be able to shoot fireballs from their mouth either.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2008, 02:07:57 am »
Suggestions time!
1-How about a new type of 'Epic' creature? What I mean is, back in the Jurassic period, we had animals like the Brachiosaurus and Diplodocus roaming around in huge herds. In game, how can massive carnivores like the epics we already have in game, manage to keep themselves alive with the tiny number of prey around? They would be a type of herbivore, taken from the sporepedia, and supersized, and there would be more than 4 in the planet. They would be in a herd, and they would be neutral towards you.

2-I think that the way we designed our creature should affect what happens in tribal stage more often.
If our creature has no graspers, than the game should be alot more unforgiving to them. Like they would not be able to hold more advanced weapons, and can't use things like fishing spears, or healing rods.I mean, one of the reasons why we humans managed to evolve into sentience is because of our thumbs.

3-In space stage, once we reach a high enough rank, we should be able to go to a colony, and buy spaceships. They would cost around 3000 spore bucks, and depending on your rank, you could only have a certain number of them. They could prevent Eco-disasters, and provide protection for your colony's.
And, we can allow them to go to allied empire planets, so that they could do the same thing.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2008, 09:40:47 am »
Suggestions time!
1-How about a new type of 'Epic' creature? What I mean is, back in the Jurassic period, we had animals like the Brachiosaurus and Diplodocus roaming around in huge herds. In game, how can massive carnivores like the epics we already have in game, manage to keep themselves alive with the tiny number of prey around? They would be a type of herbivore, taken from the sporepedia, and supersized, and there would be more than 4 in the planet. They would be in a herd, and they would be neutral towards you.

I totally agree with this one. Epic creatures are pretty much angry monsters who like killing and destroying things. These herbivorous epics would spend lots of time grazing on the treetops, and migrating in herds. If carnivorous epic creatures notice them, they will attack them.

More suggestions:

• The ability to genetically engineer your own species in the Space Phase. When you begin doing this, your creature will automatically be undressed. But once you are done, you can go to the outfitter.
  • You should be able to make space stations.
  • When you use the planet killer, the planet should become hotter before it explodes. This would make the scene more enjoyable to watch.
  • Limit what creatures in the Space Stage go to the Tribal and Civilization Stage. Something as improbable as a worm or a frog can have a civilization in the Space Stage. Limit it only to Tribal Stage creatures (even if they're ridiculous) and creatures who have hands.
  • Bring back farms in the Civilization Stage!
  • An epic creature should pick up their kill and eat the whole body rather than take tiny morsels from it at a time.
  • If the mouth is more anterior than the hands, it should eat food with its mouth rather than trying to reach its short limbs to grab the food.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 09:44:34 am by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega