Author Topic: Absolute, Total & Utter Satisfaction!  (Read 10027 times)

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Absolute, Total & Utter Satisfaction!
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:32:45 am »
I... Like most was being relentlessly plummeted by 2 races in my space stage (at normal setting)... Over and over they would attack... The first race was the Zanurily... They were relentless... Attacking and attacking... Then when I allied with the Zeebus I defended them against the Marton... Well that caused mass war with the Martons... It was so bad I did not think I would ever defeat them (seriously)... But I picked away one system at a time, while the two species kept attacking me over and over. But I held out... I took someone's advice on here and took the fight to them... First I defeated the Zanurily... Then FINALLY I defeated the tougher Marton. I was elated... I spent all night doing it, not giving up... Now the region is all green and at peace. I finally have some breathing room to do some stuff.

Moral of the story just stick to your guns... It will get better!

Here is a cast of characters thus far in my Spore Saga (there are other races I am dealing with but they have just been met and I will see what comes of then). But these are the races of the 'First Wars':

Offline fallout386

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Absolute, Total & Utter Satisfaction!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:58:39 am »
I was in a bit of a pickle myself with one of my creations that wasn't very technologically advanced to lay the hurt on enemy colonies but had two allies. I asked my allies to attack my enemies and noticed that they began decimating them. Soon my enemies stopped attacking me and began focusing on my allies and after a while one of my enemies was subjugated by one of my allies. The other opponent was a bit tougher and my allies were at a stalemate till I developed some better technology and assisted them in the war. Was quite epic to say the least :)

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:36:15 am »
haha the stomachio are nice guys, they just gave me money.. even when I had never visited them lol.

Offline Insani99999

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 02:40:04 am »
I personally make as much allies as i can and only fight creatures i cant ally, or creatures that i demand they pay me tribute.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:00:41 am »
I felt the same when I slaughtered the 5 followers of Spode hellbent on my destruction :)
Though it was a hard fight I was still one of the lucky ones. While it was early on in my game, I had managed to make one ally, a bit of money, and had a chance to fight my way out.

Long but hard fight  (on easy o.O), but very satisfying :)

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:07:22 am »
I... Like most was being relentlessly plummeted by 2 races in my space stage (at normal setting)... Over and over they would attack... The first race was the Zanurily... They were relentless... Attacking and attacking... Then when I allied with the Zeebus I defended them against the Marton... Well that caused mass war with the Martons... It was so bad I did not think I would ever defeat them (seriously)... But I picked away one system at a time, while the two species kept attacking me over and over. But I held out... I took someone's advice on here and took the fight to them... First I defeated the Zanurily... Then FINALLY I defeated the tougher Marton. I was elated... I spent all night doing it, not giving up... Now the region is all green and at peace. I finally have some breathing room to do some stuff.

Moral of the story just stick to your guns... It will get better!

Here is a cast of characters thus far in my Spore Saga (there are other races I am dealing with but they have just been met and I will see what comes of then). But these are the races of the 'First Wars':

I have to borrow your little graphic idea for displaying the other space-empires you meet!  Very slick way of showing off your story. ;)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 07:21:24 am »
Blasphemy! The Zanurily are my allies!

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 07:22:01 am »
This is true, I also enjoyed it :)
I may do something similar... or I might if 80% of the space races in my game wasn't Maxis o_O
Perhaps in another save.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 07:37:46 am »
This is true, I also enjoyed it :)
I may do something similar... or I might if 80% of the space races in my game wasn't Maxis o_O
Perhaps in another save.

Do what I did. Take a bunch of your old creations from back in the CC days and dress them up in space outfits. Slowly but surely you should start seeing more of your own guys, at least, in Space. I also notice from my events window that other people started coming across my space guys as well.

I encourage everyone to dress some of your old creations up for Space, even if you aren't going to play them. I think part of the problem is that there aren't enough space races on the Sporepedia because most of them are from people's actual games. Plus, putting a hat on those early creations and watching them suddenly start speaking that alien simlish (or Sporlish I guess) is great fun!

I've been winning all my wars by de-terraforming the enemy planets, then asking the ally to attack them while I go about my business. They take over the enemy empire in no time, and my ally gets stronger in the process, and I can spend all of my time goofing off and making money. It's great.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:40:10 am by Crowster »

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 07:58:57 am »
I tried a "My Creations" theme game, and if you don't have a mega-horde of creations, it yields a nice balance of your creations in the mix.
I've been seeing a lot of my own species lately, although my offline sporepedia only has 100~ creatures.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:06:35 am »
Do what I did. Take a bunch of your old creations from back in the CC days and dress them up in space outfits. Slowly but surely you should start seeing more of your own guys, at least, in Space. I also notice from my events window that other people started coming across my space guys as well.

Aye, that's likely to help - I may do that. I'd prefer other people's creatures but if they're not creating them fast enough I guess I'll have to adapt ;)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 08:09:57 am »
I tried a "My Creations" theme game, and if you don't have a mega-horde of creations, it yields a nice balance of your creations in the mix.
I've been seeing a lot of my own species lately, although my offline sporepedia only has 100~ creatures.
I added every Gaming Steve member I could find onto my Buddy List.
I've just started a new game at Creature Phase and every creature I've met has been from one of the people on my Buddy List.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:15:46 am by spiritofcat »

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 08:14:03 am »
Even me?!

Anyway, I added clothes to cool looking creature without space outfits.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 08:17:08 am »
GAH..i was looking for my name but the Gs get cut of at gamingsteve >_<.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 08:24:30 am »
GAH..i was looking for my name but the Gs get cut of at gamingsteve >_<.

You're on there.

Yannick, you're not on my list yet. I'll add you ASAP.
I made my list by first searching for gamingsteve UFOs and adding every artist I found there.
After that I added anyone I saw on the forum who had a link to their profile in their signature.
You don't have a profile link in your sig, and you hadn't built any UFOs when I did that first search.

Edit:
Man, there are a lot of creatures named Yannick.
I did a search to try to find you, but there are too many to choose from.
At a guess I'd say you are Snowarpg18, but you haven't put gamingsteve in the tags for any of your creations.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:34:05 am by spiritofcat »