Author Topic: Is there a way to tell if the EADM has patched the game?  (Read 3778 times)

Offline MasterChiToes

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Is there a way to tell if the EADM has patched the game?
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:09 pm »
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:16:19 am by MasterChiToes »

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to tell if the EADM has patched the game?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 06:11:04 am »
I would assume it would work the same way as the Spore Creature Creator: when there is a patch you will get a prompt when you start the game asking if you want to update.

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:48:26 am »
Some things seem to have changed, but that might just be Spore randomness crossed with observational peculiarities.
i had the same feeling about some things, like.. the turrets of a city attacking the pirates and the like, but there was no message at all.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:55:07 am »
Well we know there's been at least one "silent patch", so in theory I guess we could have gotten any number of them I guess.

It would be really nice to see some patch notes on the whole patchyness, and a notice that we've been patched.
I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but is there a version number available in the main menu somewhere? We might be able to figure it out that way.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 06:57:45 am »
Well we know there's been at least one "silent patch", so in theory I guess we could have gotten any number of them I guess.

It would be really nice to see some patch notes on the whole patchyness, and a notice that we've been patched.
I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but is there a version number available in the main menu somewhere? We might be able to figure it out that way.
I never installed the EADM, so did I miss out on this silent patch?

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 07:07:01 am »

We do? I don't think we do. I think we know they've done some server-side changes at some point.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 07:15:52 am »
Sorry, I was under the impression a patch was installed recently to fix some client issues, but I may have confused a server patch with that. I really can't be arsed looking for the information I think I'm referring to right now, so I'm just assuming you're right instead :P

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:22 am »

We do? I don't think we do. I think we know they've done some server-side changes at some point.

Agreed.  I think there are way to may paranoid people out there against EA and that leads to the whole "OMG STEALTH PATCHEZ!!1!!!" belief.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of EA overall, but as their recent change to the number of accounts has proven, they are just a company that listens to the majority of their customers, and try to do what they think is best.  I am pretty sure we will be made aware of all patches that are downloaded and client side. ;)

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 07:59:44 am »
Agreed.  I think there are way to may paranoid people out there against EA and that leads to the whole "OMG STEALTH PATCHEZ!!1!!!" belief.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of EA overall, but as their recent change to the number of accounts has proven, they are just a company that listens to the majority of their customers, and try to do what they think is best.  I am pretty sure we will be made aware of all patches that are downloaded and client side. ;)

You misinterpreted my intention Legion.
I was not referring to conspiracies. I was referring to Lucky/Caryl's promise of a patch last week. However it may have been a server patch whereas I assumed it had been a client patch there was talk about.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 08:34:18 am »
If there was an update, I'ld expect the created and/or modified date of sporeApp.exe or at least the data packages to be the date of the patch, but for me they are the install dates. Well, the modified dates are actually in august, so probably when they were finalised I guess.

Offline WeAreLegion

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
    • Noigel's Art
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:41:50 am »

You misinterpreted my intention Legion.
I was not referring to conspiracies. I was referring to Lucky/Caryl's promise of a patch last week. However it may have been a server patch whereas I assumed it had been a client patch there was talk about.

Oh my bad.   ;)