Poll

DS or PSP?

DS
69 (71.9%)
PSP
27 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: DS or PSP - The Poll  (Read 16909 times)

Offline yazzer

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: DS or PSP - The Poll
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2006, 11:29:54 am »
Bought the PSP, enjoyed it for a bit, then it collected dust in the summer of '05. In the fall of '05, I stumbled accross homebrew, and I've been enjoying my PSP on a daily basis ever since.

I'm a huge NES & SNES fan, and I'm playing through all the games I enjoyed years ago.

This is what I always wanted my GBA to be!

Yazzer

Offline Snapple

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2006, 11:41:59 am »
psp is great, and i think that its starting to pickup decent games now, though i admit the ds looks pretty good as well
Dentists should not have to learn about lactation

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2006, 12:14:31 am »
It's really a no contest at this point.  Although it started off slow, the DS now has a huge library of classic games, and has even more on the way. 
I have nothing against the PSP, but at this point it's library of games isn't that fantastic, and what it does have, is mostly ports of games you can get on the PS2, with less features.  Though it is starting to get better, it'll be a while before it overtakes the DS.

The PSP does have some other features that may make it appeal to more people, but I can't think of one of them that is useful to me.  UMD's are much more expensive than DVD's and less useversial.  The web browser is slow, and you'd need a PC with an internet connection anyway, and it's too big and delicate to be used as an MP3 player, compared to something like an iPod or even a cheap mp3 player.

Offline Anti45

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2006, 02:16:32 pm »
I own both
PsP is the better Console but has no good IPs at the moment
This is where The DS comes in not a great piece of hardware but with tons of great IPs

Glossary
IP= Intelectual Property

Offline IscariotJ

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2006, 01:36:59 am »
I bought a DS when they came available in the UK, played Mario64 and the Metroid demo for a while, then went back to my GBA.  When GTA came out, I bought a PSP.  I played that until POP: Revelations came out, which is great.  And then Mario Kart came out.  Haven't been near the PSP since.

The PSP is a nice machine, needing some games ( are you listening Sony??? ).  As an MP3 player, it doesn't compete with my iPod.  Browsing is painful.  Watching UMD's on it, is nice, but they're a tad too expensive.

Until some decent PSP games come out, the DS is the most fun console to have.

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2006, 11:04:49 pm »
Bought the PSP, enjoyed it for a bit, then it collected dust in the summer of '05. In the fall of '05, I stumbled accross homebrew, and I've been enjoying my PSP on a daily basis ever since.

I'm a huge NES & SNES fan, and I'm playing through all the games I enjoyed years ago.

This is what I always wanted my GBA to be!

Yazzer

I find it ironic that the best games on the PSP are ten and twenty year old games from the competition...

-Understated elegance.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2006, 10:15:27 am »
And sony arent actually making any money out of it (except from sale of blank UMDs) they must be really pissed.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2006, 11:01:51 am »
And sony arent actually making any money out of it (except from sale of blank UMDs) they must be really pissed.

Well, they are probably also making money from the games and they probably also make a fair amount of money on their memory sticks.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!