Poll

DS or PSP?

DS
69 (71.9%)
PSP
27 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: DS or PSP - The Poll  (Read 16914 times)

Offline Agent Zero

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Previously known as Agent Z
    • View Profile
    • Adventures of a Teenage Game Master
DS or PSP - The Poll
« on: March 24, 2005, 08:31:05 am »
Ok then, somebody had to poll it: DS or PSP? If you could only have one of these lovely shiney excellent portable consoles, which would it be? Vote now and... yeah. Vote.

Quote from: Scipion
replayability ends where your imagination does...or when your computer stops working

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
Re: DS or PSP - The Poll
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 08:49:19 am »
I all ready have my precious PSP now, watching Spiderman2 at the moment, and getting ready to pick up a couple of games at a store that has them in stock.
If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 09:15:11 am »
I all ready have my precious PSP now, watching Spiderman2 at the moment, and getting ready to pick up a couple of games at a store that has them in stock.

Got mine as well. Wow, that screen is just amazing Spider-man 2 looks almost as good as my 55-inch HDTV (but tiny!). Got a couple of games, standard fare. Nothing amazing, the release games are good, but nothing amazingly original. I'll talk about it in my new podcast (which I plan on doing today).
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Jecrell

• Battlezone Captain
  • Giant Snowy Ape
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 09:41:54 am »
Even though I certainly do love Nintendo...

There's just something that bothers me about the abstract design.
That and I can't watch movies on it.

Sorry Mario

Offline Agent Zero

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Previously known as Agent Z
    • View Profile
    • Adventures of a Teenage Game Master
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 02:22:40 pm »
Ooh well after the DS getting a head start from me voting for it the PSP took an early lead but the DS has come back, but with many still to vote it's probably all going to change. At least twice.
Quote from: Scipion
replayability ends where your imagination does...or when your computer stops working

Offline madpoet

• Atari Combat Vet
  • I loves me Pokemon!
    • View Profile
    • Mad Poets Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 05:00:44 pm »
For me, neither.  I'm sticking to my GBA:SP until I see what the online services are going to look like.
Did you know that the turtle is nature's suction cup?

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 09:28:34 pm »
The DS has some design flaws that'll stop me from getting it at least until I find the ultimate DS game.

The PSP...is too bloody expensive! I'd get one but $400+ (au) is way too much.
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 09:30:08 pm »
Have is the main word there.  Buying..not so much.  Metal Gear is (as always) the main draw although from Podcast 6, the darkness seems like a problem. Oh well.  -leeman

Offline Cend

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 09:31:49 pm »
Not taking money into account, PSP. I already have a GBA:SP (actually playing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance right now...too bad the plot in that thing is utter crap) and the DS doesn't sport any games that would make me buy it..

Also, other than the money, Steve gave it such a great review that I'd consider it for sure.
"Perfection is just the perceived absence of flaws."
-Marvilber, on the subject of elves.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2005, 11:17:49 am »
PSP would have stomped out DS for me if it wasn't for the price. I still think PSP is better than the DS, but it's just too expensive! argh!

Offline TheGitaroo

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
    • The Wenatchee Rant
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 12:52:14 pm »
Neither of them have libraries that are convincing enough for me to want either at the moment, which is especially sad on the DS side, since they've had about a 5 or 6 month head start to build up a library and still the only game worth playing is a 9-year-old port of an N64 launch game.

I'll probably be getting a PSP after they lower the price (which I'd assume would be before Christmas) and hopefully get some more worthwhile games, as I'm only slightly interested in Lumines and Metal Gear Acid at this point.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 03:24:35 pm »
I really hope the PSP's price is lowered before Christmas, but I wouldn't count on it.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2005, 05:52:42 pm »
I had to vote DS because I own one and I'm looking forward to the Animal Crossing game coming out later this year.

Offline SHW

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 03:09:26 pm »
DS, Nintendo always has had innovative, creative games.

Offline Omnitron

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Paragon City Resident
    • View Profile
    • Central Nexus
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 12:18:12 pm »
I'm leary about the PSP.  I've always steered clear from Playstation, since I was offended by an anti-Saturn ad of theirs several years ago.  I do have a Sony PDA, but only a few months after I got it Sony pulled out of the PDA market ABANDONING users with little/no warning.  Its making me something of a SONY-phobic.  Now with dead-pixel stories and their must-return-to-Sony support protocol, I'm even more leary.  Add to that that this thing has a DRIVE disturbs me.  Moving parts in a portable??  Unless they've made that really well - I'd expect those to start to die sooner than anything else.   Add to that the overal expense and geez -- no way.

I got the DS shortly after Christmas.  My Advance was having problems - so this was a good replacement.  MOST of the games I still play are Advance games.  I've liked the puzzle games on this, although I'm wondering how long before the lower touch screen is scuffed or marred by stylus usage.  At least the battery life is good