Author Topic: OpDDay's Graveyard of the Forgotten - Third Time's Curse  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
OpDDay's Graveyard of the Forgotten - Third Time's Curse
« on: September 16, 2008, 11:33:08 pm »
You know they say third time's a charm, well I doubt it. This thread shall die just like my previous 2. So instead of taking the time to post all my creations, I'll post some of my best and maybe a few theme ones when I get around to it. So, welcome to the Graveyard of the Forgotten.

Creatures (Spore):
- Creature:
- Dregatis, remade into Spore to animate correctly and fix it's glitches.

- Inogk, the species I made when playing hard.

- Umouk'got, the species I made when testing if all "Green" caused Pirates and Hostiles to appear to often.

- Skord, one of my (many) Space Races.

- Doorimo, my first Spore species.

- Muldra, odd bipedal creatures.

- Tribe:
- Inogk Tribe, ahhh how I love how these guys look.

- Umouk'got Tribe, you can see the evil in their eyes!

- Muldra Tribe, you know... I wonder how they manage to get those hats on and off.

- Civ:
- Inogk Civilization, they look like hard workers, what with the hardhats and eye shield, but actually they're quite lazy.

- Umouk'got Civilization, I love how they turned out. They look strangely smug.

- Skord Civilization, when in  Skode, do as the Skodans. These guys are simple, but I like them.

- Space:

- Minimax Empire, one of the best creatures I updated to Space Stage, well that can be uploaded. Damn Sporepedia errors.

- Skord Empire, the Empire of Redundancy! "What do you mean we already have wings?! You can never have to many wings!"

Creatures (CC):

Lanuid, the strange walking land squid. It hides it's mouth under it's pseudo-tentacles.

Trewnts, I really enjoy these guys. I never did finish writing about them. I blame my anti-social tendencies and periodic depression. They deserve better than that.

Shiroobbit, these guys get a lot of attention but not as much as some. It's a shame too because I really like them.

Peahawk, my most popular creature. He's really just a recolor/tweak of my Peakeet though, yet he's way more popular than my Peakeet.

Peakeet, they have an inferiority complex and despises the color pink. Poor little things.

Ehh.. I'll stop it there for now or this list will have 85% of my 130+ creatures.

Buildings:

The Bloge Theatre, "Not the Globe Theatre... but the Bloge Theatre! It's not a rip off at all."

Hugging Home, Aww look those trees are hugging.

Sky High Homes, homes with a view! The only problem is the high "Death by agonizingly long fall and subsequent *Splat*" rate.

Munjet Ampitheater, ignore it's misspelled name please -_-. My first attempt at an open air theater type building.

Munjet Manor, fear and respect the might Munjets.

Vehicles:

- Reklaw Kcatta, "Help! Somebody stop this crazy thing!"

- Tfarc Tluassa, "Captain, this isn't good. I mean how the heck did you DO this." "Well, I don't remember most of it, but I'd say 5 bottles of Vodka, a dare, and a lot of luck. Now will you shut up? This hangover is killing me." ".... Idiot."

- Rebmob, "Why does this keep happening to me? I should just quit the military."

- The Aquatic Enforcer, Ahh I really love how the colors came out on this. Sometimes the Paint-like Feature creates some really awesome designs unintentionally.

- Hymn of the Swift, the paint scheme on this really pulls it together. I love the effect you can get by using the religious music symbols as insignias on your vehicles.

- Golden Ark, where to start with this? I just love it. It also gives me an idea on how to do a good Cylon Raider, which I may or may-not do.

- Eco-Friendly Econ-O-Mobile, ahh this thing works so well. You have to check it out in the editor/game to appreciate it.

Spaceship:

The Boldly Buying, "Space, the Final Marketplace."

The Mothship Cometh, Mothmen? Who cares about some lousy Mothmen! The Mothship comeths!

The Great God Incarnate, Fear the Great God Incarnate for he shall lay waste to your worlds. I think this is just awesome.. the cockpit is his tongue... his eyes are lights... ahh man... I'm a genius. *rollseyes* ;) :-p

- Needle Hawk, simple but strangely elegant. I like it, but I'm not positive why with it's drab coloring scheme. It's probably the awesome angles I got out of it.

Music: *Pending*

"Custom" Planets: *Pending, I plan to use the cheat that let's you capture an animated GIF of a planet to keep track of planets that I design, when I get that deep into the Space Stage*

Creatures are seperated because creatures made in the CC may not look or work right in Spore and I've not tested/remade that many of them yet, mostly because of the Ownership Glitch/Problems.

Feedback of any sort is welcome, heck I know I have 40+ subscribers so.. just an affirmation of identity would be nice. :-p

"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
Re: OpDDay's Graveyard of the Forgotten - Third Time's Curse
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:28:15 am »
You have some awesome buildings there. =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:13:01 am »
Thanks.. buildings are about the only thing that I can do really well in the editors right now. My vehicles and creatures usually wind up being more average, despite my love for them.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 03:47:11 am »
Good stuff :-)

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 04:58:51 am »
Great stuff! You know I find it kind of hard to make good looking religious vehicles because of all of those "musical instruments" who look like giant tubes. But I think you did yours rather well. Anyway like I told you before my favourite is definitely the Shiroobbit.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 08:01:05 am »
Great stuff! You know I find it kind of hard to make good looking religious vehicles because of all of those "musical instruments" who look like giant tubes. But I think you did yours rather well. Anyway like I told you before my favourite is definitely the Shiroobbit.

I like to use the Pipes as background detail, "wings", or exhaust pipes. Until I started embedding the musical note and the Treble-Cleft-thing, I had no idea what to do with those parts.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 10:59:15 pm »
Bump...

A couple new ones. I absolutely love how this (these?) guy(s) came out.

M'gosk:

Mo'gak:

Mo'gak Tribe:

Mo'gak Civilization:

Mo'gak Empire:

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 01:49:00 pm »
Just got them through the boddy a while a go. Great stuff. By the way I hate the Inogk! I always meet the creature version in the creature stage and they are rentless!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 12:22:51 am »
The Golden Arc is really nice, I might buddy you.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:04 am »
The Golden Arc is really nice, I might buddy you.

I really enjoyed how that one came out. There is something about flipping a part and using it like that that is aesthetically pleasing to me. You've been on my list for awhile, but then again a lot of people are on my list right now.

I really like how these few vehicles came out (though they are a bit "busy"):

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 12:18:28 am »
I hate bumping, especially my own threads, but I just made this (and I love it, obviously):

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-OpDDay2001|2250852326%3Asast-500127993613

Sp-64 Sporecrane - My attempt at a S-64 Skycrane