Author Topic: Fantasy Land Formations  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Fantasy Land Formations
« on: September 15, 2008, 09:42:21 am »
  Am I the only one who hates the crab claws and gears planets? Ive blown up 290 of them so far. These fantasy planets make me sick. Maybe its a obsessive compulsive thing because for the most part the game rocks.

As a mildly obsessive compulsive person I spend no less then a hour looking for a good earthlike planet now. Maybe longer. Theres no way to blow up a planet before I colonize it to cycle through them tell I get one without claws. For some reason 9/10ths of my planets have claws or gears. All I want is a gosh darn mound of rocks, heck obsidian, mushroom trees. Any of those I can stand. Love even... Sigh, anyways just had to vent, its ruining my experience having to make planets for so long. Not to mention I cant save a ****ing planet! I mean for god sake, if I make a good one and if by some mistake I forget to put a ominivore mouth in cell and save later, then Im screwed, planets dead. I mean when you have something that prohibits your entire species development because you cant back up. PISSING ME OFF!

By the way... I LOVE SPORE! Lol Im usually the positive one. Thats why this is buggering me so bad.

Offline Salazar

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Land Formations
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:47:31 am »
Sounds like you've had bad luck, most of the planets ive found are relatively normal.
Also i dont think theres anything odd about blowing up stuff you dont like in a game, what else would the planet buster be good for?   ;)

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 10:06:47 am »
I don't care much to be honest. I had a gears planet once, and it made me rich with blue spice! I love it!
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 10:22:32 am »
 Hehe, true enough. It did give my religious race a reason to crusade! DESTROY THEM ALLL!!!! I just wish there was a way to save your planets. Hell Id even back up every save file in the game with a bunch of good planets, then when things go bad just whipe it all and restart at a save point. So far I cant figure out how to backup saves.

Offline SiestaGuru

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 11:23:16 am »
I dont even know what gears and crab claw planets are  :o Could you show a screenshot?
My best stuff: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=st-sc%3Assc-500079691379

Random stuff: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-SiestaGuru|2263001209%3Assc-500036839043%3Aview-top_rated

Aircraft: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-SiestaGuru|2263001209%3Assc-500020463820%3Aview-top_rated

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 11:34:56 am »
 Only the bane of the Galaxy I live in. Some galactic god played a prank on me. Giant phallic rocks which look like you guessed it everywhere, or planets covered in pineapple rocks, claw rocks, hell I even have a scalloped shell planet. Sigh, what I wouldnt do for some nice pine trees. I found a world with pines just last night! Im going to use it to normalize my home planet.  ::)

Actually scratch that. Soon as I get home Im deleting it all. Starting new. Maybe Ill get lucky next time and have alot of normals! Wouldnt that be awesome! The only thing im saving is my race the Aulijahni! AH such grace!

Actually ill take some pictures when I get home. Im at work now. Really all that bugs me is when I do get a good planet and I screw up, I cant reuse it. A Start Over button would be helpful. Mind you the way the planets can interact my preclude such things. Since if planet b interacts with c, how could you delete c?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:46:26 am by Techleo »

Offline Captain Indigo

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 12:25:53 pm »
I personally <3 gears planets, but there aren't nearly enough of them :P

^^Click^^

Offline SporeKevin

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:56:04 pm »
I'm waiting to find a chocolate planet.   I'm starting to get the tools for one, so if a 'wild' one doesn't show, I may have to make my own.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 07:56:40 pm »
 5 Normal formation planets! I hit the jackpot! My capital one has beautiful blue obsidian formations! IM IN HEAVEN! ;D

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »
I got the gear sea and mesa tools I love my gear ocean I put on a planet. You know one day I'm just going to make an ocean world maybe even out of gears. Leave a tiny bit of room on it for a colony or just a basic eco system. Wait turn it into a lava gear planet. Come to think of it expect future enemies to be defeated by have worlds turned to lava gears.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42:46 pm »
  I mite do the same with a terraform tool if it made the mineral outcrops. I mean there stunning in my suns light.

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 01:38:15 am »
*lol* dude you have ISSUES! :P
Naw they don't bother me much. I thought it was silly when I saw them in vids long ago but I've gotten used to the idea :) And you can terrasculpt them all if you want ;)

As for saving planets I think that's only a matter of time. They've aired the idea of releasing a planet editor, and if they do then you'll most certainly be able to save the ones you make there :)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 06:19:20 am »
I'm not sure I've seen any fantasy planets yet. I don't recall gears and crab claws, how cool is that. I have more exploring to do now. :P

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 06:25:12 am »
Yeah there's loads. My favourites are the tentacle set, the chocolate set and the terra one.
I want a brown colour for the chocolate though. Is there a brown brush? I've not seen it yet if so.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 08:20:25 am »
 My favourite has to be the Giant Mushroom forests. Something mystical about them :D My entire culture of one homeworld is centred around the Yahduah. A sort of Mushroom temple on a small island. Keeping it as a city in civ stage is a pain! With 3 spice deposits right outside of it every race wants it in civ hehe. Which makes the RP value ten fold:D