Author Topic: Gamingsteve Members Should Make Sporecasts  (Read 5334 times)

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
Re: Gamingsteve Members Should Make Sporecasts
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 09:17:06 am »
I think a list of sporecasts is a great idea, but i would strongly suggest that people provide the following information.  (You want people to click on your link? Tell them what it is!  "Shiny Spaceships" is much more compelling to people who want more spaceships, than just saying "here's my sporecast")

1) What type of content: Cells, Creatures, Vehicles, UFOs, Buildings, Sentient Creatures, or a Mix

2) What is the theme style or common thread of the sporecast's content?  Is it a set of buildings/creatures/vehicles that go together?  Is it starwars themed stuff?  What is the basis for adding some stuff to this sporecast, but not leaving out something else?

-----

I have a couple other sporecasts that won't fit in my sig:

Buildings of Style:
A collection of good-looking, distinctive buildings i've run across looking for creatures.  Focus on sets that match.

Vehicles, Various
An eclectic collection of original vehicles.  As it grows the emphasis will be on: 1) vehicles that are clearly Military, Religious or Economic. 2) Vehicle sets that go together

In addition to the more mature sporecasts in my Sig:

Quality, Plausible Aliens emphasizes hard-scifi creatures in the tradition of the weirdness of Wayne Douglas Barlow, or Snaiad. They generally appear strange to human sensibilities.

Almost Cute AliensT contains cuter and more approachable creatures— the friendlier side of xenobiology— but avoids (IMHO) crossing the line to excessive cuteness, i.e. creatures that seem designed only to appeal to the human "cute" instinct.

There is a lot of overlap between these two, but i estimate "Almost Cute" is about half stuff that's not in "Quality, Plausible".

Quality, Original UFOs focuses on neat looking spaceships, while avoiding ships that recreate well-known sci-fi icons (i.e. Star Destroyers or Enterprises)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 12:48:33 pm »
Well I'm working on the index now in the exchange. Its up but still work in progress obviously.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=14553.0
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 12:52:29 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 02:22:02 pm »
I'd make one, but no one would use it. So I don't.

My work is often overlooked (it's just bad, I guess). No one comments and even less rate. So wher eI used to go around and comment and vote on people who commented me.. I've lost the drive to.. plus not being able to vote from within the game makes me less inclined to do so as I will often forget what I wanted to vote on. So far, I have 37 Subscribers... and as far as I can tell none of anything I made has been in any type of Sporecast except the GamingSteve one. I'll never get a feature and I'll never get noticed. That is fine, except that I hope that some people out there can appreciate the time I put into my creations (most of them).
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 03:02:10 pm »
All of my content worth sharing has the gamingsteve tag in it, however I don't think I could keep up with the rest of the GS community. Right now I'm only using sporecasts to group content belonging to a single species I make as I play them through the game, such as my Teralyte sporecast.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 03:03:38 pm »
We should just start one giant GS Sporecast for all GS members to dip into and deposit from.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 03:09:17 pm »
Right now I've been sticking to just putting GS members on my buddy list. I find I get a fair amount of content from GSers this way.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 03:11:27 pm »
Added me yet?  I make good creatures, I just choose not to post them on the forum.  I will add you in return, of course.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 03:18:55 pm »
I've got a sporecast too, called "cute & cuddly". It's not my own creatures, in fact i avoid adding my own: but it's creatures from all over the spore pedia that meet my criteria of cute and cuddly.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012809409

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 03:21:03 pm »
Well since i have gotten a lousy 2 PMs since i started the index and you guys posted some here I'm going to snag those and drop them in the index.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 03:25:25 pm »
Added me yet?  I make good creatures, I just choose not to post them on the forum.  I will add you in return, of course.

I'll add you.. umm.. just not this minute.. *shifty eyes* I think I added you though, I just went on an adding spree because I missed some very key people. How could I forget Parkaboy?
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 03:44:19 pm »
What's your Sporepedia name?  I don't know how you could miss Parkaboy, same as how I could miss you.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 03:45:58 pm »
Same as here.. link is in my sig.

OpDDay2001. I'm easy to miss, I go into periods of inactivity.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 03:47:02 pm »
Added  ;D

Also, nice to know I was added without asking someone to.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 04:32:20 pm »
We should just start one giant GS Sporecast for all GS members to dip into and deposit from.
We have one already. Sporecasts are in the Sporepedia section. Probably why you didn't see it here.

Gaming Steve Sporecast (contains about 3-5 things from a variety of members): http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-LadyM|2262838189%3Assc-500012804764

LadyMpire: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-LadyM|2262838189%3Assc-500012824853

Space Ship Bonanza: http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-LadyM|2262838189%3Assc-500069881912
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 06:10:17 am by LadyM »

Offline Serinen

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Excellent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 06:06:53 pm »
I've subscribed to a few sporecasts (Gaming Steve Sporecast included) and I'm finally starting to see GS members stuff in my games ;D. I have to say that most of it's good so give yourselves a pat on the back.
Also I got my first event message about someone killing an epic version of my Probatron creature in the tribal stage :D, wish i could have seen it.
My Sporepedia Page
The First Spore Stop Motion Animation
An analog man lost in a digital age... cue the sad music.